User Tag List

Page 174 of 295 FirstFirst ... 74 124 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 224 274 ... LastLast
Results 2,942 to 2,958 of 5001
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you believe Lin Dan says he wants to emulate Peter Gade and continue playing long after the London Olympics? as reported here http://www.badmintonlink.com/Read-Ne...ondon_Olympics

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Do you believe Lin Dan says he wants to emulate Peter Gade and continue playing long after the London Olympics? as reported here http://www.badmintonlink.com/Read-Ne...ondon_Olympics
    Probably wants to get away from that nagging ol' wife of his... "Do the dishes! Clean the drain! Take the dog to the vet! You can go eat at Macs tonight, dear; I've got my Thursday bridge party with the girls."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Probably wants to get away from that nagging ol' wife of his... "Do the dishes! Clean the drain! Take the dog to the vet! You can go eat at Macs tonight, dear; I've got my Thursday bridge party with the girls."
    Ol' as in older than him. LOL

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha.... Smart LD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be happy. CL will be mad. aha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe CL will overtake LD in 1 to 2 years time even LD is still in the team. Even if LD is the best ever MS player, he has to face the fact he is getting older and he will get distracted after having children. Life is not the same anymore for LD after having young children. But I have no doubt that he will remain in chinese top 3 for a few more years after London olympics. So, there is no surprise that he is still playing thomas cup in 2014.
    Last edited by jkkwongnz; 06-03-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If CL is on the same half as LCW at London olympics , I think he has at least 50% chance of beating LCW. If CL is the one in the final, don't be disappointed because it will be a true match between him and LD. LD really has to play as hard to beat CL. To me, CL is even more dangerous than LCW for LD as far as Olympics gold medal concern.
    Last edited by jkkwongnz; 06-03-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    If CL is on the same half as LCW at London olympics , I think he has at least 50% chance of beating LCW. If CL is the one in the final, don't be disappointed because it will be a true match between him and LD. LD really has to play as hard to beat CL. To me, CL is even more dangerous than LCW for LD as far as Olympics gold medal concern.
    before LCW's recent lost of form and injuries I gave CL 60-40 favour, and now I dont think LCW stand a chance at all.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I believe CL will overtake LD in 1 to 2 years time even LD is still in the team. Even if LD is the best ever MS player, he has to face the fact he is getting older and he will get distracted after having children. Life is not the same anymore for LD after having young children. But I have no doubt that he will remain in chinese top 3 for a few more years after London olympics. So, there is no surprise that he is still playing thomas cup in 2014.
    I give CL only a 50-50 chance of being around in the top 5, 2 years from now. At best, that is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AirStyles View Post
    I'll translate the videos ^_^

The first video is about Lin Dan's mentality and what he gained from military lifestyle (He live military life twice) He said because he been through military, he picked up his determinatioin/will for the game.
    LYB commented that LD and LCW are without question, the 2 outstanding players in today's badminton, tactically, they're even, technically both are exceptioinal, and their attitude toward training are definitely as healthy as the other. He went on and say with all those, LD's only advantage is "core elements"

which is, the training he's given is much more scientifically advance, effective. And he apply the things he learn much better/logical, as well as his sense of duty for the country

LD stated he's above LCW, because in his opinion, LCW is the greatest player today. And for others to say "LD can beat LCW just like last olympic" is not... realistic. Looking back, he still think the game could went either way. And that back then, he's was okay with whatever result that may turn out.

LYB continue to state that because LD have all those invaluable "championship winner" experience, he is able to use it against LCW, LCW was suffocating under his experience. It's very hard for LCW to break through that.

He restated that LCW and LD are equal both tactically and technically. However, because of the quality(more advance/scientific) of training LD has received, he's starting to pull it away in their twilight years, and as of late, it's been more and more obvious that LD's more "advance" training have played it's part.

LD went on and state that while he's competing with others, he continue to compete with himself, he'll ask himself whether he can his 16th title and surpass himself. Instead of comparing with other players, he prefer to compare/compete with himself, as he want the past 15 titles to hold it's value. (If he is to only care about beating LCW again, it'll feel like all his past 15 titles are worthless, so he think it's healthier to compete with himself, challenging himself.)

Video 2
    LD talk about growing up with badminton.
    "It's easy back when I was little" he says, "the joy of learning some new techniques or beating an opponent you normally can't beat, the joy that it brings you... It's something very obvious, something you can't help but notice"

But right now, where there's too many people caring about your failure and success, it's like... He's responsible for every fans out there. At times like this, he feel that he's more... affected, not in control, it'll feel harder. As it piles on, it's harder to find the simple happiness badminton brings him.

