User Tag List

Page 233 of 315 FirstFirst ... 133 183 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 283 ... LastLast
Results 3,945 to 3,961 of 5345
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always a difficult thing to compare cross-discipline or cross-gender....so, celebrating LD as 'greatest MS player' is probably the way to go

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan seems to have given up his shabby grip. The upper third of his grip is now also covered with cloth. Maybe an adjustment for his new style? Soon some players will follow...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Yeah, MD is not quite as hard on the body as the endless miles the singles players collect in their years. Although PJB can probably be considered a greater talent than LD (excelling in all three disciplines, as he was fielded in singles as well a couple times and had outstanding success there as well), nobody will ever know whether he'd have been able to achieve the same as LD. However you'll also have to account for the fact that the WC was only a bi-annual event in his time, his 5 titles are actually worth more than the same 5 would be today - in 3 WC, he collected 5 titles, participating only 5 times. In today's terms, that's closer to playing 6-7 (depending on how many Olympic years you have in that period), collecting 10-12 titles
    The only time that LD won non-bi-annually is in 2006-2007.

He won WC in 2009 when there was no WC in 2008.
    He lost in 2010 easily then won Won WC in 2011.
    No WC in 2012 and now he's won in 2013.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, so the years where he entered but didnt get to the final (2003, 2005, 2010) are chances he got PJB didnt have.......that he 'only' won b-annually could be interpreted as proof he is less brilliant, in fact.
    The way I see it, he's the best singles player of all time of course. However RI seems to have set her mind on achieving even more, starting to collect at 18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Yeah, so the years where he entered but didnt get to the final (2003, 2005, 2010) are chances he got PJB didnt have.......that he 'only' won b-annually could be interpreted as proof he is less brilliant, in fact.
    The way I see it, he's the best singles player of all time of course. However RI seems to have set her mind on achieving even more, starting to collect at 18
    He lost to Taufik in 2005 final.

In 2003 he had to give the game away to XXZ cos he lost first set to XXZ.

2010 is very debatable considering what happened in AG.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaaand there we go again...truly, Lin Dan never lost, he only gave away matches when he felt like it or was ordered to......yeah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice analogy there mate

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    2010 is very debatable considering what happened in AG.
    What happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD is the greatest of all time.
    He is unbeatable unless he chooses to and if he plays his power and speed game he is untouchable -
    even LCW will be thrashed at max 10 pts - and he is also the most complete player with the ability
    to make the shuttle sing to his tune.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wrong post
    Last edited by XoXoXo; 08-14-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gogor View Post
    with the help of wc, cl & ac (wild card, chen long & air conditioning)
    yup, with the help of Chen Long, Line Judges, and AC.

I don't know that the god even need scandal @__@ sad, really sad.. everything but to win!! Poor LCW.

I admired LD before. Now my respect for LD is gone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoXoXo View Post
    yup, with the help of Chen Long, Line Judges, and AC.

I don't know that the god even need scandal @__@ sad, really sad.. everything but to win!! Poor LCW.

I admired LD before. Now my respect for LD is gone
    Who said he need scandals? It is just those sour grapes who came with these so-said scandals to distract the attention from his achievement.

In fact, LD haters always find any reason and scandals to complain about his win, even when the match held on neutral place.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 08-15-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Who said he need scandals? It is just those sour grapes who came with these so-said scandals to distract the attention from his achievement.

In fact, LD haters always find any reason and scandals to complain about his win, even when the match held on neutral place.
    Exactly, you are absolutely right. These sour grapes,sore losers, jealous bugs and hating fleas ought to feel ashamed of themselves. To make it worse,they are doing Lee CW more harm than good. If I were Lee CW, I'd distance myself from and have nothing to do with them. Sickening. Saddening. Maddening.

In fact in Lee CW's latest interview he was full of praise for Lin Dan saying he is truly an extraordinary player despite being out of competition for one year yet still can become world champion. http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...t-not-out.aspx
    (If anybody wants to talk about the airconditioning issue, please go to the relevant thread.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the fact is Lin Dan being a silly little man and accepted the gift conspiracy trophy

I'm not just talking about AC. If it only AC it could be coincidential.
    But it seems the whole dawn system is against LCW :

1. BWF granted wild card to LD, who was ranked 286 at that time.
    2. LD played against CL in the afternoon the day before in the semifinal.
    3. LCW played against DuPY at 11pm the night before in the semifinal.
    4. A few ridiculous judgments line call favor to LD ( 1 or 2 still acceptable but 5 or 6? and no replay on TV)
    5. AC was off during a crucial moment.

If only one or two of the above happened, i think it would have been a lame excuse per se. But all of the above happened;

Who's the cheater? shame shame shame on you, LD & CBA!!!

If you won it with dignity and fair play, just like the other 4 honour WC (Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang, Ratchanok Intanon, Liliyana/Tantowi, Hendra/Ahsan) there is no issue.

(ps. Oh before you start; I'm not a Malaysian neither a LCW fan & GOD know I was really admired LD before)

just believe what you want to believe, but the fact is there

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still parroting the same old tune like a broken record when all the points have been comprehensively addressed in the Airconditioning thread which covers more than that. Kindly go there and debate it, all in one place for everybody's sake. Good grief.

'Cheater', 'Shame'??? Why just stop here in this forum hiding behind the ugly cloak of anonymity? Complain to BWF, write to Larsen, the newly-elected BWF President, have some respect and faith in him, a one-time professional player and Olympic Champion from Denmark !

I believe Lee CW knows better than to listen to such crazed,fanatical,extremist,hardcore fans and non-partisan proponents who purport to speak up for him. If Lee CW is ever to beat Lin Dan for that elusive World or Olympic title, he should know (and I'd like to believe he does now) where the problem really lies and get to work on it and not be distracted by all those bad,meaningless vibes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We know that at the WC'13, Lin Dan winning it created history by becoming the lowest ranked at 286th(was 100th at the start), the first unseeded and the first wild card player to become World Champion, besides holding the most number of World Championship Men's Singles Titles with 5 times.

Well, today, according to BWF, he broke another record for having the biggest jump in ranking from 286th to 98th, i.e. a rise of 188 places. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130815/018345.htm
    Last edited by Justin L; 08-15-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    We know that at the WC'13, Lin Dan winning it created history by becoming the lowest ranked at 286th(was 100th at the start), unseeded and wild card player to become World Champion, besides holding the most number of World Championship Men's Singles Titles with 5 times.

Well, today, according to BWF, he broke another record for having the biggest jump in ranking from 286th to 98th, i.e. a rise of 188 places. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130815/018345.htm
    Nice information! Thank you Justin!