User Tag List

Page 246 of 315 FirstFirst ... 146 196 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 296 ... LastLast
Results 4,166 to 4,182 of 5345
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    He is relaxing with his wife..
    .....and making...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i wish it is a boy. imagine 20 yrs later, Lin Dan junior will still be kicking Lee Chong Wei junior's backside.
    Usually it is the opposite. This generation, it is Lin's, next generation, it will be Lee's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i wish it is a boy. imagine 20 yrs later, Lin Dan junior will still be kicking Lee Chong Wei junior's backside.
    if it is a girl. then dunno who will be on the backside lol

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone know where Lin Dan is? He hasn't participated in a tournament in a few months D:
    Look back a number of posts in this discussion thread!

And off signing new equipment contracts, maybe......not sure about this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read on badmintoncn. Rumour tt lin dan is going back to yonex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ah tat View Post
    Read on badmintoncn. Rumour tt lin dan is going back to yonex
    Revive Armortec..... Lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revive AT 700 OLD.... I so want this racket...just wishful thinking though, since Evil Empire will make a new racket sponsored for LD, if LD really returned to YY.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear badminton fans: Last N90 1st generation... Lin Dan rackets are available now , if interested , kindly proceed to 10 & 10 , or chris AMK , stock is limited !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by pcll99; 12-26-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD lost to THW.. quite a few unforced errors by Lin Dan.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a lucky chap is Tian Houwei, to be coached by none other than Grand Master Tang Xianhu in this match with Lin Dan. It might have contributed to THW's defeat of Lin Dan as the former has acknowledged.

Despite Lin Dan committing more than his fair share of errors, I'd say it's quite a good match on the whole, with several quality rallies at a fast pace. THW as usual displayed remarkable retrieving ability interspersed with incisive attacks whilst Lin Dan, whom as we know no longer goes for a ferocious attacking game, played more of a controlled game.

Pardon me, I can't help but say it again that Lin Dan is really pushing it when he chose to take another long break from active international competition immediately after the WC and it is beginning to affect him adversely though he might attribute this loss more to the shorter 11-point scoring system introducing greater uncertainty to the match outcome ( but I'd argue he could have won it in three sets at least instead of succumbing in two). I daresay he may possibly struggle a bit initially when he finally comes back to compete actively next year, say probably in March, as he said he would.

Personally, imho, it would have been much better if he had carried on the momentum from his hugely successful WC exploits which most likely would enable him to get back on track in the international arena smoothly, I believe. Well, it's not for me to say as he knows fully well where his priorities lie for which he has expressly made clear repeatedly that family comes first for him ever since the London Olympics.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131227/015569.htm

In Tang Xianhu's view, Tian Houwei beating Lin Dan is due to a certain degree of chance; after all, the 11-point scoring system is equivalent to playing half a normal (21-point) match, and Lin Dan these days hasn't been practising much. He added,"there is still a definite gap between Tian Houwei and players of Lin Dan's caliber. Self-confidence is most important but it's not always you can be that confident when handling every shot;tactics-wise, THW is also not very mature, have to constantly work on it through competition".

Regarding BWF's recent talk of considering changing the 21-point rally system, Tang Xianhu expressed disagreement. "Better not to change it, otherwise the match is too short,all of a sudden it's over. I feel that in the current 21-point system the match does not appear that much longer either!"

Even for Li Xuerui who lost her 2-set encounter with Liu Xin had to admit that based on the 11-point system, the match is over quickly, just some errors and you're lost. {Personally, I feel that LXR's weakness is her proneness to errors which makes her vulnerable}.

Incidentally, Lin Dan with that unexpected loss to Tian Houwei actually ended his 100% unbeaten record in his 4 years of the CBSL. Lin Dan attributed his defeat mainly to the 11-point system, G1 was still acceptable though he was unlucky to lose it; Tian Houwei, in his opinion, played well whereas he himself was too impatient and made too many inexplicable mistakes. He also said the 11-point system gave him added pressure, is intolerable to errors, and he couldn't understand how he lost G2 in particular.

Interestingly, Lin Dan revealed that he originally wanted to make the GER Open GPG next year as his comeback tournament but heard that CBA might give the event a miss and he is not sure whether, with his ranking points then, he is qualified to play at the All England. Nevertheless, he said he would abide by the rules and start accumulating ranking points.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , at least Lin dan is positive, he should start training again with the national team. And also start play more tournament accuulate more ranking points.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, not again. In 48 hours, Lin Dan suffered his second defeat, this time to 19-year-old Xue Song playing for Guangdong (not the same as Tian Houwei's Guangdong Century City) in 3 sets, going down 1:2, by the score of 6-11,11-6, and 10-12 in round 9 of the CBSL which led to BAYI losing the group tie 2-3 to Guangdong team on 28th Dec. http://sports.qq.com/a/20131228/005843.htm

LXR didn't play for BAYI this round, her place was taken by Qin Jingjing who, however, lost to Yao Xue of Guangdong in two sets, 11-8,11-6. Instead, LXR played in the 3v3 match and won it.

Not a good sign but a wake-up call for Lin Dan, I hope. As the saying goes, it never rains but it pours - first he was shocked by Tian Houwei in Round 8, next he was narrowly beaten by Xue Song in Round 9.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to long break after world championship , is the sign he suffer, Lin dan cannot relax, must keep training , or else his form will drop . End up not selected for national team , gone he goes/!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Due to long break after world championship , is the sign he suffer, Lin dan cannot relax, must keep training , or else his form will drop . End up not selected for national team , gone he goes/!
    He's not training with the national squad, but during his rest period, he does have a personal trainer for a minimum 2 hours workout, and he still work on his skills