User Tag List

Page 242 of 294 FirstFirst ... 142 192 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 292 ... LastLast
Results 4,098 to 4,114 of 4993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that Lin Dan is getting tanner every time I see him play. Seems like the opposite of Michael Jackson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    Maybe a prototype from Li-Ning? There's also a rumor going around that Yonex has re-signed LD. Not sure how true can that be though since the CHN team is sponsored by Li-Ning.

Are you saying that LD is sponsored by Yonex ?

I don't think Li Ning would release LD to other competitor... LD is the national hero there....

Especially, considering China is the biggest badminton's market in the world..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuelkirk05 View Post
    I noticed that Lin Dan is getting tanner every time I see him play. Seems like the opposite of Michael Jackson
    Black is white and white is black or should I say yellow instead of white.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as far as I know he'd have to basically resign from the Natl team or at least pass on the salary as Li Ning has a contract with the whole Ntl team. Then, assuming he has no running individual contract, he'd be free to go with whatever brand he wants. Thing is that I don't really see him going that way as he's always been shown to be pretty patriotic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting theory this. Unlikely but not impossible. He's obviously patriotic but planning for the future and as he's nearing retirement and perhaps hoping to be a father I'm sure making as much money as he can to support his family would be more important to him now than his country - even though he's not short of a dollar or two already. As with many contracts, there's usually a "get out clause" somewhere... so although I honestly don't see him moving away from LN, I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Of all the Chinese players, I'd like to see FHF re-sponsored by Yonex again and make that snail pace 4XXkph smash record look amature! lol

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha that would be funny - Yonex would surely go haywire if they could get him to smash in those tests and find out just how much faster he can thunder the shuttle down than their previous mascots
    I really really doubt LD is gonna leave LN, I mean he already gets a lot of money from them, and it's not like he really needs to earn another cent to ensure his and his family's financial well-being...he already is a millionaire and if push came to shove could easily reduce his running costs by selling one or two things that run them high (like a Ferrari, for example ).
    That being said, I don't see him losing too much income, he's still a megastar in China. Coming to think of it, his Badminton equipment sponsorship is probably not even that much of his total income, he does a lot of other advertisements as well....so any company hoping to get him away from LN would have to dig very deep to make a real impact to make him consider it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patriotism can only go so far...ever heard of a rich gal/guy who said I have enough money so don't give me more or I do not want to make more money? Rich people doesn't give/throw money away, neither they stop wanting to get more, it is the exact opposite. Only fools do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Patriotism can only go so far...ever heard of a rich gal/guy who said I have enough money so don't give me more or I do not want to make more money? Rich people doesn't give/throw money away, neither they stop wanting to get more, it is the exact opposite. Only fools do.
    Thing is that his image is crucial, if he is suddenly not the patriotic Chinese anymore he might actually lose a few contracts with other companies as public view of him changes...so it's more than just his personal feelings that play a role in this...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all just rumours at the moment, seems like it includes Victor now too. Nothing concrete though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really really doubt he's gonna go with another brand. Pretty sure the Badminton Association will do their best to prevent it as well - the only Chinese player I know who split from the Ntl team sponsor is Chen Hong, and look how his career developed after that!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am beginning to think 2cents got it right with LD and LYB's clash on sponsorship money. If that was the case, we are deprived of great badminton by LYB's management style.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Fans:

I would like to check is Lin Dan start using N90 III White already ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lin Dan Fans: I heard that China team players although are sponsor by Li ning , but lin dan is still using Yonex string BG 65 , is it truth ?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't visited this thread for a long time. What 2cents wrote is quite plausible.

i remember a long time back, Dong Jiong and Sun Jun also wanted to get a better percentage of prize money. Basically, Li Yong Bo threw them out of the team. Sun Jun got back in but not Dong Jiong.

I am keeping an open mind on Lin Dan. I do think he's got something going on with sponsorship. Watch the gossip fly when something is announced.

I find it incredible he was able to win the world championship and think it was a great way to show LYB up. If Chen Long wasn't around, LYB would be in a real problem for TC.

This information puts me into doubt whether we will see LD in TC.

I have sympathy for LD. Didn't he follow team orders all the time including givng up the 2003 world championships semifinal.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Thanks jkkwongnz for your comments.

Let me straight out the factors which affect LD's decision to continue playing:

1. Money
    2. Glory of achievement
    3. Enjoy easy life instead of hardship

For Li YB, he only needs to consider
    1. Money
    2. Glory of achievement

Clearly, Lin Dan is still, by far, the best badminton player now. All true badminton fans like to watch him playing, but not the players. In fact, no player wants to play LD in any tournaments. Lee CW even protested and complained in public before WC. In fact, not only LCW, other CHN players, like Chen Long, Du PY, Wang ZM, especially Gao Huan and Chen Yuekun, not only they have less chance to win a tournament, but also they have to be kicked out the national team for a space for LD.

Usually, LYB should be happy because LD could bring more glory to him too. But since LD is too famous to control, and also they have already broke up on money issues. There are unsolved sponsorship if taking in LD into the national team. For commercial ads, Lin Dan might be more valuable than the rest of the entire national team.

That's the reason LYB had not wasted any chance to belittle LD before the WC. Not only rejected LD to play the Sudirman/Thomas cup, but also kicked LD out of the national team directly, and also claimed that LD's not competitive for professional badminton anymore, and would retire soon, or already retired.

Under these circumstances, LD changed his strategy to focus on the Chinese league. Since he's commercial ads mostly in China, so he gave up the international market which he rarely had any income. Fortunately, he's got a wild card unexpected, thus he's got more glory and money.

Now, by claiming playing Rio 2016, I think LD using this to threaten LYB. It is the least thing LYB likes to hear that LD wants to share more market share for badminton commercials. LD uses this to force LYB to negotiate with him to get more money and shares of sponsorship.

LYB had offered coach position to LD, obviously this was not what LD interested in currently. No fan's satisfied with that either, simply because LD is still the greatest player. By offering a job to LD, LYB loses nothing, but gains the total badminton sponsorship.

Most CHN players could accept the job offer for early retirement, such as Ji Xingpeng, Chen Jin, but not LD. He knew, as the greatest player, he should not be the one chasing after the job, instead, there's many better jobs chasing after him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB is a control freak.
    Just look at the talents left or decided can't work with him while he is in charge of the team.
    Li Lingwei, Li Mao, Han Jian, Yang Yang, Zhao Jianhua to name just a few

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I really really doubt he's gonna go with another brand. Pretty sure the Badminton Association will do their best to prevent it as well - the only Chinese player I know who split from the Ntl team sponsor is Chen Hong, and look how his career developed after that!
    LD will have nothing to lose by going to another sponsor since he has already been frozen out by LYB