User Tag List

Page 159 of 294 FirstFirst ... 59 109 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 2,687 to 2,703 of 4993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The match fixing/walkover saga, is really BWF's own fault and in reality it should be them who get the blame, not LYB/CBA.

If BWF didn't impose a stupid rule stating that "for 3 to qualify, they have to be within the top 4" then this issue wouldn't happen.

It's almost as it BWF said to LYB, "here's a challenge for you, let's see what you can do" to which LYB said: "Challenge accepted!"

If they said, 3 within top 6 or 8 then that's realistic to achieve, it's pratically impossible to achieve 3 in 4 spots, unless you have a tactical mastermind at the top, aka LYB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every country should only have 1 player. That's it. Simple. There are so many countries in the world. Give everyone a chance to participate. This is one a lifetime opportunity for them. There are plenty of SS tournaments in the calendar. Be good people. Don't be greedy. Karma will come back to those who are greedy, arrogant and selfish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Every country should only have 1 player. That's it. Simple. There are so many countries in the world. Give everyone a chance to participate. This is one a lifetime opportunity for them. There are plenty of SS tournaments in the calendar. Be good people. Don't be greedy. Karma will come back to those who are greedy, arrogant and selfish.
    That would be completely unfair?

Therefore by this, if your unlucky enough to be born in china and be #2 In the world behind your compatriot, you Gould never see the Olympics?

Or you just go off and change your nationality to Namibia...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow China cannot blame the BWF

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    If BWF didn't impose a stupid rule stating that "for 3 to qualify, they have to be within the top 4" then this issue wouldn't happen.
    I suppose that you are talking about BWF tournaments for individual players, such as the World Championships, Olympic Games, Super Series tournaments, etc, etc, ......

China cannot blame the BWF.

When BWF set up the rules, the rules apply to ALL countries in the world. If the majority of the countries are happy with their rules, then those rules should be applied/welcomed.

Just because there are many stronger players in China, BWF should not please just China alone.

When BWF was formed (then known as the IBF), one of their first events organised was the Thomas Cup. It was stated that each country can field in ONE team.

Before IBF, Badminton England organised their first All-England Open tournament, they welcomed top individual players (it didn't matter whether the players were all coming from one country).

If I were BWF, I would continue with their first rule; ONE team per country (for team events). And also to add in - ONE player per country (for individual events).

Talking about China, I am sure that China would also like the Thomas Cup to be set up as a team tournament where each country can send multiple teams. Yes, their 2nd, 3rd and much lower teams can defeat weaker nations like Australia, where I am.

But think of this situation carefully: BWF is a body for ALL Badminton nations. If BWF allow stronger nations to discourage weaker nations from participating, then BWF would have failed in governing Badminton as a worldwide sport (for ALL nations).

In WC and/or OG, I would like to see just one medal being won by each country, not all 3 medals being won by one country.

If I were BWF, I would organise tournaments like "Tournaments between National Champions of ALL Nations".

In other words, for each player or team, their goals are;
    * To become the national champion of one's country first.
    * Then, to become the champion of champions of all countries.

Therefore, for our world stage, BWF should invite only the National Champions (individual or team) from each country to participate their events, no more no less.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-19-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're contradicting yourself. Having one player from every country is not giving everyone a chance.

Everyone should be given a fair chance to be qualified regardless of nationality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post

Just because there are many stronger players in China, BWF should not please just China alone.
    For a tournament regarded as the highest level, barring the best players from particpation because of nationality is nonsense.

The BWF doesn't need to please any country. They only need to be fair to each player, who trains to give and show their best to you and me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it is interesting to read chris proposal and i wonder if such a tournament where only national champions can participate.

the way it is today, the World Championship is called "World" Championship, that is, it is a championship for everyone in the world. there is no mention of nations in the name, thus, it should be a championship for individual players, regardless of nation.

what chris proposes, i would call it an international championship. it is really about the competition between the best of each nation, their national champions. thus it should be called international championship.

and that brings to the point about BWF. prior to their name change, their are called International Badminton Federation. Which has the implication that they are there for the nations. but after the name change, now they are called Badminton World Federation, but in contrast, they seem to be more interested in the welfare of the nations instead of for the players of the world in general.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    For a tournament regarded as the highest level, barring the best players from particpation because of nationality is nonsense.

The BWF doesn't need to please any country. They only need to be fair to each player, who trains to give and show their best to you and me.
    Then we need another body, such as an ABP (Association of Badminton Professionals) to be formed. They can stage this - Best players, regardless nationality.

When this body can be formed, ALL players should be welcomed, even if 80% of the players are from China - A good example is set by Tennis (the ATP - Association of Tennis Professionals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the problem is not about now many participant from a particular country but the manipulation that come along with it.

I personally think if 4 from China are the best lets say WS, then all are entitled to participate as long as they dont come up with the simulated training matches, injuries, walkovers, tag team etc. When country comes first and professionalism second this is what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why we have country like France, Singapore, Holland, USA, HongKong, Australia to take in those left overs.. kekeke.. This is also one way to control china's population. lmao... You must be a Chen Long fan correct? lol.

