User Tag List

Page 173 of 295 FirstFirst ... 73 123 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 2,925 to 2,941 of 5001
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, with today's match, LD never fail to deliver 1st point for his team in the TC final day. that's great i think. he did his job nicely.
    as for the other matches of TC, with LD as MS1 or not, anybody can give me info how many times he lost? i only know 1 when he lost to LCW in 2008 TC, in QF or SF. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Dan wonders about future

WUHAN, China, April 27 (Xinhua) -- "Super Dan" is wondering about his future as his closest rivals have announced they won't play next Thomas Cup.
    "It's the last Thomas Cup for my old friends Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat," said Lin Dan. "I can't help wondering about how many more Thomas Cups I will play."
    The 28-year-old Chinese defeated Lee Hyun Il 21-14, 21-17 in China's 3-0 thrashing of South Korea on Sunday afternoon, leading China to its fifth straight men's team championship and winning his own 16th world title.
    "I didn't sleep well last night," Lin said after Sunday's final.
    Lin's longtime rival Peter Gade of Denmark, 36, has announced his willingness to retire after London Olympics, while Indonesian Taufik Hidayat, 31, also claimed London Olympics will be his last Games.
    Lin, four-time world champion, five-time All England winner and the reigning Olympic champion, is hailed as "a perfect shuttler" by Lee Hyun Il.
    "I've been playing with Lin for almost a decade. He's always able to play sharp and quick kills," said Lee after losing his 13th encounter with Lin in their 16 meetings. "
    As for London Olympics, Lin mentioned his quarterfinal opponent, Liew Daren of Malaysia, as "dark horse".
    "The men's singles has become more competitive four years after the Beijing Olympics," said Lin. "I will keep fighting whoever stands across the net."

Lol what's there to wonder about..You are still 28 years old. Keep playing until China can rest easy with Chen Long cemented his position as your worthy successor.

And why did he mention Daren Liew as dark horse in the Olympics London, didn't he realise that Malaysia can only send one representative for MS and that's Lee Chong Wei.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This song from the 90s by the Japanese band WANDS was broadcast after Lin Dan's match with LHI in the Thomas Cup final. Lin Dan mentioned in the interview that he likes this song and got a tatoo with a similar meaning to the name of the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Lin Dan a Christian then? I noticed he crossed himself before the match with Lee Hyun-il.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to have a new cross tattoo on his left upper arm as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ala david beckham perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan...regardless of what happens in the Olympics, your next job is to win the fifth World title in Guangzhou and fifth Sudirman Cup in the row in Kuala Lumpur next year.

Match your title count with that Park Joo Bong. You shouldnt let a Korean top the World title table for too long!4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    This song from the 90s by the Japanese band WANDS was broadcast after Lin Dan's match with LHI in the Thomas Cup final. Lin Dan mentioned in the interview that he likes this song and got a tatoo with a similar meaning to the name of the song.
    It is the song from Japanese cartoon tv series "Slam Dunk", song name "until the time (end?) of the world", which is tattooed on LD's body.
    Last edited by Jonc108; 05-28-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Lin Dan...regardless of what happens in the Olympics, your next job is to win the fifth World title in Guangzhou and fifth Sudirman Cup in the row in Kuala Lumpur next year.Match your title count with that Park Joo Bong. You shouldnt let a Korean top the World title table for too long!4
    Even prof park cannot match super Dan 2 Olympic golds.Even before that, park has no Thomas cup medal. LOL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow! looks like the fans is more ambitious than lin dan himself bout the OG gold and another titles. haha. i think we should not lay the burden on him. hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he is into winning the next Thomas Cup edition in 2014...we should be jubilating about him staying until he is 30....come on he can still deliver in Asian Games Incheon and Two more world championships (one in China, one is Copenhagen)

He would be cautious about Asian Games in Incheon because that's an ideal place for Koreans to start cheating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing left for LCW before he retires?

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Lin Dan...regardless of what happens in the Olympics, your next job is to win the fifth World title in Guangzhou and fifth Sudirman Cup in the row in Kuala Lumpur next year.

Match your title count with that Park Joo Bong. You shouldnt let a Korean top the World title table for too long!4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lin dan have new weapon, i can say it is deception. i saw he done continuously during match againt daren liew. at first, he will jump high to tame the shuttle for smashing, but the point of contact during he execute the smash is a inch before he land his both leg. the shuttle flying have more control with the angle and accuracy instead of power. The shuttle will drop more toward in front of the player instead of side of player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    Nothing left for LCW before he retires?
    At this rate, Lee Chong Wei should just retire right after the Olympics or maybe wait a little longer to
    break Wong Peng Soon's Malaysia Open record. He is inviting more injuries to his body if he plays until WC 2013
    Olympics is possibly a no no for Lee Chong Wei. Whoever got drawn in his half is very lucky to benefit from his injury.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    lin dan have new weapon, i can say it is deception. i saw he done continuously during match againt daren liew. at first, he will jump high to tame the shuttle for smashing, but the point of contact during he execute the smash is a inch before he land his both leg. the shuttle flying have more control with the angle and accuracy instead of power. The shuttle will drop more toward in front of the player instead of side of player.
    Seems like a fast & steep drop shot, after that LD will rush to the net for the kill, is it correct ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Seems like a fast & steep drop shot, after that LD will rush to the net for the kill, is it correct ?
    yup, but it is deception. the opponent cant take that shuttle bcoz it land in front of him.