User Tag List

Page 191 of 291 FirstFirst ... 91 141 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,247 of 4943
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

Attachment 125505
    This is getting a bit out of hand. Just in case some people have the wrong idea or ulterior motive, I wish to state categorically that all those words mentioned earlier has nothing to do with Lin Dan, including the red wording with two tick marks which refer to twenty men and women narrating their true experiences and something about an effective sexuality treatment.

What the cover says which refers to Lin Dan are those wording to the left of Lin Dan's left lower arm where the yellow arrow points to which says: Lin Dan,the new Mr Olympic, plus a certain Mr Chen Yibin,the dream beyond power, plus Nadal,presumably Rafael Nadal,how to continue attaining victory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Ahem, the four characters next to Lin Dan's right shoulder, namely "真实高潮�, which in English means genuine/true "真实� and climax(orgasm, implied meaning)"高潮�.Don't you think it's high time you learn some Chinese? You know, Jim Rogers,who has relocated to Singapore with his family,an American investment guru and co-founder of the Quantum Fund with George Soros, has on a few public occasions said the best advice he can give any parent is to teach his/her children and grandchildren Chinese.�Probably the best advice I can give to anyone, anywhere in the world, is to have your children and grandchildren learn Mandarin. For their generation, Mandarin and English will be the most important languages in the world,� Jim Rogers in his book �A Gift to My Children: A Father�s Lessons for Life and Investing�.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfpAAIjEekhttp://l2chinese.wordpress.com/2010/...rning-chinese/http://www.exploreasianow.com/my-int...ning-mandarin/
    It s hard to tell. In the next generation, many mainland Chinese would probably be conversant in English ( or the ones who do business) so by then you can still trade with CHN using English without Chinese ( like in Singapore). The regions where English may be less appreciated would be the (former) Spanish and French colonies of Africa and Latin America. For the amount of effort put in to learn Chinese versus the outcome, Singapore is not the smart way. I would go for three languages even it means being deficient in Chinese. Where additional languages are concerned, I would recommend choosing based on mutual exclusivity factor or whatever the child takes to more easily. Jim Rogers has planned and lived such a fantastic life for himself that he became a parent when old enough to be his children s grandpa. He wisely wrote the book for his girls because he may not be around to see them get married. There are always trade offs in any major decisions. In the meantime, I don t think any dental surgeon in Singapore will want to do his teeth unless they have set aside additional time and money for possible lawsuits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw gonna be jealous with ld's bigger built muscles. kekeke..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool LD's additional flair

A trick shot by using the forehand stroke (underarm) to play the backhand. This video obviously shows that LD had praticed these stroke till perfection as he could execute both to the baseline and also crosscourt drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys1YNmn6FMU&feature=g-vrec

T
    hese stroke utilizes much wrist power. Not for the weak wrist. Also he would have to position himself so that the shuttle falls just before his waistline before the flick of the forehand. Right after or rather, just before the finishes the stroke, LD immediately turns to face the front again.

This tactic is only useful when the shuttle has gone past way your head and you are in no position to take an overhead shot, backhand or forehand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fanatic Fans

Name:  lin dan.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  25.6 KBThe ever increasing 'unquenchable' demands of fans for their idols to cater to their whims to play in a 'godlike', 'error-free', 'supremely fantastic' and last but not least, 'robot-like consistency' is just not REALISTIC and, does takes a toll on players, not only LCW, but unfortunately even Lin Dan himself.

I say this because, we all admire the way LD dispose of LCW at the previous Olympics, and since then many may add, that of late, LD has not been playing that way now. This is because LD is Human too. You can't expect him to play that way all the time. Firstly, is due to BURNING OUT. Secondly is, fear of injury. I would say that the fact LD chose not to be consistently ranked no.1 by not playing so many tournaments has helped in a big way, coupled and helped by the demands of LYB to help his other team mates (now now, I know many will want to argue here but that is not the topic here). What more when LD has added that badminton is not the most important thing is his life now, he has a family and a wife. Now I have always said this, a balance sports figure (both in family and sports) brings a lot to the table to offer, than one who is just sports sports sports. When we are young and budding, probably that is the way. But towards the end of the rainbow, you need other things. Maybe that is what is lacking for LCW, besides the quality of training that LD has in China, the infrastructure of badminton.

Even with less fire and smashing urgency now, LD is able to defeat LCW. And at the end of the day, it is not the huge gap of the points that matters, it is clinching of the title (remember the 2011 World Championship title). While I understand many fans of either badminton idol (including me) want to see them defeat each other with a huge point margin, it is very taxing indeed on the human body. Only if tournaments are organized like previous China Closed to just 4 Stars of badminton, then maybe they can concentrate like I mentioned, but in reality, players have to go through rounds and rounds of playing time before the final. It is just not as easy as we, sitting on the sofa or at the stadium with our popcorn watching!

