User Tag List

Page 177 of 294 FirstFirst ... 77 127 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 2,993 to 3,009 of 4995
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Errr, I don't want to pick a fight about this; but it doesn't provide a very nice reflection on how other players approach thier own game and aspirations. It may also give people the impression that Sony actually planned it this way. In fact, Sony is on the comeback trail and needs to plan his itinerary carefully, and the results of his application are showing. It would be really very unfair to him to project a view that he planned to take advantage of LD's "magnanimity" or the scraps he throws the way of other players.
    In the first place, LD is definitely not the guy to be beaten. Whoever face him i am sure would be telling himself, try to steal one set from him Sony did well and he deserves it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, agree with cobalt. Sony deserves the credit.

but hey, what's LD chance in Olympic if he can't even win TO? i hope he has another good plan. hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't worry. He lost to LCW in Thomas cup 2008 before Olympic. LYB even warned him that he may not go to Olympic if he perfomed like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW: Does anybody know what the tatoos on LDs arm mean?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    BTW: Does anybody know what the tatoos on LDs arm mean?
    they are in english!

"F.F." and "until the end of time"

F.F. is the name he call his wife

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I didn't know that! On youtube.com you can find an interview about his tattoos. Unfortunately it seems as if he doesn't want to show it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get me wrong. I respect Sony very much. He is one of the players that could stand a chance to beat LCW apart from LD. My point here is L D is quite vulnerable after winning a big tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Errr, I don't want to pick a fight about this; but it doesn't provide a very nice reflection on how other players approach thier own game and aspirations.

It may also give people the impression that Sony actually planned it this way. In fact, Sony is on the comeback trail and needs to plan his itinerary carefully, and the results of his application are showing. It would be really very unfair to him to project a view that he planned to take advantage of LD's "magnanimity" or the scraps he throws the way of other players.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway,it's all a matter of opinion. That Thai Open 2012 Semi-Final was,to me,one of the most forgettable matches Lin Dan ever played. We've watched him play many times and can more or less discern when he was playing as Super Dan or Superficial Dan, if you know what I mean. Still Sony did well to beat him,other lesser players might have failed to capitalize on it. Anyhow,whoever beat Lin Dan under whatever circumstances derived a sense of inner satisfaction and that speaks volumes of the greatness of Lin Dan. The win actually buoyed Sony to continue his comeback trail which unexpectedly ended at Du PY's hands in the INA Open 2012 QF,but he'll be back.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I respect Sony very much. He is one of the players that could stand a chance to beat LCW apart from LD. My point here is L D is quite vulnerable after winning a big tournament.
    Point taken. Just wanted to make sure no one got the wrong impression...

Sony is making his way back with multiple disadvantages. He's been through a pretty rough passage on a personal level; his form took a huge beating in the past 2 years; he's not been playing that much until very recently. He's been making his way up the rankings and he's done a good job so far. And then, he's not growing any younger! The loss to DPY was not too shocking if you consider the amount of badminton he (Sony) has played recently while still discovering form and consistency (he had to play the qualifying rounds as well!) while DPY was prepared, fit, and is no pushover. My 2c.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, i think INA team should have posted sony in their TC team last month. with that kind of performance he had, i think he is much better than hayom, and probably cpuld take INA TC team further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lin Dan together with Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng in China Olympic badminton them song

They look cool with that Olympic jersey!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to enjoy it until LYB showed up. And then the nail in the coffin... Li Gen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did Li Gen make an appearance in that video.. gosh.. he's such a lucky boy to have LYB as his dad.. he was given so much attention without having achieve anything yet.. there's so many better players than him in the CHN team, but the attention and priority of him is over loaded..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    how did Li Gen make an appearance in that video.. gosh.. he's such a lucky boy to have LYB as his dad.. he was given so much attention without having achieve anything yet.. there's so many better players than him in the CHN team, but the attention and priority of him is over loaded..
    and if LYB doesn't take action on it, this thing might lead chinese badminton to the wrong direction.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post

They look cool with that Olympic jersey!
    Before the start of the video, after the title ,loosely translated as Soar Courageously, appeared , three names are shown as the singers , namely Li Gen, Li Yongbo,and Pang Long (not sure who he is,probably a singer). It doesn't seem to be solely a badminton theme song as some divers and gymnasts were also featured though prominence was given to Lin Dan. It is well-known that one of LYB's favourite pastimes is Karaoke singing,not surprisingly he roped in his son.

The title of that video clip "China Badminton Olympic 2012 Theme Song(featuring Lin Dan,Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng)" wasn't stated in Chinese in the video itself,the main producer was Li-Ning Sports company,and it was uploaded onto youtube by Miqilin7. In short,the video isn't about Li Yongbo and Li Gen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    btw, i think INA team should have posted sony in their TC team last month. with that kind of performance he had, i think he is much better than hayom, and probably cpuld take INA TC team further.
    We as INA fan could only hope that SDK could maintain his consistency & slowly climb up the World's MS hierarchy... Who knows SDK might be our hero at 2013SC, it is just around the corner...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    We as INA fan could only hope that SDK could maintain his consistency & slowly climb up the World's MS hierarchy... Who knows SDK might be our hero at 2013SC, it is just around the corner...
    China probably thrashed the WS , WD and even try to beat Tantowi/Natsir before you even have a chance to play the MS match