User Tag List

Page 204 of 303 FirstFirst ... 104 154 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,452 to 3,468 of 5146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    I watched a show recently on TV. Its about China's gold medalist celebration event organised by Hong Kong, in Hong Kong where badminton, table tennis, diving gold medalist from china gave some exhibition show. I missed the badminton part, only saw the diving team performing but I heard its quite entertaining where they Yippy also join to play with a Hong Kong actor. But I saw the part where LD playing table tennis with Zhang Jike. The way LD play is quite cute as you can see he's trying very hard to control his strength while Zhang Jike was playing with a lining racket given to him by LD's team mates... LD won the match 7-2. The match was interesting as both were doing stuns n dummy to entertain the crowd. At the end all gold medalist went out to the stadium to perform. Badminton team sang a song with Sally Yeh and played a 2points match outdoor.. LD/ZYL vs Sally/FHF/CY, 2v3.. How cute!
    I cant find the video anywhere, if anybody has that, pls share it here.. Thanks!
    Unfortunately,this part wasn't shown in the video clip,still thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was when all the gold medalist went out to the outdoor stadium where some of them sang a song with hong kong singers...
    Gold medalist were introduced when they came out to the stadium, only when its LD's turn to come out, the crowd screams.. He is really famous in hong kong... Sally Yeh was also pulling him around the stage when she was singing... hehehehe

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been announced,Lin Dan-Xie Xingfang's wedding is on 23rd Sep'12.

No wonder he's not playing in JAP Open(held on 18th to 23rd) in addition to CHN Masters. Followed by honeymoon? If so, will he be giving the DEN Open and French Open a miss too?

Wish the blessed couple a blissful marriage and lifelong happiness!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Lin dan no more playing , after marriage, he give up .. liao... I feel very sad.. after Lin dan retire.. then china no longer can match Lee Chong Wei,, Chen Long inconsistent ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default China Badminton Super League

Here is a recent vid of LD vs Xue Song, a very young player who has good footwork indeed, jumping around like a kangaroo.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Here is a recent vid of LD vs Xue Song, a very young player who has good footwork indeed, jumping around like a kangaroo.
    Yes,I've watched it too at badmintonlink (got to switch to youtube as the stupid banner wouldn't close). Xue Song looked a promising lad though Lin Dan was a bit jaded from too many media activities. Hope RedShuttle can provide some info about him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Yes,I've watched it too at badmintonlink (got to switch to youtube as the stupid banner wouldn't close). Xue Song looked a promising lad though Lin Dan was a bit jaded from too many media activities. Hope RedShuttle can provide some info about him.
    I think if Darren Liew were to play to his true potential he would be something like Xue Song. Xue Song's play takes the risk and initiative to create openings. I think all Malaysian backup players will lose to Xue Song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    where is the video ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    where is the video ?
    I watched it here,linked from badmintonlink actually.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAKZn...layer_embedded

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, sorry I forgotten to include the link. It's the link Justin provided.

Though LD is evidently facing burnout from the Olympics, Xue Song nevertheless displays good and sound tactics coupled with a pair of fast legs to give LD spectacular show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin dan vs WZMhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYE5cgxYFDg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan says after the wedding on 23rd Sep, he will go for a 10 over days honeymoon overseas,destination unspecified as yet, bringing along his parents(!) - what a filial son and daughter-in-law !

Looks like Lin Dan is taking a few months break from badminton as he himself has said as much, most probably we won't see him competing in Oct as well, he himself didn't indicate when he's resuming competition. Will he play in the Superseries Final considering he's ranked no.9 currently in the OSIM SS Ranking list with only the top 8 qualified?

As reported, Bao Chunlai,Chen Jin and Ren Quan (actor) are the best men while Li Xuerui, Wang Yihan and an unknown female friend of XXF's are the bridesmaids, which explains why CJ,LXR and WYH are out of the JPN Open, but Chen Long is in as he somehow wasn't invited to be one of the best men - maybe CL is needed to compete with LCW.

Taufik apologised in advance for not being able to attend LD's wedding as he has other engagements in Japan following the tournament for which he's requested Bao CL to convey his best wishes to the couple. Lee CW confirmed his attendance saying he would rush over immediately after the JPN Open. Peter Gade hasn't spoken yet.

It should be very interesting to watch how LD will cope when he comes back after a long break (for a top athlete) on top of his anticipated waning motivation -what else is there to play for? The next Olympics, a quadrennial event, is too far off to seriously talk about it now so soon after the London Olympics, too many things can happen along the way.