Forget about professionalism. We are human. Human tend to abuse others with the power they have. Just look at those politicians. The are human. lol. Use a brain against them. Follow the rules, if not, pls butt out.

You're contradicting yourself. Having one player from every country is not giving everyone a chance.

Everyone should be given a fair chance to be qualified regardless of nationality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like we are going beyond LD discussion.

interesting to read all of these, and this is exactly why we saw so many walkovers, etc..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    blaming olympic rule is like
    it is the law who force me to rob others since i need to pay high tax
    is that made sense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is best fit for countries like Malaysia, coz got one and only one great player, LCW. Good suggestion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea... how about UK? You got Rajiv Yousef? Same mate. Let's friend friend... lmao..

We have to do our best to support 'our own country men'. Not supporting other countries.

Some call it 'running dog' or traitors to their own country.. lol.

It could be due to the fact that their own country can't win it, so, what the heck, I'll support the best and claim it as 'my' country. lmao... Since when is badminton a professional sport?

Or is it that they really hated their own country? very sad indeed.
    Last edited by extremenanopowe; 01-20-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down The problem is China doing their match-fixing

The problem is China doing their match-fixing.

IMHO, China, being the strongest Badminton nation, has thrown our sport upside-down.

We, Badminton fans, would like to find who is the best and fairest player in the world.

China, on the other hand, like to fix matches, so that one of their players (not necessarily their best) to win a title.

Can't you see the difference?

Well, if you don't see the difference, then perhaps I shall give one of the examples:

C1 = Best CHN player (Let's give him 10/10 ranking)
    C2 = Second best CHN player (Let's give him 8/10 ranking)

N1 = Best non-CHN player (Let's give him 9/10 ranking)
    N2 = Second best non-CHN player (Let's give him 7/10 ranking)

Therefore, their strength/ability/skill: C1>N1>C2>N2.

Let's say at the Semi-Finals, C1 plays N1, and C2 plays N2.

CBA wanted to raise the ranking of C2.

Based on their true strength/ability/skill (C1>N1>C2>N2), at the Semi-Finals, C1 defeated N1, and C2 defeated N2.

At the Finals, because CBA say let's raise the ranking of C2, C1 was asked to lose to C3.

Now, what is the point? We want to find out who is the best player in the tournament. But C1 was told to let C2 win.

BCers who are of less knowledgeable about players' strength/ability/skill would say "Wow, C2 is really the best at this tournament". But knowledgeable BCers would say "That's rubbish. All Chinese players and fans know that C1 is way better than C2's skill".

To China, it is good - C2 will be ranking highest in the next world ranking.

To us fans, it is bad - C1, the better player, will be ranked lower than C2 in the next world ranking.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-20-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should also look at the rules laid down for such major events, Olympics, Thomas Cup, etc.
    Of course each organizing body sets its own rules to reflect its objective. For the Olympics badminton, it is a compromise in individual events for the best players and from as many countries as possible subject to certain standards which unfortunately are quite low.
    In view of this, based on the accusations against so-called foul play by China, which I think are completely misguided, China is at least thinking and planning one step ahead. To achieve maximum participation for their players it is common sense that the only intelligent strategy to play out is exactly what we are seeing with so many 'no shows'. Now, if only others can use strategy instead of sticking their neck in the sand and throw mud at China.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Judo (Each nation can qualify one athlete per event)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it is interesting to read chris proposal and i wonder if such a tournament where only national champions can participate.
    It is not my proposal. I borrowed it from Judo (how they do it at the Olympic Games). Here is the link;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/judo/8855623.stm

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

London 2012 Olympics qualifying: Judo

How qualification works:

There are 14 judo medals available at London 2012, involving seven weight categories for both men and women. Each nation can qualify one athlete per event.

Qualifying in judo is based almost entirely on the world ranking list prepared by governing body the IJF on 1 May 2012.

For each men's event, the top 22 athletes in the rankings (abiding by the one-per-country rule) all directly qualify for the Olympics. For the women, that number is 14 athletes.

If a nation has more than one judo player - or judoka - in the top 22 or 14 depending on gender, that nation must select the judoka it wishes to qualify. The other(s) are excluded and the search goes on until 22 (or 14) different countries are represented.

Importantly and unusually among Olympic sports, each qualification place earned goes directly to the judoka, not the country. So a judoka earning a place at London 2012 keeps it - it cannot be assigned to another athlete by their governing body.

After this first phase of qualifying, the ranking list is again used to qualify the next-best athletes on a continental basis.

Each continent - divided up as Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Pan-America - gets its own continental ranking list of judoka who have yet to qualify.

This list is used to add 25 more entrants from Europe, 24 from Africa, 21 from Pan-America, 20 from Asia and 10 from Oceania.

However, in this phase, only one athlete per country can qualify across all weight categories and both genders.

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-20-2012 at 06:48 AM.