User Tag List

Page 244 of 291 FirstFirst ... 144 194 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast
Results 4,132 to 4,148 of 4943
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @Accordaz , it's here (in Mandarin), thanks to pcll99 who first posted the link at Lee CW's thread http://gzdaily.dayoo.com/html/2013-1...nt_2426253.htm .

Cheung is right, a willingness to consider granting a wild card to Lin Dan for the 2014 WC as expressed by the BWF president is not the same as a promise to do so. I also fully concur with his view above, post #4131.

But,personally, I don't see why not and fully support the BWF president Larsen should he decide to do so when the time comes. Look how great the last WC turned out, need I say more !

Another reason which I hold is that a defending champion should have automatic qualification as is happening in quite a few professional sports/games. What's more, a true world champion is one who is able to beat all the best in the world and prove it by not avoiding him unless it's not his fault as when the best player is knocked out by someone else.

Anyway, much of this topic has already been discussed and debated elsewhere in the relevant threads listed by Cheung, no point covering the same ground here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have misused the word promise in the first sentence, but I know the difference.
    Whatever, even willingness is not fair.

The automatic qualification of the defending champion would be a fair option for all, yes. I would support this. This would result in using the wild card for that what it usually has to be used for: Talented players who couldn't qualify by a margin or by any other circumstances. And not for olympic and world champions who could qualify for the WC easily.

Of course it's a win situation for BWF, but on the other side: How about Fairplay?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just change the rule and give automatic qualification to the defending champion, whatever tournaments, case closed. And the defending champion can spend the whole year honeymooning.

Then give the wild card to other deserving players.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Every match in the World Championship was potentially LD's last match. I couldn't get to Guangzhou in the earlier days but I reckon the press were there in full force for every match for what was LD's potentially last ever match. The images I got of that final, to me, are worth a huge amount.

The wildcards are there for that purpose - to generate interest. If a huge talent can generate the same press interest as LD can, for sure that person will be considered for a wildcard. I think BWF also retain the right not to extend a wildcard as well.

So, the criteria is more about development of the game, marketing potential, sponsor potential etc for the tournament and game overall rather than the individual player.
    Last edited by Cheung; 11-15-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My goodness, we are still talking about the wild card?

The wild card question should be why BWF took the wild cards away from the hands of the host. As so happened, that change in the rule took place at the most inopportune time. If that change was made to handcuff China, it just backfired on BWF.

Just give the wild cards back to the tournament host as a reward. That's just a common custom in all sports.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Just change the rule and give automatic qualification to the defending champion, whatever tournaments, case closed. And the defending champion can spend the whole year honeymooning.

Then give the wild card to other deserving players.
    Agree! Should be better if BWF make a specific rules for defending-champion-automatic-qualifying for all disciplines (if they really planned something about this) rather than year by year we-awarding-it-to-anyone-can-attract-more-viewers thing. With solid rules then maybe this automatic qualifying thing could became more acceptable to any objected players and fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Agree! Should be better if BWF make a specific rules for defending-champion-automatic-qualifying for all disciplines (if they really planned something about this) rather than year by year we-awarding-it-to-anyone-can-attract-more-viewers thing. With solid rules then maybe this automatic qualifying thing could became more acceptable to any objected players and fans.
    Anyway next year China don't need LD for world Championship anymore as CL will be unbeatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    What is the black racket LD is using in CBSL ?
    that is adidas i think
    he is really want to be more david beckham hahahaha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come Lin dan use Adidas, I thought he sponsor by Li ning ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe adidas pay him higher than lining
    it is just my speculation btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    How come Lin dan use Adidas, I thought he sponsor by Li ning ?
    any pictures? very interesting )))

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no indication that's an adidas racket. It could just as well be a Li Ning prototype or basically any other racket/brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see

haha for a while I thought it's Adidas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without Doubt , Lin Dan is still using N90 1st gen , not N90 III or other brand~!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, there is actually cause for doubt - if he is actually still using the N90, there is no reason that comes to mind why he should be using an all-black version. But as I pointed out that doesn't necessarily mean he's using another brand, as it might just be a Li Ning prototype. On the other hand it is quite possible that it is another brand and he got a version to test which was painted to avoid it conflicting with his Li Ning contract.
    Personally I tend to believe it's a new Li Ning racket rather than him going independent, although he would have the status to do so...I also believe it wouldn't be a wise move by him to sever his ties with the National team as he would lose the extensive coaching team and sparring partners, and it would be nigh impossible to recreate those training conditions on his own, not to mention expensive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read in some bc forum, li ming having financial difficulties, even china open need victor to spomsor.maybe they have not pay Lin dan yet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    No, there is actually cause for doubt - if he is actually still using the N90, there is no reason that comes to mind why he should be using an all-black version. But as I pointed out that doesn't necessarily mean he's using another brand, as it might just be a Li Ning prototype. On the other hand it is quite possible that it is another brand and he got a version to test which was painted to avoid it conflicting with his Li Ning contract.
    Personally I tend to believe it's a new Li Ning racket rather than him going independent, although he would have the status to do so...I also believe it wouldn't be a wise move by him to sever his ties with the National team as he would lose the extensive coaching team and sparring partners, and it would be nigh impossible to recreate those training conditions on his own, not to mention expensive.
    Lin Dan is a member of Bayi team, the army's richest division. There are plenty of good shuttlers to spar with him, and many top-notch coach. He doesn't need the national team except to go on international tournament.