User Tag List

Page 207 of 291 FirstFirst ... 107 157 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 257 ... LastLast
Results 3,503 to 3,519 of 4938
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not small change Lin Dan has to pay, say 4 PSS would mean USD20,000. Already two this year,namely this month's DEN Open and next month's CHN Open. What about the year-end Superseries Finals? Then next year, he will miss one or two depending on when he's coming back.

Maybe CBA or some sponsor is willing to pay the fines for him on certain conditions agreed upon. I'm thinking along the lines like they strike a deal with him, say he goes on half-year leave, then comes back and plays in certain events over a certain period including taking part in some badminton-related promotional activities. Let's keep a look-out for the relevant news in the Chinese media.

Perhaps a temporary 'retirement' might be a better option. Saves the money,loses all the ranking points,starts from zero when he comes back. It will be very interesting and exciting to see him play in the qualifying rounds and meet any of the top 10 players in R1 with the possibility of it being Lee CW !

I suppose Lin Dan would rather pay the fines himself than be constrained by any agreement or contract.
    Last edited by Justin L; 10-27-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he must re-start everything from zero, it would be interesting to see how long time he need to back to the top 10. and it will interesting too to see who is China no.1 MS for 2014 TUC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    It's confirmed, I read from a Chinese sports page that mentioned Lin Dan is on six-month leave after the Olympics. I suppose the earliest we can see him back in action might be March next year.
    wow thats a long break..i hope lin dan doesnt gets fatter when he comes back to play badminton..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan said he would show up in Peter Gade's last match. Anyone knows when and where that's going to take place?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    Lin Dan said he would show up in Peter Gade's last match. Anyone knows when and where that's going to take place?
    read somewhere that will be the Copenhagen Masters 2012 at the end of the year.
    just hope that Lin Dan not going there to spoil the party.
    peter want to end his playing as a winner!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    read somewhere that will be the Copenhagen Masters 2012 at the end of the year.
    just hope that Lin Dan not going there to spoil the party.
    peter want to end his playing as a winner!
    then why would have Peter not invited him? I thought they were going to have a separate match for fun...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sad heard Lin Dan not going play competitively already!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiyah ... just let Lin Dan go and produce Lin Dan JR ... Sheeeshhh ... can't a man have some "FUN" ????????? Take as long as you like, there is MORE TO LIFE THAN BADMINTON !!

A "good romp in the sack" with XFF can be as tiring as a rubber-game with LCW, BUT should be 10X BETTER and MORE FUN and PLEASURABLE ... !!
    Last edited by maxout; 10-28-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think once Lin dan retired follow by Fu haifeng.

China badminton will not be as strong , Chen Long is not consistent in his play.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton has come a long way, today's standard is so high I cannot imagine any player taking such a long break whether voluntarily or forced by injury and expect to come back and resume where he or she left off without struggling for some months at first.

Anyway,to put it bluntly, Lin Dan has achieved so much,a lot more than any other player in history, that he can literally afford to give a few titles away if possible. Still, for me at least,it will be painful to watch him being humbled by lesser players he used to thump before. On the other hand, for a genius like him, we are more likely to see Lin Dan back to his quintessential best in double quick time.

If Lee Hyun Il who called Lin Dan the perfect shuttler can do it , why not Super Dan, the greatest ever. I shall be optimistic and look forward to his glorious return.

Before I forget, Lin Dan says he will resume training in Feb so my guess is correct that he should play his first comeback tournament in Mar next year. For this coming Dec he will be playing Peter Gade for the latter's farewell match, then we'll see what shape he's in;no prediction from me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan's wish for half-year retirement not granted BWF: Sorry,brother, no exception made

http://sports.qq.com/a/20121030/000579.htm
    (probably Jonc108 is referring to this article) The gist of it in my own words:

A few days ago,the Head of Table-Tennis Badminton Centre, Liu Fengyan,revealed that after the London Olympics,Lin Dan raised to CBA his desire to take half-year leave on the grounds of preparing for his wedding and to rejuvenate his health. The idea was to submit an application for 'temporary retirement'.However, it was turned down by BWF who said no such exception would be made.

According to BWF regulations, as long as a player ranked in the top 8 is able to walk, suffering injury or not, appearance at the tournament venue for the Premier Superseries is compulsory if only to take part in promotional activities;otherwise the USD5,000 penalty applies. BWF expressed that Lin Dan's extraordinary situation will not receive special treatment, the fine still has to be paid because BWF rules and regulations do not cover 'temporary retirement'.

[ I suspect, for Wang Xin's case, CBA may pay the fine for her as it was due to injury just as they are footing her medical bills, but not for Lin Dan's voluntary layoff]
    Last edited by Justin L; 10-31-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, why don't LD just came to the venue and enjoy the promoting activities? cheaper than USD 5,000, i supposed?

already miss him on court.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    so, why don't LD just came to the venue and enjoy the promoting activities? cheaper than USD 5,000, i supposed?

already miss him on court.
    What about his opportunity cost? The airfare,accommodation and time spent at the tournament venue as compared with what he values more or could gain more, i.e. the next best alternative foregone. Perhaps, I should say I believe, simply spending time with his loved ones means much more to him than the USD5,000 saved for the one week. What's more, in future, by winning one PSS title , the prizemoney is more than enough to cover the loss.

Miss him too, four Superseries tournaments gone by without him felt strange.
    Last edited by Justin L; 10-31-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD should retire then come back after half an year just like LHI did.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    LD should retire then come back after half an year just like LHI did.
    he maybe to lazy to start from #XXX.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    What about his opportunity cost? The airfare,accommodation and time spent at the tournament venue as compared with what he values more or could gain more, i.e. the next best alternative foregone. Perhaps, I should say I believe, simply spending time with his loved ones means much more to him than the USD5,000 saved for the one week. What's more, in future, by winning one PSS title , the prizemoney is more than enough to cover the loss.

Miss him too, four Superseries tournaments gone by without him felt strange.
    Edit: Spelling mistake, should be forgone spelt without 'e' meaning 'done without,relinquished'.

Latest news is that CBA isn't paying the fines for Lin Dan which amounted to USD20,000 already for the four SS/PSS tournaments this year i.e. it applies to any Superseries event, not just the premier ones, but for the normal ones I think he's allowed to miss two of them in a cycle.

So Lin Dan has to decide whether to retire and lose all his ranking points or pay the fines including the upcoming SS/PSS events (e.g.KOR Open and All-England next year). He's still mulling over it. However,it's rumoured there is a "support team" to assist him settle the problem(no details given). Whatever, I think he can afford to pay the fines, the monetary rewards he received for winning Olympic gold was hefty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seen or read LD's book yet? Any story?