User Tag List

Page 161 of 291 FirstFirst ... 61 111 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,737 of 4943
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Lin Dan is saying that it is up to CBA to decide

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Talking about the upcoming London Olympics, Lin is not sure whether he will come.
    "I am working hard for the preparation and I hope that the coaches could, when drafting the final list for Olympic participants, write down my name without hesitation," he said.

Is the above some kind of a joke
    This is not a joke.

What Lin Dan is saying is he has no say in whether he would be selected or not (to participate in the Olympics).

It would be sad if Lin Dan is not selected (although this is highly unlikely).

One day, I hope that all higher ranked players (in the BWF World Ranking) who have qualified to participate can participate, regardless of what their National Associations say. This will allow players to become independent players (and not necessarily be part of their National Association set-up).

And Badminton players can participate like what Tennis players can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    This is not a joke.

What Lin Dan is saying is he has no say in whether he would be selected or not (to participate in the Olympics).

It would be sad if Lin Dan is not selected (although this is highly unlikely).

One day, I hope that all higher ranked players (in the BWF World Ranking) who have qualified to participate can participate, regardless of what their National Associations say. This will allow players to become independent players (and not necessarily be part of their National Association set-up).

And Badminton players can participate like what Tennis players can.
    I can say Lin Dan is clearly missing the whole point here or he is just deploying his psychological tactics to release the pressure from him. Whether he wants to play or not, China needs him as much as Malaysia needs Lee Chong Wei to win in London. Chen Long and Chen Jin are not reliable enough to play without the presence of Lin Dan.

For now, they are just footsoldiers or parts and parcels of the Chinese insurance package. Lin Dan is the main component/part of their London Olympic Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel_Near View Post
    Do you guys believe Lin Dan reached his peak a few years ago OR... that he is still at the top of his game now, and that LCW has ascended, evolved and become a player of equal brilliance and capabilities???
    I don't know about others but I do believe so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally chinese retires early. Just see chen hong and bcl and others. So, he is at its peak for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Normally chinese retires early. Just see chen hong and bcl and others. So, he is at its peak for sure.
    I dont understand ...why chinese players retire so early ? Lee Chong Wei IS a chinese-malaysian player...but he is playing as if he is on performance-enhanced drugs. Why cant Lin Dan do the same ? Chen Jin is battling some of his old injuries that prevented him from regaining his top form. Chen Long, needless to say he is there at the moment.

Unless those words being part of his psychological warfare against LCW, i think Lin Dan has internal problems that even Media failed to reveal. Wonder if anyone with Chinese literacy can share the details of his current undertakings..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is younger than Lee Chong Wei plus he is only 28 turning 29 this year.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is officially younger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine ! Even Lin Dan fails to win the Olympic Games and expresses his intention to not play anymore, I hope he carries on playing to win his fifth World Title in Guangzhou where XXF comes from. It will be a fitting farewell gift for himself and as well as China where he will placed himself as the first individual player ever to win the most World Championship titles in a single category. Park Joo Bong ones dont count since he played in two separate events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I dont understand ...why chinese players retire so early ? Lee Chong Wei IS a chinese-malaysian player...but he is playing as if he is on performance-enhanced drugs. Why cant Lin Dan do the same ? Chen Jin is battling some of his old injuries that prevented him from regaining his top form. Chen Long, needless to say he is there at the moment.