LYB
    He said that if it's 5 years ago, he would set task for LD, what he must do, what he must achieve, and that he must face every tournament and competition, but for today, he only ask LD to be logical about what he do, if LD have a decision of his own, (such as to skip tournament) he'd understand. Because afterall, he should no longer treat LD like a youngster, because LD is already a great player. However, there are people who "pick bones from egg" (Chinese metophor for "deliberately pose trouble for") Lin Dan, and that is something he can't prevent. (Basically he's stating that some people are demanding too much form LD, and it's out of his control. He might be refering to the media that criticizes LD for pulling out/skipping tournaments, or my suspicion... the higher ups are demanding more from LD) He said he understood LD, LD is a responsible man, and one with a mind of his own. (Basically saying LD is his own character)

LD
    He said that he wish one day, he can be like Li Na of Tennis, be a player that only plays for himself. However, he know that it's not that simple for him. He feels that, only playing for one self, can one truly enjoy the sport and the joy it brings. Otherwise you'd just be a pawn that's playing for your countries pride. He believe, a relax/in control player can perform the best. He feels that by having all those pressure of playing for something other than one self would cause one to walk slower and slower(metaphor)

Narrator
    having one's own Character, something that LD have. Is something that's very rare in "Country Organized" sport in China, many players have "wiped" their own character through their training and influence. LD is an exception. He always stay true to himself, even though sometimes this trait of his may bring him unwanted attention, such as the infamous Li Mao fight, and the several withdrawal from tournaments.

LD
    Even though there's a "basic rule" that badminton players are expected to follow, (such as join all SS tournaments or not pulling out as long as you're capable of playing) he feels that he shouldn't be oblige to follow them, because he want to live his life as a professional player, his way. (Such as, how long he's playing to play before retiring. Which mean, how he should pace himself. Or how many titles he's willing to get, and that he can retire when he feels that he's done.) He feels that, always playing by someone's rule/pace is not enjoyable. So these days, he plan his own things, communicate with his coaches, and if he is to retire, it'll be one that he's already planned and won't cause ripples.

Video 3
    Basically just him talking about how one should enjoy badminton without feeling pressure and have a burden of expectation. While many believe he can win London OG, he believe that true LD fans... True fans of BADMINTON who UNDERSTANDS the sport, wouldn't think that way.

Then he talks about after playing for so many years, the game have cease to be exciting. And that he no longer talk with his family and friends about badminton, the only exception will be his coaches... because.

Guys... this is a sad statement, prepare yourself.
    "Badminton is not fun"... It's no longer fun. And he wish to find something enjoyable out of it.
    He interrupts himself saying the fact that it's not fun won't affect his game, because for him, badminton is no longer number 1 for him. Family first.
    2012 OG, will be another great challenge to LD, adn quite possibly his last OG, however, for LD, it's just him picking up his racket, and stand in court, playing another tournament. It's just that. There's no joy, no excitement, just racket, court and work.(Sad really...)
    He feels that his family have sacrifice a lot for this OG, however, it's no longer a sacrifice that seem worth it, because it's not exactly something important to him anymore.
    LD said, "He is tired". Whether he did well in OG or not, don't matter, he's just tired.
    In conclusion, he just want to be a normal person.

DONE!
    My thoughts.
    1st. LD is trying to promote "Professional" badminton players. Like Tennis
    2nd. LD state that playing for a country is tiring.

I'm very sad to see that our champion no longer enjoy the sport as much as he did. And I really feel like a jerk for criticizing him for withdrawing from tournaments in the past. I hope LD can enjoy badminton again, and be true to himself always.
    I don't do this because it's stupid... but for this instance.
    *Salute to the great champion*

EDIT: Nice BGM (background music) toward the end of the 3rd video.
    Melodies of Life (Final Fantasy IX), I wonder if they got the permission to use it...
    Thanks a million Air. I say that fans will equally missed LD and LCW when both hang up their rackets for good. Probably even more than other past badminton greats!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give CL only a 50-50 chance of being around in the top 5, 2 years from now. At best, that is...
    Why? Care to explain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Why? Care to explain?
    I think he's too tall, may hunch just like bao cl hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad case isn't it? at this days and age we still have tyrants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD's parents or parents-in-law can take care of his child or they can hire babysitter as they can definitely afford to hire one. Many NBA star and soccer star have kids.
    I believe LD can play till 2016 if WZM and other new guys can not beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD will play Thomas cup 2014, it's a china trend just like zhao JH play 3rd singles solid as titanium post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TC 2014 is still so far far away. none of us can predict what would happen in the future i think?
    but i think LD has 3 major 'business' to work out this year.
    1. make sure TC would still stayed in china --> already done with 100 score.
    2. 2 OG gold medals, or at least 2 OG medals i think?
    3. his wedding party with XXF.
    let's see how he handle the 2 last things. wish him the best.

peace

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    sad case isn't it? at this days and age we still have tyrants.
    Actually, its sad that we have sheep. And tyrants are myopic.