User Tag List

Page 254 of 291 FirstFirst ... 154 204 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 4,302 to 4,318 of 4943
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Writing easier with right hand because if left, your hand would smear ink as you write.

Chopsticks easier with right hand, especially if sitting at a round table with others, otherwise whoever sits on your left will be fighting chopsticks with you with his right hand.

Cutting is easier with right hand, simply because of how scissors are designed to cut. Try cutting with your left hand and you'll realize what I mean.
    Thanks. All your points are valid but what about brushing the teeth? Will it depends on what type of teeth you have or how many teeth left?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Traditional Chinese families might force writing and using chopsticks with the right hand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Traditional Chinese families might force writing and using chopsticks with the right hand.
    Not anymore if you were born after 1960's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    He actually held the pair of scissors with his left hand. Wasn't there rumours saying he's actually right-handed but plays with his left hand? I guess that's not true then. Seems to be left-handed.
    left handers are more ambidextrous than right handers...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    So sure?

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    left handers are more ambidextrous than right handers...
    Yup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are drifting ever so slightly offtopic.....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Henzy View Post
    we are drifting ever so slightly offtopic.....
    Yup, because there's nothing to talk about LD nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Yup, because there's nothing to talk about LD nowadays.
    (Considering my question in this thread yesterday). Would that be because no one here really knows anything, or because he's currently not doing any progress on his tournament comeback?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeatherBlaster View Post
    Any "real news" about Lin Dan's comeback?

I can't read chinese web-pages, and that seems to be the only place to get news on Lin Dan....

I read that his first tournament appearances could have been as early as AllEngland Qualifier or Swiss Open Gold, but I have yet to see Lin Dan's name on a drawsheet.

I saw a couple of Chinese badminton league matches he played a couple of months back, and the exhibition match with LCW. But nothing else has surfaced.

I'm going to see a lot of the world championships (being played just 2 km from my home), so I'm curious to follow Lin Dan's comeback and chase for a wild card.

Any news, either on his physical training/condition or planned tournament appearances, are welcome!
    Hi, I see that you're new here, welcome aboard. If I were you, the first thing I'd do is to scour the pages of this Lin Dan thread and you'd probably find what you're looking for.

Anyway, Lin Dan's first comeback tournament will be the CHN Masters GPG next month, it's confirmed. Head Coach Li Yongbo has said he is slated to play about 10 tournaments this year including the Thomas Cup, the BAC (Badminton Asia Championships) and the Asian Games (team event , not individual). As his current ranking at 100+ doesn't qualify him for the Superseries tourneys, expect to see him play in some grand prix events for a start.

Happy hunting !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Hi, I see that you're new here, welcome aboard. If I were you, the first thing I'd do is to scour the pages of this Lin Dan thread and you'd probably find what you're looking for.

Anyway, Lin Dan's first comeback tournament will be the CHN Masters GPG next month, it's confirmed. Head Coach Li Yongbo has said he is slated to play about 10 tournaments this year including the Thomas Cup, the BAC (Badminton Asia Championships) and the Asian Games (team event , not individual). As his current ranking at 100+ doesn't qualify him for the Superseries tourneys, expect to see him play in some grand prix events for a start.

Happy hunting !
    Thanks for the info.

I've been reading here once in a while for the last two years, but not posted anything until now. I did try to locate the info here and on other pages, but it seemed to be info from late january with a plan that obviously was slipping a bit (or just was speculations).

Of course he can't (and won't) start playing in a SS tour the first time, so League matches, local (Chinese) tours, and then Grand Prix Gold tournaments seemed like the way forward. I had hoped to see him play Swiss Open for that reason.

I'd expect there's a high risk of seeing him forfeit during his first tour, as he did in 2013 coming off the olympic break building form for the WC. To not risk fatigue, injuries or a loss to someone who shouldn't beat him. Playing (and winning) 2-3 matches perhaps? (First tournament).

Looking forward to follow the progress, and I hope that ppl will post in this thread if any news on his physical reshaping or tournament match play surfaces (instead of just multiple pages of coffee shop openings, shiny suits, etc.).

:-)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan made RMB 30 million last year.

Li Na, the tennis player, made a whopping RMB 124.5 million!!

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-03-...07082329.shtml
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-24-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Lin Dan made RMB 30 million last year.

Li Na, the tennis player, made a whopping RMB 124.5 million!!

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-03-...07082329.shtml
    Four times as much as LD. LD must be thinking he should have took up tennis. But as a tennis player, I think Li Na has to pay many people in her team

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer
    I was one of those. When I was young, I would use my left hand for writing and eating but my dad "corrected" me thinking it was wrong. Not really tradition, but he just thought that was right (no pun intended!). And I was a late 70's baby!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to topic though.

Although I recognise the immense talent that is LD, I would be very surprised if he is able to sustain the level of play needed to compete against the likes of LCW and CL now.

It would be amazing if he wins at Rio and some major titles inbetween, but I think age will really work against him.

When you've been the best, you can only compare against your former self.

So who would win: 2008 LD vs 2014 LD ?? Discuss.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008 LD relied on speed. 2013 LD relied on high quality play (i.e. perfect shots). He adapted his game over the years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very few left-handers are totally left-hand. We (I am one) divide activities between the hands. Its true that using chopsticks with the left hand is not convienient, we get into fights.
    but left-hand scissors are on the market.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That 2008 LD was an incredible performance likely never to be repeated by any other human.