User Tag List

Page 150 of 291 FirstFirst ... 50 100 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,534 to 2,550 of 4943
  1. #2534
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lee Chong Wei called Li Yongbo to say that he wasn't playing due to an injury to his shoulder (I suspect it has already healed that time but he didn't feel like playing in China nor want to risk playing so quickly with his injury just being healed)

    Lin Dan walkover just proves that CL would be the second man for the OG, no doubt.

  2. #2535
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Yes, but is really hard for them to avoid eachother all the time :-)

    LCW WO:ed last week because he didnt want to face LD in China and now LD WOs..Probably because not perfect form and LYB wants to groom Chen Long for the future when they do not have LD.
    I too am eager to watch Badminton match between these two so called badminton giants in Men Single category, before 2012 OG of course. The match between them is very exciting & intense, elevating badminton match to another level...

    Your comments about CL makes sense... Grooming CL is indeed very crucial for the China domination in Badminton world far more crucial when they do not have LD to become the assassin.

  3. #2536
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't worry. they probably meet in this year's SS Final or next year's AE before Olympic 2012.

  4. #2537
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Lee Chong Wei called Li Yongbo to say that he wasn't playing due to an injury to his shoulder (I suspect it has already healed that time but he didn't feel like playing in China nor want to risk playing so quickly with his injury just being healed)

    Lin Dan walkover just proves that CL would be the second man for the OG, no doubt.
    What about Chen jin??

  5. #2538
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    What about Chen jin??
    CJ will be gone and by then CL will rule the sky. Unless one from MAS, KOR, DEN or INA raise up to the challenge

  6. #2539
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So BCL did the right thing by announcing his retirement last week as he sees things faster, eh?

  7. #2540
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For chen long, winning the Japan open is probably his best performance this yearbut this is just the beginning. His main task will be how he performs in his next tournament The smartest one is Lin Dan, just maintain low profile even to the extend of giving match over to team matesor even fake an injury and spring a surprise comes Olympic 2012

  8. #2541
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    For chen long, winning the Japan open is probably his best performance this yearbut this is just the beginning. His main task will be how he performs in his next tournament The smartest one is Lin Dan, just maintain low profile even to the extend of giving match over to team matesor even fake an injury and spring a surprise comes Olympic 2012
    LD can afford to do this as he is at the top of the CHN food chain. All his team mates how to "lose" to him when it matters. So no matter how good CL becomes over the next year, as long as he is in LD's way in the top tier tournaments, he has to make way. Of course, LYB needs to rubber stamp the result first.

  9. #2542
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,664
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    2004 All-England Open.
    Was LD using the MP99 then?
    Can anyone confirm?

  10. #2543
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    LD can afford to do this as he is at the top of the CHN food chain. All his team mates how to "lose" to him when it matters. So no matter how good CL becomes over the next year, as long as he is in LD's way in the top tier tournaments, he has to make way. Of course, LYB needs to rubber stamp the result first.
    I agree LD is at the top of CHN food chain. But come OLY12, it will be CJ who will 'lose' to LD and not CL. That is because if all 3 finish at the top 4 and all 3 qualify for OLY12, based on current CHN WR rankings, CL will be in LCW half and CJ will be in LD half. Let's say CL beat LCW in SF, and CJ 'lose' to LD, it will CL-LD final and at this point, LYB does not fix result as coaches are not at courtside if it is all CHN final in a major, open battle. Only in SS final, LYB will fix result to 'distribute' points to the player who needs it to qualify for OLY12 and the player who needs those OLY points is CJ.

  11. #2544
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CMIIW but I thought the 3rd and 4th seeds are distributed randomly into the halves? So assuming the rankings are LCW, LD, CL, CJ, it could very well be the case that CL is in LD's half.

  12. #2545
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The match Lin Dan lost to the Hong kong Wong in the 2rd round of Denmark open. i believe lin dan is not really interested to play. its impossible to see Lin dan miss so much simple shots!

  13. #2546
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    The match Lin Dan lost to the Hong kong Wong in the 2rd round of Denmark open. i believe lin dan is not really interested to play. its impossible to see Lin dan miss so much simple shots!
    LD is a proud man and it must be very humbling for him to lose to a young novice in the person of WWK in the 2nd round of the 2011 Yonex Denmark Badminton Open.
    That loss for the World and Olympic champion is in the records now.

  14. #2547
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    The match Lin Dan lost to the Hong kong Wong in the 2rd round of Denmark open. i believe lin dan is not really interested to play. its impossible to see Lin dan miss so much simple shots!
    That s a sign of panic because he underestimated WWK.

  15. #2548
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    That s a sign of panic because he underestimated WWK.
    LD seems to be getting old, unlike LCW who is still looking to prove to all that he is at the very top.

    By the way I'm guessing this also describes your thought process and behaviour towards encountering new opponents

  16. #2549
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    LD seems to be getting old, unlike LCW who is still looking to prove to all that he is at the very top.By the way I'm guessing this also describes your thought process and behaviour towards encountering new opponents
    LD only fears LCW. Other players, he just turns up to play. Come Olympics, LD will be young again for a week.

  17. #2550
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    LD only fears LCW. Other players, he just turns up to play. Come Olympics, LD will be young again for a week.
    Yes, I find it interesting that, LD does fear only LCW while LCW the same, fears only LD while all the others fear both of them each

    Difference is as I stated, LCW is still hell bent on proving that he is able to beat them all while LD tends to choose who ever opponent he wants to defeat for his own reasons and purpose..

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •