User Tag List

Page 238 of 291 FirstFirst ... 138 188 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 288 ... LastLast
Results 4,030 to 4,046 of 4938
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    LD has been kicked out the national team for a while. It's not just his intention to be with his family. This is so simple and obviously.

That's the reason he cannot play international tournaments, simply because he's been kicked out the national team.

See who always participates in the international tournaments? They are constantly: Chen Long, Du Pengyu, Wang Zhengming, Gao Huan and Chen Yuekun. Why? Because they are the only national team members!

Guo Huan and Chen Yuekun have never been the best top 5 in China ever.

Now let's talk about why LD has been kicked out of the national team.

The biggest money for Chinese playing badminton is NOT the prize money. What's the reason Indian wondering why Chinese players scoffing at their 1 million dollar IBL.

The most 2 important money for Chinese players are government funding and company sponsorship. Li YB, the manger for national team, has been always controlling all the commercial incomes. Then he distributes the money as he likes.

Lin Dan and other players, all have to obey this. But as the most successful player, and super star, LD is the most important in commercial ads, therefore he cannot stand to let LYB dictating the money. So he began to accept company's commercial ads independently. So they finally broke up, LD kicked out the national team.

But this is the thing neither LYB nor LD want to mention in public. LD cannot go back to the national team until they can compromise secretly.
    arent we should keep this as secret too?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. That's certainly the way it is. Do you ever post sth that's not 100% unproven? If LD wanted to play, he'd play. Simple. If the Chinese didn't want him to play, they never would've applied for his wild card. Your theory isn't even thought through well...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you believe him at all?? I mean LD is probably the most influential athlete in the whole of China. Would he really just keep quiet if he had a real disagreement with LYB? Personally I don't think so. I tend to agree with the theory that after winning everything, his desire to compete might have dropped a little, and that is a dangerous thing when your training requires you to be 100% motivated to push yourself to the limit every day...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Why do you believe him at all?? I mean LD is probably the most influential athlete in the whole of China. Would he really just keep quiet if he had a real disagreement with LYB? Personally I don't think so. I tend to agree with the theory that after winning everything, his desire to compete might have dropped a little, and that is a dangerous thing when your training requires you to be 100% motivated to push yourself to the limit every day...
    Sun Yang (the Chinese swimmer) had a spat with his coach. Sun spent too much time with his girlfriend and at commercial activities. He didn't spend much time on practising.

And guess what, his coach banned him from taking part in commercial activities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Yang#Personal_Life

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....? He can hardly compare to LD's status, and there were no reports whatsoever indicating LD slacked off during training. He took his time off, but once he got back to training, he dedicated himself to it like he used to. That another athlete had a disagreement with his coach proves nothing, that is got publicized even emphasizes my point: that a serious disagreement between LD and LYB, and booting LD out of the Ntl team, would not stay secret.
    If you follow more of 2cents' posts you'll see there's quite a few that may seem like some sort of inside scoop but are actually just hypotheses based on nothing but outside observation, often being far from the truth.
    I, for one, don't buy that LD got kicked out of the team. If he really wanted to play, he'd play. If all else fails, for another Nation such as HKG (always looking to 'import' successful athletes ).
    I tend to believe he is questioning whether he should continue to play or not. While he has taken the World title yet again, there's no doubt he is unable to play the same style he used to, not being able to reproduce the sort of speed and explosiveness that brought him his first OG title. And maybe he wants to go out with a success, other than PG and TH whose standards had dropped considerably from their best before they retired (that is no critique to Peter, he was clearly giving everything until the very end, but age doesn't stop for anyone, not even him ).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    So....? He can hardly compare to LD's status, and there were no reports whatsoever indicating LD slacked off during training. He took his time off, but once he got back to training, he dedicated himself to it like he used to. That another athlete had a disagreement with his coach proves nothing, that is got publicized even emphasizes my point: that a serious disagreement between LD and LYB, and booting LD out of the Ntl team, would not stay secret.
    If you follow more of 2cents' posts you'll see there's quite a few that may seem like some sort of inside scoop but are actually just hypotheses based on nothing but outside observation, often being far from the truth.
    I, for one, don't buy that LD got kicked out of the team. If he really wanted to play, he'd play. If all else fails, for another Nation such as HKG (always looking to 'import' successful athletes ).
    I tend to believe he is questioning whether he should continue to play or not. While he has taken the World title yet again, there's no doubt he is unable to play the same style he used to, not being able to reproduce the sort of speed and explosiveness that brought him his first OG title. And maybe he wants to go out with a success, other than PG and TH whose standards had dropped considerably from their best before they retired (that is no critique to Peter, he was clearly giving everything until the very end, but age doesn't stop for anyone, not even him ).
    LD's status is below that of Sun Yang. Sun Yang is better known in China and he makes more money than LD.

I also do not think LD got kicked out of the national team. Both LD and LYB need one another. The whole team depends on LD's earnings (ie, commercial activities).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    LD's status is below that of Sun Yang. Sun Yang is better known in China and he makes more money than LD.

I also do not think LD got kicked out of the national team. Both LD and LYB need one another. The whole team depends on LD's earnings (ie, commercial activities).
    The reason why Sun Yang is more famous and makes more money than Lin Dan is because he breaks into a sport long dominated by Westerners unlike badminton. Don't forget last year or before that it was Lin Dan who won the Sportsman of the Year award in China.

I too hope what 2cents sort of exposed is pure speculation. Let's wait and see. Maybe it's not that serious even if true and would blow over soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    The reason why Sun Yang is more famous and makes more money than Lin Dan is because he breaks into a sport long dominated by Westerners unlike badminton. Don't forget last year or before that it was Lin Dan who won the Sportsman of the Year award in China.

I too hope what 2cents sort of exposed is pure speculation. Let's wait and see. Maybe it's not that serious even if true and would blow over soon.
    Li Na is the most famous athlete from China.

http://www.forbeschina.com/review/list/002055.shtml

Maybe LD wants to go independent like Taufik and Li Na.
    Last edited by pcll99; 09-15-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest update: Lin Dan formally declares he will play until Rio Olympics and is in the process of developing training programs http://sports.qq.com/a/20130916/016819.htm

The article concluded by saying Lin Dan is aiming for triple Olympic golds !

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the author/reporter did not misrepresent his intention of aiming for triple gold because the last sentence in the article isn't a quotation of Lin Dan's exact words. As we've known previously when Lin Dan said he would play until Rio, it didn't necessarily include the Olympics. Anyway, I'd just take the article as is for the time being.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given Chen Long's performance of late, I would not be surprised if LD plays till Rio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are multiple reasons.

1. He would like to enjoy his life besides badminton, especially spending with family.

2. He would like to continue playing badminton but he is only interested in playing big tournaments, namely Thomas cups and Asian games next year, Rio olympics 2016. I am not sure about world championship next year as he needs enough points to qualify. I would be surprised if he is given another wild card next year.

3. He is getting older and he have to look after himself by avoiding injury so that I can be at the best condition when it is matter.

4. He is not allowed to play superseries which is a shame of the system which means he can't accumulate points fast and hence have to play a lot of smaller tournaments. If he would like to enjoy his life outside badminton this period of time is the time to do it. I have a feeling that he may give up world championship next year and start working hard to accumulate points in 2015.

5. If there is a conflict between LYB and LD, it would be about coaching the younger player. LYB want him to coach but LD shows no interest to ba coach at least at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    LD has been kicked out the national team for a while. It's not just his intention to be with his family. This is so simple and obviously.

That's the reason he cannot play international tournaments, simply because he's been kicked out the national team.

See who always participates in the international tournaments? They are constantly: Chen Long, Du Pengyu, Wang Zhengming, Gao Huan and Chen Yuekun. Why? Because they are the only national team members!

Guo Huan and Chen Yuekun have never been the best top 5 in China ever.

Now let's talk about why LD has been kicked out of the national team.

The biggest money for Chinese playing badminton is NOT the prize money. What's the reason Indian wondering why Chinese players scoffing at their 1 million dollar IBL.

The most 2 important money for Chinese players are government funding and company sponsorship. Li YB, the manger for national team, has been always controlling all the commercial incomes. Then he distributes the money as he likes.

Lin Dan and other players, all have to obey this. But as the most successful player, and super star, LD is the most important in commercial ads, therefore he cannot stand to let LYB dictating the money. So he began to accept company's commercial ads independently. So they finally broke up, LD kicked out the national team.

But this is the thing neither LYB nor LD want to mention in public. LD cannot go back to the national team until they can compromise secretly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks jkkwongnz for your comments.

Let me straight out the factors which affect LD's decision to continue playing:

1. Money
    2. Glory of achievement
    3. Enjoy easy life instead of hardship

For Li YB, he only needs to consider
    1. Money
    2. Glory of achievement

Clearly, Lin Dan is still, by far, the best badminton player now. All true badminton fans like to watch him playing, but not the players. In fact, no player wants to play LD in any tournaments. Lee CW even protested and complained in public before WC. In fact, not only LCW, other CHN players, like Chen Long, Du PY, Wang ZM, especially Gao Huan and Chen Yuekun, not only they have less chance to win a tournament, but also they have to be kicked out the national team for a space for LD.

Usually, LYB should be happy because LD could bring more glory to him too. But since LD is too famous to control, and also they have already broke up on money issues. There are unsolved sponsorship if taking in LD into the national team. For commercial ads, Lin Dan might be more valuable than the rest of the entire national team.

That's the reason LYB had not wasted any chance to belittle LD before the WC. Not only rejected LD to play the Sudirman/Thomas cup, but also kicked LD out of the national team directly, and also claimed that LD's not competitive for professional badminton anymore, and would retire soon, or already retired.

Under these circumstances, LD changed his strategy to focus on the Chinese league. Since he's commercial ads mostly in China, so he gave up the international market which he rarely had any income. Fortunately, he's got a wild card unexpected, thus he's got more glory and money.

Now, by claiming playing Rio 2016, I think LD using this to threaten LYB. It is the least thing LYB likes to hear that LD wants to share more market share for badminton commercials. LD uses this to force LYB to negotiate with him to get more money and shares of sponsorship.

LYB had offered coach position to LD, obviously this was not what LD interested in currently. No fan's satisfied with that either, simply because LD is still the greatest player. By offering a job to LD, LYB loses nothing, but gains the total badminton sponsorship.

Most CHN players could accept the job offer for early retirement, such as Ji Xingpeng, Chen Jin, but not LD. He knew, as the greatest player, he should not be the one chasing after the job, instead, there's many better jobs chasing after him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the photo taken when Lin Dan claimed he would play until Rio 2016. Usually, a person, made such claim, should be happy, confident and optimistic. But LD looked different. He looked cautious, bleak and grim, with some kind of trepidation, because he knew his claim would irritate LYB, that's the reason LD looked like a person in the middle of bargain. His claim was a kind of offense which invaded the interest of LYB, so he has to be cautious.
    Name:  730_1071016_824432.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  31.1 KB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD didn't play for 8 months after London Olympics because he couldn't train in Beijing and travel constantly around China at the same time. He also got married during that period.

LD also said he hopes to become a father next year. I think for now, LYB and LD are negotiating the small details. One of the major issue is wild card. Can he get more wild cards for the next three years?

LYB wants LD for several things from now till 2016:

(1) to win at major events
    (2) to coach, train and/or spar with young players
    (3) to earn money for the whole CBA by participating in sponsorship events around China

LD wants the following in the next 3 years:

(1) become a father
    (2) qualify and win at major events
    (3) earn money

LD is also thinking about what he can and should do after Rio 2016. Should he start a business like Li Ning? Enter the entertainment business like Bao CL? Start a club like Taufik?

Just wondering, do major events such as Asian Games, Thomas Cup and Sudirman Cup require world ranking points for qualification purpose?
    Last edited by pcll99; 09-16-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes you guys think that the CBA has any kind of money shortage?
    China is trying to dominate the world in sports, theirs sports associations will never have a shortage of cash flow especially such a dominant one such as badminton.
    If anything, the arguments are about the split between the player and the association when a title is won.

And if Li-Ning as a sponsor fails financially, Yonex, Victor and Adidas would quickly fill the void.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    What makes you guys think that the CBA has any kind of money shortage?
    China is trying to dominate the world in sports, theirs sports associations will never have a shortage of cash flow especially such a dominant one such as badminton.
    If anything, the arguments are about the split between the player and the association when a title is won.

And if Li-Ning as a sponsor fails financially, Yonex, Victor and Adidas would quickly fill the void.
    You misunderstood! It's not short of money, it's about more money.

There's no problem for CBA to pay regular salary to each players. Actually, you may not know. All players, including the national team members, their salaries are paid by their provincial governments. LD's salary is paid by PLA, the national army, since he plays for the army.

It's not about how to split the prize money either, that money is almost nothing.

It's not about only Li-Ning sponsorship. Lin Dan alone, has more than 10 deals with world famous brands.

How much LD earns each year, please check the forbes
    http://www.forbeschina.com/review/li...055.shtml#jump

LD earned ¥ 22,000,000 (about $3.7million US Dollars) last year, even skipped most of the tournaments. Which tournament has a prize for one single player that much?