During this period of Lin Dan's absence, I believe LCW is poised to regain his no.1 spot in the world ranking unless Chen Long or someone else can surprise and prove otherwise which I confidently doubt so. In the ongoing China Badminton Super League, LCW showed superb form disposing of all his opponents in summary fashion in the four rounds played so far whereas LD was pushed hard by promising youngster Xue Song in two fighting sets and stretched to three by Wang Zengming for the first time;even more surprising was Taufik's loss at the hands of another youngster Dong Shuai in three sets.

As an aside,even LXR, who together with Lin Dan has to attend many media events and celebrations resulting in their jadedness and lack of practice, was unexpectedly beaten by ex-World Champion but out of the CHN National Team,Lu Lan, in three sets in the last of which LXR was leading until 19-all before losing it despite Lu Lan being troubled around the mid-game interval by a back muscle pull.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a true friend lin dan and lee chong wei is.

Hope when next year LCW gets married, lin dan and xxf will also come as well

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Friends: Now is it Lin Dan retired from china team badminton already ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Well,he's asked this question many times and each time he answered no. One thing for sure,he is taking a long break - marriage, honeymoon, etc - and he didn't say when he is resuming training and competitive badminton.

To me, I'm quite certain he is at least in semi-retirement mood and mode and with declining motivation, I daresay he won't be the same again for better or for worse (more likely the latter). I'd be more than happy if he doesn't give too many tournaments a miss and wins the occasional title; the only exception will be team championships where he will be more serious and committed as part of doing national duty where he cannot afford to let his country down.

As far as I know, I think he is the only person who dares to tell his association and coaches to specially structure a training program suitable for him with clear goals set otherwise badminton will be a burden to him, imagine that, and get away with it! Actually I'm saying this not to criticise him - he is fully entitled to and well-deserved the long break for all that he has done and achieved. Just that as an ardent fan of his I can't help but wish that at age 29 he has a few more good years to go and continue delighting us with his wonderful badminton; hopefully he doesn't suddenly decide to retire soon.

That said, if he were already past 30 by a couple of years, I would have thought it a great idea to retire now while he is still at the top. Whatever it is, I have to admit he can afford the luxury of slowing down and taking things easy for all that he's already attained to be hailed indisputably and unarguably as the Greatest of All Time.

As it is his record is impossible to break for at least the next 10 to 12 years, not so much for the double Olympic golds but more so for the 5 successive biennial Thomas Cup victories which alone requires a decade to equal. Moreover, completing the Grand Slam by gaining all the major titles itself constitutes, safe to say, an unassailable record for a long time to come. What more can I say.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Well,he's asked this question many times and each time he answered no. One thing for sure,he is taking a long break - marriage, honeymoon, etc - and he didn't say when he is resuming training and competitive badminton.

To me, I'm quite certain he is at least in semi-retirement mood and mode and with declining motivation, I daresay he won't be the same again for better or for worse (more likely the latter). I'd be more than happy if he doesn't give too many tournaments a miss and wins the occasional title; the only exception will be team championships where he will be more serious and committed as part of doing national duty where he cannot afford to let his country down.

As far as I know, I think he is the only person who dares to tell his association and coaches to specially structure a training program suitable for him with clear goals set otherwise badminton will be a burden to him, imagine that, and get away with it! Actually I'm saying this not to criticise him - he is fully entitled to and well-deserved the long break for all that he has done and achieved. Just that as an ardent fan of his I can't help but wish that at age 29 he has a few more good years to go and continue delighting us with his wonderful badminton; hopefully he doesn't suddenly decide to retire soon.

That said, if he were already past 30 by a couple of years, I would have thought it a great idea to retire now while he is still at the top. Whatever it is, I have to admit he can afford the luxury of slowing down and taking things easy for all that he's already attained to be hailed indisputably and unarguably as the Greatest of All Time.

As it is his record is impossible to break for at least the next 10 to 12 years, not so much for the double Olympic golds but more so for the 5 successive biennial Thomas Cup victories which alone requires a decade to equal. Moreover, completing the Grand Slam by gaining all the major titles itself constitutes, safe to say, an unassailable record for a long time to come. What more can I say.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang's Big Day, their wedding!

My heartiest congratulations and best wishes for this wonderful couple. May they enjoy marital bliss and be blessed with everlasting happiness.