User Tag List

Page 157 of 304 FirstFirst ... 57 107 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 2,653 to 2,669 of 5152
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lethargic Lin Dan was back again today. A very disappointing final. He almost refused to win the match. In the second game, there were numerous opportunities that he could have attacked but chose to either hit a clear or carelessly smash to net.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    The lethargic Lin Dan was back again today. A very disappointing final. He almost refused to win the match. In the second game, there were numerous opportunities that he could have attacked but chose to either hit a clear or carelessly smash to net.
    Agree... For people new to Badminton, we would not be surprised to find them saying that our beloved Badminton is such a boring sport to watch (and/or to follow), if we informed them that LD is our best Badminton player ever in the history of our sport.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD got his fame and fortune in badminton. The one and only remaining duty/obligation is to win the London Olympics for which his preparation is perhaps 6-month ahead of the schedule. He has absolutely no motivation for anything else.

LD is now bad influence on his younger team mates who have neither the ability nor achievements of LD but exhibit the same careless attitude of LD. The chief example is the very disappointing Wang Zhengming.

If the CHN team is not watching out, there will not be a new generation good players but with only CL to play the lone wolf role as LCW for MAS now. Fortunately for them, there will probably be no new LD to spoil the career of the new LCW.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both LD and LCW were playing the conditions. Anyone who knows anything about badminton would know you can't go all aggressive the whole match. You need to pick your spots to attack, especially when your opponent is as good as you.

It's called strategy and it's too bad some people can't appreciate the match for what it is. Yes it may not be as exciting to watch but you get to see a good chess match

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should all cherish the freedom to appreciate the strategy of casually hitting into the net or out of bounds.

Thank heavens also for the freedom of not sharing such good taste and for the fact that most players don't practice such strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    We should all cherish the freedom to appreciate the strategy of casually hitting into the net or out of bounds.

Thank heavens also for the freedom of not sharing such good taste and for the fact that most players don't practice such strategy.
    LD just threw the match as he probably concluded the gap was too much to catch. Rather that go all out and lose like a man in the 3rd set, he rather not give LCW the dignity for winning a proper fought match.

I have friends like this, when they know they cant win a set, they will play like **** and claim they give me a set, not feeling well etc. Here is the killer statement "If I go all out you will be finished". Well then why didn't you? The people I have to put up with

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    LD just threw the match as he probably concluded the gap was too much to catch. Rather that go all out and lose like a man in the 3rd set, he rather not give LCW the dignity for winning a proper fought match.

I have friends like this, when they know they cant win a set, they will play like **** and claim they give me a set, not feeling well etc. Here is the killer statement "If I go all out you will be finished". Well then why didn't you? The people I have to put up with
    It is sufficient to say what it is. LD's frequent display of disinterest in playing the game is not good for badminton or himself.

There is no need to project some dark feelings onto LD. The "I have a friend" or "friend of a friend" trick is old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    It is sufficient to say what it is. LD's frequent display of disinterest in playing the game is not good for badminton or himself.

There is no need to project some dark feelings onto LD. The "I have a friend" or "friend of a friend" trick is old.
    Your "disinterest" comment does not compute, no real champion worth his salt will do that. I was just relating a similar behavior in real life. It is not a trick.

Lets just hope he does not do it again this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LD will give a walkover half way during the MO..anyone wants to agree with me?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    I think LD will give a walkover half way during the MO..anyone wants to agree with me?
    I was the first one to predict LD's walkover last year. Should be the same this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I was the first one to predict LD's walkover last year. Should be the same this year.
    I still remember the whole of Malaysia and probably the world (including China fans) were super pissed off, hopefully this does not happen again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    agree with you there..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought long and hard about LD's unraveling in the latter stages of G3 in the KOR Open. What were the reasons for his wobble that cost him the match.

The only logical conclusion was his disastrous hair cut. When kwun gave it the thumbs down, he started to falter. He then realized he looked ridiculous using only half the bowl for the front portion, got somewhat embarrassed and decided he should pack it in quickly.

So for those who said he was disinterested, he actually became self-conscious, froze and stopped performing.

I kid of course. Go Lin Dan! Jia You!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I thought long and hard about LD's unraveling in the latter stages of G3 in the KOR Open. What were the reasons for his wobble that cost him the match.

The only logical conclusion was his disastrous hair cut. When kwun gave it the thumbs down, he started to falter. He then realized he looked ridiculous using only half the bowl for the front portion, got somewhat embarrassed and decided he should pack it in quickly.

So for those who said he was disinterested, he actually became self-conscious, froze and stopped performing.

I kid of course. Go Lin Dan! Jia You!
    Haha.. This is the truth. No bullsh*t. I was watching with my 11 year young son and he asked me who cuts LD's hair and I answered he used a half cut coconut shell to cover his head and cut the hair.

Told you we are wise men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hair cut cause him the match? LOL what an excuse...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    is rotten egg allow into the stadium?
    thinking of bringing few.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    is rotten egg allow into the stadium?
    thinking of bringing few.
    Don't waste the eggs. Things are getting more & more expensive here. Consume them before they turn bad.
    ..and do you think LD will stand there for you to throw the eggs? He may retaliate with a smash to you at 296km/h.