Even back then, during 2004 - 2008 when LD's explosiveness, smashing urgency that commensurates with LD's personality and aura of invincibility, LD had to let go of game 2 after winning game 1 against LCW, take a breather, then recuperate and fire away again.

I fear, after the Olympics, even to the delight of fans should both of them continue to stay for a while, the quality of badminton will drop, as compared to 2004 till 2010.

The way LD plays, he can't be jumping around like a kangaroo all the time. Master Tang told him.
    Last edited by Pakito; 07-15-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SuperHero Lin Dan

I can't help but have a hunch this Olympics may be the last time Lin Dan is willing or motivated enough to push himself to give of his best. After that,win or lose,he would mentally switch his attention to other things,family undeniably, for a more balanced life and only occasionally we'll get to see his brilliancy and fireworks.

While the hunger,drive,motivation to win,win,win, may no longer be there, I'm content to have him continue playing for a couple more years and triumphant in the occasional major titles. This offers players like Lee CW,Chen Long ,and one or two others to take up the slack, so to speak.

Technically, it also has to do with his explosive attacking style of play that is physically demanding and taking its toll over the years as age catches up. As a number of you have noticed,his sudden injection of pace, aggressive attacking shots, lethal leaping smashes are getting fewer and far between;instead we often witness him going for longer rallies,placement shots,fanciful trick shots and biding his time to unleash a counter-attack rather than initiating the attack, almost a la Lee Hyun Il but a superior version.

How I wish somebody or something would arise as a solution to Lin Dan's "problem". For him to say he wishes to emulate the Evergreen Peter Gade's longevity remains a lip service,mere empty talk or boast. You really have to put yourself in his shoes to fully understand what he's going through at this stage in his life;however,empathy isn't such an easy thing to do.

Meanwhile we can only hope and wish him all the best.

Lin Dan The Greatest of All Time, I salute you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will carry on playing if it's concerning China's pride. He will step up and perform.

Sudirman Cup 2013 and Thomas Cup 2014 are the last events you see Lin Dan in a team event. Do not miss it.

I doubt Lin Dan will win this Olympic, but if he does, I will call him a God because his record can never ever be surpassed by any human being holding a badminton racket.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    He will carry on playing if it's concerning China's pride. He will step up and perform.

Sudirman Cup 2013 and Thomas Cup 2014 are the last events you see Lin Dan in a team event. Do not miss it.

I doubt Lin Dan will win this Olympic, but if he does, I will call him a God because his record can never ever be surpassed by any human being holding a badminton racket.
    Mate,advisable to use small letter (lowercase) "g". ie. god - out of consideration for believers,religionists,and non-believers,atheists. Besides,it is just unacceptable to call a human God, even metaphorically.

Yes,if Lin Dan continues playing well after the Olympics and win the two events you mentioned,including the 2013 World Championship, I'd be gratified.
    Last edited by Justin L; 07-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate,advisable to use small letter (lowercase) "g". ie. god - out of consideration for believers,religionists,and non-believers,atheists. Besides,it is just unacceptable to call a human God, even metaphorically.

Yes,if Lin Dan continues playing well after the Olympics and win the two events you mentioned,including the 2013 World Championship, I'd be gratified.
    He did say he wanted to help China win the sixth in two years time. You have the chance to defeat Indonesia by winning it six in a row. Why go for the kill ?

China is invincible with Lin Dan, Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng. Undefeated for 10 years. As for Lin Dan, he has never lost in 5 Thomas Cup final matches now. Nobody else can stay undefeated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfm8CxrWyCc

what a TRUE Champion.... so touching, yet so legendary.
    His great lost in 2004, transformed him like a phoenix resurrected from the ashes.
    what a TRUE Olympian....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agile_Monkey View Post

His great lost in 2004, transformed him like a phoenix resurrected from the ashes.
    what a TRUE Olympian....
    That loss was actually the most unexpected not because Ronald Susilo was the better player; in fact everything just went wrong with Lin Dan's game. Nothing seems follow his order. His reaction and attacks were not helping either. Had he won that match, i will say he would have reach the semifinal at least and end up with a medal of any colour (i wont say gold because he was only 20 that time)

However, if he never lost that match, will he be the same as of today ?

Taufik won the OG and WC but later he turned into a crappy player with no good results for the next 7 years. That's the huge difference.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agile_Monkey View Post

what a TRUE Olympian....
    Indeed,the Athens 2004 loss was a life-transforming experience for him, and he persevered,fought,strove and waited four years to redeem himself,in the process becoming the Lin Dan we know and love today.

