User Tag List

Page 225 of 291 FirstFirst ... 125 175 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 275 ... LastLast
Results 3,809 to 3,825 of 4938
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Too bad. i wish he can win his 5th SC this year.
    Right, it's as good as confirmed that for the first time in 10 years CHN is without Lin Dan in the Sudirman Cup. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130516/022450.htm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Right, it's as good as confirmed that for the first time in 10 years CHN is without Lin Dan in the Sudirman Cup. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130516/022450.htm
    What to say? This maybe the best choice for the team right now, to let WZM and DPY taste team event in the real level of competition so they can ready when the team needs them. But still hoping LD could have a slot in 2014 TC team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone translate this video? or even sub it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IO 2013 Draw is out! http://bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=449919&dl=1
    Oh my, what a draw for him ...

- LD to meet WJC winner Kento Momota in qualification round
    - R1 vs Taufik Hidayat
    - R2 vs winner of (Lee Chong Wei vs WZM)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW must've facepalmed on seeing this draw ) strong possibility for him not to reach even the QF ) and that's with Chen Long breathing down his neck in the world rating.
    Although I think LCW has a very strong chance to beat LD here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a draw for Taufik Hidayat's perhaps last IO ...

Quote Originally Posted by iamronnel View Post
    IO 2013 Draw is out! http://bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=449919&dl=1
    Oh my, what a draw for him ...

- LD to meet WJC winner Kento Momota in qualification round
    - R1 vs Taufik Hidayat
    - R2 vs winner of (Lee Chong Wei vs WZM)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lin Dan not playing in IO...sigh...won't resurface till WC, come on!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan simply doesn't like playing in South East Asia.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Lin Dan simply doesn't like playing in South East Asia.
    If I may venture a guess, I think it's not so much to do with SEA tournaments, not for this time at least;otherwise, he wouldn't register to play in the first place. It may be much more to do with the draw in the INA Open. In R1 he has to face off Taufik Hidayat who has already declared the INA Open as his farewell event - so 'Should I or should I not play to beat Taufik?' is a question bothering him. Then in R2 he has to deal with archrival Lee CW - either Lin Dan doesn't feel ready yet or he doesn't wish to reveal his cards so soon before the upcoming WC'13; whatever the outcome, it'll be actually not too good for both contestants for psychological or morale considerations.

And since he has decided to withdraw from the INA Open PSS,he'll be hard put to explain why he's playing in the SG Open SS that follows, so might as well pull out from both events even though his main rivals Lee CW and Chen Long aren't participating.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130607/019232.htm

Lin Dan cited that he had a slight shoulder injury during the BAC in Taiwan thus affected his training. The couple of matches he played in the National Games earlier also shown that he was not match fit and didn't reached the form/standard he would like.

The reason the team entered him for the INA and SNG Opens were for him to gain ranking points as at the time he knew that he will not be playing in the SC and will also miss out on the WC. He was hoping to gain more points from those two tournaments.

Since now BWF had granted him a wild card for the WC he is better off to stay home and get back to a more systematic training to prepare for the WC. i.e. he is eyeing the 12000 points on offer for the WC title.

So, for players/coaches already written LD off for the WC, take notes.
    Last edited by AlanY; 06-07-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty disappointed, because IOssp was shaping up to have dramatic match-ups in the making and a good lead-up into the WC13. I rather see Taufik vs. LD, as they will play with one another, I am afraid LCW is just going to steamroller Taufik as usual. Anyways, unless LD is seriously hurt, I have to say weak-sauce for pulling out and making the IOssp less exciting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just Lin Dan's attitude: He just does not give a f***
    I think it's more sportsmanlike for LCW to beat Taufik straight and honest, if he can (and if they actually meet). Rather than letting him win on purpose just because it is his last match, like Lin Dan did with Peter Gade at Copenhagen Masters. Don't you think the pro's notice, if someone's taking the gas of the pedal and they surprisingly beat someone they've lost most of the time in the past...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The match that Lin Dan played Peter Gade at Copenhagen was an exhibition match, rather than a real competition, aimed to let the crowd pay tribute to Peter and enjoy his play style for the last time. I see no lack of sportsmanship in Lin Dan’s part to let Peter won, and actually I think it was just courtesy!

