User Tag List

Page 224 of 291 FirstFirst ... 124 174 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 274 ... LastLast
Results 3,792 to 3,808 of 4942
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Whilst Lin Dan is out of the Sudirman Cup, CBA has decided to register him to play in the INA PSS and Singapore SS next month, and the US Open GPG in July. For the US Open, I wonder if it'll be his first time there; I won't be surprised he's going there with his family for a holiday as well. No mention of June's Thai Open GPG though. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130502/000654.htm
    Yea, thanks. There is still a possibility of LD playing the World Championship.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-05-...66550344.shtml

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Yea, thanks. There is still a possibility of LD playing the World Championship.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-05-...66550344.shtml
    Thanks friend, I've come across it just now but prefer not to jump the gun. First, the veracity of the news cannot be ascertained. Second, it only says BWF is considering issuing a wild card but not to whom, nothing confirmed yet - if true,we can only speculate Lin Dan could be the likely candidate. Let's hope for the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? I wish it would take place in the east coast

Whilst Lin Dan is out of the Sudirman Cup, CBA has decided to register him to play in the INA PSS and Singapore SS next month, and the US Open GPG in July. For the US Open, I wonder if it'll be his first time there; I won't be surprised he's going there with his family for a holiday as well. No mention of June's Thai Open GPG though. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130502/000654.htm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    really? I wish it would take place in the east coast
    That's what Lin Dan himself reportedly said , he will be playing in the US Open, surprised me too. If I'm not wrong, it's usually held at Orange, California, on the west coast of USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan Accepts BWF Wild Card for World Championships

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - Text by Gayle Alleyne | Badmintonphoto
    Four-time world champion, Lin Dan of China, will defend his title in August, compliments of a wild card from the Badminton World Federation.
    The BWFs Committee of Management (COM) for the World Championships has voted unanimously to award the legendary Mens Singles player a wild card for the 5-11 August showpiece in Guangzhou in his homeland. The offer has been accepted by the China Badminton Association (CBA).Exercising its prerogative to nominate a wild-card entry in each category, the COM determined the 29-year-olds stature and fan appeal would significantly enhance the championships. This was the only wild card awarded.
    Having competed in few tournaments since retaining his Olympic crown last summer, Lin Dans international ranking fell. This ruled him out of direct qualification for the World Championships. His wild-card berth will likely reignite prospects of a possible rekindling of the rivalry between him and his Malaysian archrival, Lee Chong Wei. The latter is the reigning world number one but has lost to Lin Dan in major finals, including the gold-medal matches at the London 2012 and Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.
    Source - BWF web page
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=73596

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this true?

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=73596

and so, Lin Dan will go to 2013 WC in Guangzhou? nice!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD may still play Sudirman...

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130508/000723.htm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    LD may still play Sudirman...

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130508/000723.htm
    I read that too but I doubt it. There's only 1 MS match in each tie for the Sudirman Cup, so based on his current form,he'll probably go as a reserve player sitting at the bench, not what he'd relish doing.

Better for him to focus on the next three tournaments and prepare well for the upcoming world championship where his family would be there watching him play which means he'll give a good account of himself.

For the WC, I trust he will cherish the golden opportunity to compete and, hopefully, give us more than glimpses of Super Dan - just 90-95% at his best, I'm fully satisfied. (That means, Lee CW has to be at 100% to beat him, I believe).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ok for LD to be in the team. He already playing as the main MS for the team in the past 10 years. In most of the tournament, the reserve player need not to play to taste the glory with the team. so maybe it's his time now to taste the glory (if the team win of course ) as the reverse player.

but what is the article talking about? can't understand what they wrote.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    It's ok for LD to be in the team. He already playing as the main MS for the team in the past 10 years. In most of the tournament, the reserve player need not to play to taste the glory with the team. so maybe it's his time now to taste the glory (if the team win of course ) as the reverse player.

but what is the article talking about? can't understand what they wrote.
    The gist of the article simply says though Lin Dan is not in the Sudirman Cup list, according to Li Yongbo there's still a possibility he can be a reserve player should his services be needed as when, in the unlikely scenario, none of the original three MS are in fine form.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gist of the article simply says though Lin Dan is not in the Sudirman Cup list, according to Li Yongbo there's still a possibility he can be a reserve player should his services be needed as when, in the unlikely scenario, none of the original three MS are in fine form.
    But the players list has already sent to BWF, no?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    But the players list has already sent to BWF, no?
    Yes, according to the article, CBA has submitted 20 names but apparently reserve players can still be modified/added; I'm not too sure about it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lin Dan Covers MEN'S UNO Magazine

http://english.cri.cn/11354/2013/05/15/2724s765053.htm

Name:  LD-uno.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  40.5 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, according to the article, CBA has submitted 20 names but apparently reserve players can still be modified/added; I'm not too sure about it.
    is it true ? for saina's case, she is out, and media says, india can not replace her.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    is it true ? for saina's case, she is out, and media says, india can not replace her.
    Huh, I beg your pardon, Saina is not in the Sudirman Cup team, how can that be? Where did you get that news from? I suggest we discuss this in the Sudirman Cup thread, thanks.

As for Lin Dan's case, that Chinese article seemed to imply that the original list submitted by CBA was preliminary and it's still not too late to include him as a reserve player. I doubt so, maybe the dateline is over. Personally, I'd prefer he skips the Sudirman Cup and concentrate on the WC and the three tournaments before it.

I suddenly recall Peter Gade's take on Lin Dan and the Olympics just after London. PG said that at first he thought Lin Dan would retire soon after winning the Beijing'08 Olympic gold. Then he was surprised that Lin Dan carried on to the London Olympics and won gold the second time. Now he is quite sure Lin Dan can do it again in Rio'16 if he sets his mind on it saying he has tremendous willpower and great abilities.

But for this coming WC, I'm afraid Lin Dan is at his weakest and most vulnerable. At the recent BAC in Taipei,his first comeback tournament, he was reported to be error-prone match after match, even his famous dive retrievals weren't well executed - at one point he landed in supine position and another he hit the sideboard at the back of the baseline and landed near where his coach XXZ was sitting who was startled and quickly checked on him to see if he was alright and then in his match with Sakai, he slightly injured his shoulder. His current form is such that CBA decides to drop him from the Sudirman Cup. Let's earnestly hope he can get himself up to speed for the World Championship.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    On Saina's case,my apologies,Fortune,I should have checked Saina's thread first, they've discussed it there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad. i wish he can win his 5th SC this year.