Straight from the horse's mouth:"I care less about winning and losing now.It's more about perseverance.I try not to let expectations affect me.What's important to me now is my family and my mom".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have watched the clip, pretty touchy one. hehe. i never think his childhood is like that. this year OG, his mom will be there support him. i hope he can show his best game to his mom.

btw, where is his dad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In the true spirit of badminton exhibition

Watch how LD change court with Bao Chun Lai, while the game is going ON! at 16.44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4th5FO9q1Js&feature=g-vrec

N
    otice the use of forehand serves as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Watch how LD change court with Bao Chun Lai, while the game is going ON! at 16.44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4th5FO9q1Js&feature=g-vrec

N
    otice the use of forehand serves as well.
    A staged,choreographed exhibition match that almost turn comical,what with the umpire's participation with his witty,teasing remarks, peculiar score-keeping and other diversions - to think the small starry-eyed crowd of spectators actually lapping it all up innocently.

The two highlights of the skit are 1) the two players changing court sides towards the end, and 2) the final winning point is decided by the two players throwing away their respective racquets for the flattened shuttlecock tubes as "racquets" - as hilarious as any badminton exhibition match can get, very good fun indeed.

In the same spirit but on a different note,let me offer something else to loosen everybody up more with the London Olympics just days away - let the games roll. Watch this racy pre-start warmup routine by Australia's Michelle Jenneke at the Junior World Championships in Barcelona 2012(she has become a viral video sensation) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tMgmYutL9W0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A staged,choreographed exhibition match that almost turn comical,what with the umpire's participation with his witty,teasing remarks, peculiar score-keeping and other diversions - to think the small starry-eyed crowd of spectators actually lapping it all up innocently.

The two highlights of the skit are 1) the two players changing court sides towards the end, and 2) the final winning point is decided by the two players throwing away their respective racquets for the flattened shuttlecock tubes as "racquets" - as hilarious as any badminton exhibition match can get, very good fun indeed.

In the same spirit but on a different note,let me offer something else to loosen everybody up more with the London Olympics just days away - let the games roll. Watch this racy pre-start warmup routine by Australia's Michelle Jenneke at the Junior World Championships in Barcelona 2012(she has become a viral video sensation) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tMgmYutL9W0
    LOL,good one. I am sure that would make BCers loose in more parts than they think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22 July 2012 | last updated at 01:47AM
    BADMINTON: The best ever

By K.M. BOOPATHY | boopathy@nst.com.my 0 comments

SIMPLY THE GREATEST: Lin Dan will earn that accolade if he triumphs again in London

LIN Dan will rightfully earn the tag as the best men's singles player ever if he triumphs again in the Olympics as no player has won the accolade twice and national singles chief coach Rashid Sidek believes this will put tremendous pressure on the China ace in the
    London Games.

The records show the men's singles as the toughest badminton event in the Olympics as no player has even reached the semi-final stage twice and it will be a feat if Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei do set up a final showdown again on Aug 5.

Rashid, in a telephone interview from the University of Bath, said the statistics are very encouraging for Chong Wei as he will have a chance to upstage Lin Dan if he can go all the way to the final.

According to Rashid, Lin Dan's extraordinary skills and mental strength make him a player
    capable of winning a second Olympic gold and etch his name in history as the greatest.

"Men's singles is the toughest event in the Olympics. The records show how difficult it is to win a medal and winning a second gold will be the greatest achievement. Lin Dan has what it takes to do it but the pressure on him will be tremendous," said Rashid.

"He has been showing his intent to win it twice and if China want gold in the men's singles, he is the person who will do it. Chen Long is inexperienced while Chen Jin is not playing well.

"Due to these factors, it will be a test of character for Lin Dan. It depends on how much he wants a second gold and whether he is capable of handling the pressure.

"This is the reason why is it not impossible for Chong Wei to overcome him. If Chong Wei can beat either Chen Jin or Chen Long in the semis, it will be a good opportunity."
    Rashid added that Chong Wei is not too concerned about the final at the moment as he is focused on quality training and being well prepared for a shot at a medal.

"Chong Wei is not thinking about any milestones but on quality training to be as well prepared as possible for the Olympics. The draw will be held on Monday (tomorrow) when we will know who his potential opponents are and we will make some changes in training," added Rashid.

"The bigger concern is the knockout stage where he needs to be well prepared. It will be slightly easier if he meets Chen Jin in the semis but he will be ready for Chen Long as well."

Lin Dan's record in major events since 2007 is exceptional as he has won all but the 2010 World Championships where he lost in the quarter-finals.

Besides the 2008 Olympic gold, Lin Dan captured the 2007, 2009 and 2011 world crowns and the 2010 Asian Games gold.

But even the best have succumbed to pressure in the Olympics and this must motivate Chong Wei.