As for LCW beating TH straight and honest, as I remember a few years ago (probably 2009 or 2010) in the Hong Kong Open, LCW lead TH by some 10 points or more in the final set (I can’t quite remember that was the 2nd or the 3rd set), and LCW purposely slowed down to let TH get a few more points and stay on the court longer. Yes, LCW didn't give up the set, but he kind of admitted after the match that he let TH gain a few more points. I am not sure whether you can call that straight and honest, even though I see no harm done!
    Last edited by thekong; 06-10-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    wrote by an idiot?
    網球是高強度比賽,一場比賽下來,耗時兩三小時是平常事,羽球比賽通常都不超過一小時。
    Walk vs run?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    wrote by an idiot?
    網球是高強度比賽,一場比賽下來,耗時兩三小時是平常事,羽球比賽通常都不超過一小時。
    Walk vs run?
    i dont know him
    u can email him
    hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translated by google:

In December of last year, Lindane when accepting the reporter visited, talked about the promotion badminton idea, "should let the badminton like NBA popular." He said.
    Lindane completely have the qualification to say these brave words, he has set the record of many rare achievements, he is in the history first is reelected to the Olympic badminton gold medal men's singles athlete, in the competition intense men's singles badminton world, he is the person who first finishing all-inclusive (Olympics, international championship, the Thomas cups and Sudirman Cup), And at least two rounds.
    By Lindane in badminton world altitude, he can definitely at his influence now, making the common people pay attention to badminton. But the best chance, after he was last year two degrees won the Olympic gold medal, hum. What opportunity also has, compared with after a person win the Olympic gold medal, can display the influence?
    But Lindane has not struck while the iron is hot, later his armistice half a year, the marriage, the autobiography and racket portrait picture, participated in the business to develop and take charge of the comment on TV honorable person su, even flies Milan to attend the fashion show. During this time, he can be called the activity of promoted badminton only, it is a direct Denmark to attend Peter Gaitt's farewell matched.
    A player, if you do not attend the competition, how can promote this sport? In fact, in the world badminton's Union have regulations, influential player, for example first 8 strong players, only if it is injured, or can not lack the war for a long time, in order to avoid has fallen short of the anticipation of fan, every time else absent a sports event of top opponent, must be punished 5000 dollars. Lindane sure last year is punished, but is surely RMB athlete to the annual income, what is 5000 $5.00?
    The Asia Trophy of April of this year, is Lindane's duplicate going to battle after 8 months of leave, but he won at the first three difficult combats, when it is to heat arriving at guy Wang Zhengming, Lindane choose "withdrawal" once again, the reason is hurt. This reason is not strange to the fan, in Lindane's player profession, withdrawal most likely, in occurred to arriving at the player from China.
    Integral that because I have not competitions, Lindane's world place is slippery to 68 largely. At Indonesian top match this week holds, Lindane have registered before, but must play two rounds qualifying game, may be promoted with Lee Zongwei, Station.haha Long, road Philippines and other seed player conpound competitions. But Lindane's countersign transported "great", after playing the qualifying game, first to Philippines, arriving 80% second to be Lee Zongwei. First three days, Lindane spread the forfeit withdrawal once again, reason to prepare for the international championship of August.
    Lee Yongbo explain reason that Lin Dan withdrawal, is ", if devotes two weeks to attend the competition instead, I destroyed originally the integrity system of training." But why the decision, must come out after the ballot result of Indonesian match announced?
    Lin Dan once complain badminton is inferior to tennis to be popular. public game that the badminton plan every year too much, does not have several all-inclusive like the play tennis. Do not forget, the tennis is the high-strength competition, a game, the time-consuming 2-3 hours everyday is the event, badminton competition usually no more than one hour.
    Speaking of the tennis, many players have a high athletics spirit. For a long time by Federer (Roger Federer), he little disappoint the fan, do not have the record it is on leave or frequent withdrawal, the past 10 years, Federer's place has maintained at first five, even if he to enterprise late Lu Qi, they still attending the sports event that has not sure win the championship now.
    Is the real athelete, Federer do not fear fight and is not afraid of losing, he has an excellent skill in ball games, has the trouble high athletic spirit, he needs a high higher level the tennis, not, because his skill is excellent, what is more important, he will win popular support with kindness. (Sin Chew Daily/street for free expression of opinion ‧ author: Plants to finish ‧ journalist)