Unless those words being part of his psychological warfare against LCW, i think Lin Dan has internal problems that even Media failed to reveal. Wonder if anyone with Chinese literacy can share the details of his current undertakings..
    You think LCW is on PED's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine ! Even Lin Dan fails to win the Olympic Games and expresses his intention to not play anymore, I hope he carries on playing to win his fifth World Title in Guangzhou where XXF comes from. It will be a fitting farewell gift for himself and as well as China where he will placed himself as the first individual player ever to win the most World Championship titles in a single category. Park Joo Bong ones dont count since he played in two separate events.
    PJB played in two events but WC did not held annually
    LD win 4 times WC Champion and WC held annually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    PJB played in two events but WC did not held annually
    LD win 4 times WC Champion and WC held annually
    It doesn't matter, except for the 2006 edition, Lin Dan has won the other three WC every two years : 2007, 2009 and 2011. To say Lin Dan win more than one title just because the event was held annual is a bit unfair to Lin Dan's credibility as the true World Champion. He did face different opponents in all four finals and they were no pushovers plus Lin Dan never relied on footsoldiers to get the better of his opponents physically. Whether the event has been changed, it doesn't change the fact that Lin Dan won the titles fair and square and he is capable of winning one/two titles after the Olympic year to prove he is the best player with more titles in one category. Sounds silly but i feel Cai-Fu's victories doesn't really considered glorious compared to Lin Dan's achievements. Their only memorable achievement was the classic thriller match between them and Jung-Lee in 2009. The rest are not so spectacular. It's different in Lin Dan's case, he actually fought really hard to win them especially against Lee Chong Wei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan best ever achievement was winning his first All England in his debut final against the in-form Peter Gade in 2004. Taufik cannot even beat Peter Gade when he was at his peak in AE but Lin Dan could do it so he will be forever remembered being able to beat a player on fire like Gade to win the prestigious title. Even he said so himself, winning the All England and Thomas Cup for the first time was the best and unforgettable results he ever achieved apart from Beijing 2008. I guess he rated his achievements based on how hard he fought against his opponents in the final but not based on the competition prestige. The lop-sided game against Lee Chong Wei took away some glory from Lin Dan's victory because it was just too easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter, except for the 2006 edition, Lin Dan has won the other three WC every two years : 2007, 2009 and 2011. To say Lin Dan win more than one title just because the event was held annual is a bit unfair to Lin Dan's credibility as the true World Champion. He did face different opponents in all four finals and they were no pushovers plus Lin Dan never relied on footsoldiers to get the better of his opponents physically. Whether the event has been changed, it doesn't change the fact that Lin Dan won the titles fair and square and he is capable of winning one/two titles after the Olympic year to prove he is the best player with more titles in one category. Sounds silly but i feel Cai-Fu's victories doesn't really considered glorious compared to Lin Dan's achievements. Their only memorable achievement was the classic thriller match between them and Jung-Lee in 2009. The rest are not so spectacular. It's different in Lin Dan's case, he actually fought really hard to win them especially against Lee Chong Wei
    The only player who has foot soldiers or side wingers are the Chinese players.

It's just because china has a better average world class beaters.

The rest like Chong Wei, hidayat and gate to name a few do not have this 'privilege'.

There is nothing wrong being a coach or manager using the advantage of side winger

but on the other side it's not good for sports.

It depend on how one looks at it and which side you are standing.

As for me, I hate lee yong Bo as a spectator

but given the chance to be in his shoe,

I could be worse than him
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 02-12-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand ...why chinese players retire so early ? Lee Chong Wei IS a chinese-malaysian player...but he is playing as if he is on performance-enhanced drugs. Why cant Lin Dan do the same ? Chen Jin is battling some of his old injuries that prevented him from regaining his top form. Chen Long, needless to say he is there at the moment. Unless those words being part of his psychological warfare against LCW, i think Lin Dan has internal problems that even Media failed to reveal. Wonder if anyone with Chinese literacy can share the details of his current undertakings..
    Read more in this forum, you will find your answer. Great stuff has been contributed here so do a good search for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chinese guys got more girlfriends and faster than the rest. These are gigolos. See how many pretty chinese players are there? My knees would have buckled if I am one of the guys.. lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan best ever achievement was winning his first All England in his debut final against the in-form Peter Gade in 2004. Taufik cannot even beat Peter Gade when he was at his peak in AE but Lin Dan could do it so he will be forever remembered being able to beat a player on fire like Gade to win the prestigious title.
    i disagree
    all england had been labelled as ordinary tournament nowadays by lin dan fans
    so nothing so fancy about it
    hehe

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    The chinese guys got more girlfriends and faster than the rest. These are gigolos. See how many pretty chinese players are there? My knees would have buckled if I am one of the guys.. lol.
    maybe that's what missing in the MAS camp, some youthfullness. see how well WMC did when she was in love? then everything falls apart after the breakup.