User Tag List

Page 234 of 294 FirstFirst ... 134 184 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 284 ... LastLast
Results 3,962 to 3,978 of 4996
  1. #3962
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    We know that at the WC'13, Lin Dan winning it created history by becoming the lowest ranked at 286th(was 100th at the start), unseeded and wild card player to become World Champion, besides holding the most number of World Championship Men's Singles Titles with 5 times.

    Well, today, according to BWF, he broke another record for having the biggest jump in ranking from 286th to 98th, i.e. a rise of 188 places. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130815/018345.htm
    Nice information! Thank you Justin!

  2. #3963
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,778
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    We know that at the WC'13, Lin Dan winning it created history by becoming the lowest ranked at 286th(was 100th at the start), first unseeded and first wild card player to become World Champion, besides holding the most number of World Championship Men's Singles Titles with 5 times.

    Well, today, according to BWF, he broke another record for having the biggest jump in ranking from 286th to 98th, i.e. a rise of 188 places. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130815/018345.htm
    Yeah thanks,
    Found it funny reading that translated it has Tommy Sugiarto as
    Susy Alto is that really his chinese name?

  3. #3964
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    But it seems the whole dawn system is against LCW:

    1. BWF granted wild card to LD, who was ranked 286 at that time.
    2. LD played against CL in the afternoon the day before in the semifinal.
    3. LCW played against DuPY at 11pm the night before in the semifinal.
    4. A few ridiculous judgments line call favor to LD ( 1 or 2 still acceptable but 5 or 6? and no replay on TV)
    5. AC was off during a crucial moment.
    1. LD did nor granting wildcard to himself, so it is not his business.
    2 & 3. Check 2011 WC semifinal schedule, then you should see that such schedule does not guarantee a win in the final match.
    4. You questioned the profesionalism of international line judges?
    5. Please make sure first (by fact, not assumption please) when exactly the AC was off, then we defined crucial moments.

  4. #3965
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    1. LD did nor granting wildcard to himself, so it is not his business.
    2 & 3. Check 2011 WC semifinal schedule, then you should see that such schedule does not guarantee a win in the final match.
    4. You questioned the profesionalism of international line judges?
    5. Please make sure first (by fact, not assumption please) when exactly the AC was off, then we defined crucial moments.
    Playing conditions was the same for both LD and LCW, the simple truth is LD is better than
    LCW. LD will win vs LCW in all big matches even with one arm tied - his non playing arm ofcourse - to his back.
    AS I mentioned in my earlier posting, LD is the best ever whilst LCW is merely one of the best.

  5. #3966
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Playing conditions was the same for both LD and LCW, the simple truth is LD is better than
    LCW. LD will win vs LCW in all big matches even with one arm tied - his non playing arm ofcourse - to his back.
    AS I mentioned in my earlier posting, LD is the best ever whilst LCW is merely one of the best.
    Like Wang Yu, the 70's chinese actor playing one-arm swordsman beating the heck of all the bad dudes out there with his left arm...there you go, LD is leftie, maybe LD wanna star in a remake of this blockbuster

  6. #3967
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,121
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yeah thanks,
    Found it funny reading that translated it has Tommy Sugiarto as
    Susy Alto is that really his chinese name?
    Susy Alto? Of course not, google translate, I suppose this is the online service you use, produces mangled text. In Hanyu Pinyin (a Mandarin romanization system), Sugiarto should be sujiyatuo (without the tone marks which would enable you to pronounce the word correctly;sorry, I don't know how to insert them here).

  7. #3968
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Taufik Hidayat is my favorite player but I cannot deny that Lin Dan is the greatest player of all time. No matter what anyone says or what excuses people use (walk-overs, scandals), I believe he is the best of all time.

    He has proved it so many times that I just can't see why you wouldn't give it to him. What record is there that he hasn't broken?

  8. #3969
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    heaven on earth
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    1. LD did nor granting wildcard to himself, so it is not his business. 2 & 3. Check 2011 WC semifinal schedule, then you should see that such schedule does not guarantee a win in the final match. 4. You questioned the profesionalism of international line judges? 5. Please make sure first (by fact, not assumption please) when exactly the AC was off, then we defined crucial moments.
    1-3. BWF favor CBA.
    4. I'm not care the "international line judges" status, I only care the fact.
    5. Please many living witness there.

    well I think we can agree to disagree

    i will not reply again.
    Last edited by XoXoXo; 08-16-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: add enter

  9. #3970
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Someone never agree to others' disagree on him but ask others to agree on his disagree. 😱

    Agree to disagree was on the basis that all comments are based on sensible and sound logic but not biased insistence. 😉

  10. #3971
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    """Originally posted by XoXoXo:
    .....But it seems the whole dawn system is against LCW:
    1. BWF granted wild card to LD, who was ranked 286 at that time.
    2. LD played against CL in the afternoon the day before in the semifinal.
    3. LCW played against DuPY at 11pm the night before in the semifinal.
    4. A few ridiculous judgments line call favor to LD ( 1 or 2 still acceptable but 5 or 6? and no replay on TV)
    5. AC was off during a crucial moment."""

    1. LD did nor granting wildcard to himself, so it is not his business.
    2 & 3. Check 2011 WC semifinal schedule, then you should see that such schedule does not guarantee a win in the final match.
    4. You questioned the profesionalism of international line judges?
    5. Please make sure first (by fact, not assumption please) when exactly the AC was off, then we defined crucial moments.
    It appears that LCW is successfully implanting into his fans' mind that he is a victimized hero... Just like a little girl being bullied by a whole lot of gangster... or this is only made so bad his fans.

    I don't like to talk about LCW in LD's page, yet must say that even I really think LCW deserve a WC in view of his badminton technique and devotion, yet character-wise he just lack of such a real man champion charm. What a pity...

    Hope one day he could realize this and could become a real champion.
    Last edited by Jonc108; 08-16-2013 at 07:43 AM.

  11. #3972
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Like Wang Yu, the 70's chinese actor playing one-arm swordsman beating the heck of all the bad dudes out there with his left arm...there you go, LD is leftie, maybe LD wanna star in a remake of this blockbuster
    Uncle OTB, why are you comparing LD to Wang Yu?
    Wang Yu, my idol and maybe yours too since you still remember him, fought his enemies alone from mountain tops to hill slopes to valleys and to seasides.
    Can LD do it ? Alone?

  12. #3973
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Uncle OTB, why are you comparing LD to Wang Yu?
    Wang Yu, my idol and maybe yours too since you still remember him, fought his enemies alone from mountain tops to hill slopes to valleys and to seasides.
    Can LD do it ? Alone?
    With respect to this Wang Yu, well, he had the script and director behind him.

    p.s. Do not know much about this guy, so i am sorry if there is mistake in my statement about him.

  13. #3974
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1-3. BWF favor CBA.
    4. I'm not care the "international line judges" status, I only care the fact.
    5. Please many living witness there.
    1-3. And how is that became LD's sin?
    4. And the fact is they are human, thus they made error sometimes. They at least didn't call an out-by-one-inch shots as in. They just made hard calls as human, same as the umpire made error when fault LD's net kill.
    5. Oh please, living witnesses did notice the venue being hotter. But the AC being switched off as a sabotage action is brought by somebody else. Still, you have not answer the question yet of when did they shut down the AC, precisely, if there was any.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 08-16-2013 at 12:28 PM.

  14. #3975
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,121
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BWF favours CBA? Go tell that to BWF, question President Larsen, check the facts, show proof(s). Be careful not to malign BWF, making false accusations is a serious matter.

  15. #3976
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,942
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    (MOD: banned and deleted a couple of posts by a troll. reminder: don't feel the troll)

  16. #3977
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the marketing point of view, this LD vs LCW episode is a dream come true - as like Rocky,
    the weak and failed hero, LCW will rise again and beat the odds and win the world championship
    in the next episode of Rocky LCW IV - of course its LD turn to crammed up, and then to the
    final episode, Rocky LCW V!

  17. #3978
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where Trouble is
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    1-3. And how is that became LD's sin?
    4. And the fact is they are human, thus they made error sometimes. They at least didn't call an out-by-one-inch shots as in. They just made hard calls as human, same as the umpire made error when fault LD's net kill.
    5. Oh please, living witnesses did notice the venue being hotter. But the AC being switched off as a sabotage action is brought by somebody else. Still, you have not answer the question yet of when did they shut down the AC, precisely, if there was any.
    a. IT'S ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT IF THEIR IDOL LOST...lol.....

    b. They just made hard calls as human, same as the umpire made error when fault LD's net kill.

    -> true- no pointed out by 'this loser'....

    c. But the AC being switched off as a sabotage action is brought by somebody else.

    -> this issue was brought up before the final - LCW is one of them who commented of the draft in the hall... ( this was published somewhere- lazy to find and post here )



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    senior888
    From the marketing point of view, this LD vs LCW episode is a dream come true - as like Rocky,
    the weak and failed hero, LCW will rise again and beat the odds and win the world championship
    in the next episode of Rocky LCW IV - of course its LD turn to crammed up, and then to the
    final episode, Rocky LCW V!

    LD is no Rocky - No need rematch like Rocky did !!

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Justin L
    BWF favours CBA? Go tell that to BWF, question President Larsen, check the facts, show proof(s). Be careful not to malign BWF, making false accusations is a serious matter.

    CHARGE HIM WITH SEDITION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.....

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •