User Tag List

Page 4 of 298 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 5054
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedTheFarmer View Post
    I thought I covered it to be honest, but I'll say again. Being born with the structure to move quicker than other players is different than being born with the ability to use the badminton footwork better than other players. Being quicker is more generic and shouldn't really be applied directly to badminton talent. Footwork is the sequence of movements around the badminton court required to reach the shuttle in the shortest and more efficient amount of time. It is one of the most important, if not the most important, things to be able to do in singles badminton at that level.
    So you're saying LD is able to move quicker than other players like LCW but not reaching the shuttle quicker than other player like LCW????

  2. #53
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default oh my gosh...

    Quote Originally Posted by majyun View Post
    ...
    However, they are not as irritating as some of the LD fans here. The most recent case which really got on my nerves happened in the 11th China National Games-badminton Oct 11,2009 threads, where a fan girl made a remark which I find it hard to swallow.
    ...
    And boy I was so pissed when I read it but I was calm enough not to make a scene of this(I am glad this happened on the internet, not sure what would I have done to her if I see heard this from her in person) until I read another ridiculous post by another LD's fan... which prompt me to click on LD's thread for the first time.
    ...
    ..a fan girl???...*gaaaasp*i hope it's not the member which has the letters "s" and "n" as the initial and last letter in her screen-name...

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is an internet forum, members are from different
    countries with different culture backgrounds. Any event can
    be viewed many different ways, halt-empty or half-full, therefore an opinion can always be biased. We just need to agree to disagree,
    And we all have options to read. ignore, or read and ignore.
    I enjoy reading most posts if time allowed...

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedTheFarmer View Post
    I thought I covered it to be honest, but I'll say again. Being born with the structure to move quicker than other players is different than being born with the ability to use the badminton footwork better than other players. Being quicker is more generic and shouldn't really be applied directly to badminton talent. Footwork is the sequence of movements around the badminton court required to reach the shuttle in the shortest and more efficient amount of time. It is one of the most important, if not the most important, things to be able to do in singles badminton at that level.
    u r wrong. You can't say any of the top 5 or top 10 MS players have footwork needed improvement. In fact, lcw i think, has excellent excellent defensive skill and footwork, equal to or better than LD. The most important skill to have is mental smartness, as i've illustrated in my skillset pyramid in another thread. This is what separate LD from LCW. Footwork is nothing without some decent mental strength & smartness. LD movement look so easy on courts because he anticipate where the shuttle likely come back. This mental skill apply to all sports. gretzky (hockey player) is great because he can see further ahead where the puck will be going to than all other players. Saying LD has better footwork is too simplified, it is a after thought analysis/opinion. Anybody can be trained with good footwork. Mental smartness is not easily trained tho. That is why LCW is stuck at where he is now. I also said before that lcw is 'over trained' on footwork to the point of wrecking his knees. That is why lcw's committment to train harder and harder so he can beat LD on the next, next, and next tournament keep failing. Why? Because more and more training on footwork and strokes wouldn't help him to to beat LD but only to wear out his knees faster

    Let me disclose my view on lcw. Misbun and rashid need to train lcw's mental smartness, not footfook. LCW keep losing to LD because he is playing reaction badminton. He has no specific goal to his shots or any shots geared specifically to weaken LD where as LD has tactically shots keep controlling lcw which force lcw to play reactive badminton shots.

    On TH, TH has the on court smartness but lack the stamina to fulfill his plan.

    The only MS player right now who has the complete set of skills is LD.
    Last edited by cooler; 10-28-2009 at 04:13 PM.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Ted means LCW has smoother footwork...while LD has more rough-looking but efficient footwork, considering how he can suddenly increase pace and move as fast as LCW.

    I dont' LD's that talented at all, but he is extremely hard working. The way his game has matured since 2004 is simply crazy....he started off as a one dimensional player into an intelligent player who can find open spots extremely fast and change pace by himself. LCW....can go fast but makes mistakes and doesn't dictate pace enough.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    I think Ted means LCW has smoother footwork...while LD has more rough-looking but efficient footwork, considering how he can suddenly increase pace and move as fast as LCW.

    I dont' LD's that talented at all, but he is extremely hard working. The way his game has matured since 2004 is simply crazy....he started off as a one dimensional player into an intelligent player who can find open spots extremely fast and change pace by himself. LCW....can go fast but makes mistakes and doesn't dictate pace enough.
    u make contradictory comment: LD is not talented at all but he can do this and that, and is the winningest player. Can i ask u, if not KD, who is the most talented MS out there now?
    Last edited by cooler; 10-28-2009 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    LCW....can go fast but makes mistakes and doesn't dictate pace enough.
    can we term this as reckless driving?
    my question is, what good is speed when u don't know where ur going or aiming at?
    Last edited by cooler; 10-28-2009 at 04:38 PM.

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u make contradictory comment: LD is not talented at all but he can do this and that, and is the winningest player. Can i ask u, if not KD, who is the most talented MS out there now?
    You don't have to be talented if you work hard and learn fast

    I'll say that he is very talented, but others like LCW and Taufik are more so. However, Taufik is not motivated, bad fitness, he's coasting. LCW has bad mental toughness. LD comes out on top because he works hard, learns fast, and in the end becomes the best player and thus wins all of the tournaments, major titles, etc.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    You don't have to be talented if you work hard and learn fast

    I'll say that he is very talented, but others like LCW and Taufik are more so. However, Taufik is not motivated, bad fitness, he's coasting. LCW has bad mental toughness. LD comes out on top because he works hard, learns fast, and in the end becomes the best player and thus wins all of the tournaments, major titles, etc.
    isn't learning fast is a mental smartness characteristic? Don't tell me players below LD is not hardworking.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Somewhat footwork related, I am amazed by LD's ability to
    'fish' dive to reach for a shuttle cock and bounce right
    back up to resume playing. Many players do 'fish' dive, but
    the ability to bounce right back up requires strong legs and
    knees support. I doubt LCW will do that in his future matches
    sine his knee was injured...

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lancs,Eng
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's try not let this get out of hand, a couple of posts now I've seen people saying "You're wrong", don't forget that this is a forum and different opinions should be considered and respected. If you disagree with someone simply make your point known rather than blatently say someone is wrong please.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedTheFarmer View Post
    Let's try not let this get out of hand, a couple of posts now I've seen people saying "You're wrong", don't forget that this is a forum and different opinions should be considered and respected. If you disagree with someone simply make your point known rather than blatently say someone is wrong please.
    fair enough....

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    You don't have to be talented if you work hard and learn fast

    I'll say that he is very talented, but others like LCW and Taufik are more so. However, Taufik is not motivated, bad fitness, he's coasting. LCW has bad mental toughness. LD comes out on top because he works hard, learns fast, and in the end becomes the best player and thus wins all of the tournaments, major titles, etc.
    You are talking crazy now, first of all you are saying that LCW and Taufik is more talented . Then you are saying that Taufik is not motivated in playing, thats an outrageous statement. and how can you say that LCW have bad mental toughness when he is No 1 in the world (against LD he might but other than that he is as tough as anybody) !!!

    But I would agree your last point about Lin Dan , I also wanted to add that LD is an extremely intelligent player on the court , has good reflexes, and smooth footwork !

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedTheFarmer View Post
    I thought I covered it to be honest, but I'll say again. Being born with the structure to move quicker than other players is different than being born with the ability to use the badminton footwork better than other players. Being quicker is more generic and shouldn't really be applied directly to badminton talent. Footwork is the sequence of movements around the badminton court required to reach the shuttle in the shortest and more efficient amount of time. It is one of the most important, if not the most important, things to be able to do in singles badminton at that level.
    Hang on ! are you saying moving and being quicker on court is genetic and thats something innate , so it doesnt matter how hard other players try they just wont be quick on the court and therefore it is a disadvantage ! Also are you trying to say that if a player has the gene to be quick , they wouldnt need to have smooth footwork around court to win matches

    However, I agree with your statement about footwork as being most important aspect in single matches , along with physical and mental fitness.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    You are talking crazy now, first of all you are saying that LCW and Taufik is more talented . Then you are saying that Taufik is not motivated in playing, thats an outrageous statement. and how can you say that LCW have bad mental toughness when he is No 1 in the world (against LD he might but other than that he is as tough as anybody) !!!

    But I would agree your last point about Lin Dan , I also wanted to add that LD is an extremely intelligent player on the court , has good reflexes, and smooth footwork !
    I'll just highlight LCW and Taufik's better netplay from 2007 and before before LD caught up, and Taufik's monster backhand which LD doesn't have, and LCW's trickiness and deception. Taufik's motivation....I'll let his 2008 TC performance in Jakarta explain that... Anyways, LD back then only had smash smash smash....though he has developed into a much better player now (well obviously, he won OG, 3x WC, tons of SS tourneys..etc). I'll also highlight that LD is mostly a hard worker....apperanately it was mentioned during the 2006 WC that even on Sundays (holiday), he comes to training to practise footwork, and preparing for the 2008 OG he was training nonstop, 3 on 1 training, etc. Even XXF was worrying!

    LCW's mental toughness...I'll just let his 2006, 2007, 2009 WC failures explain themselves....he was WR # 1 during 2006 and 2009 too. And the OG final...I admit that LD was inhuman and insane that time, but I also think that LCW gave up too soon.

    Let me finally clarify that I like all 3 players...just that I you can't ignore their failures when trying to explain who is "ideally best"
    Last edited by Athelete1234; 10-28-2009 at 08:28 PM.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staiger View Post
    Hang on ! are you saying moving and being quicker on court is genetic and thats something innate , so it doesnt matter how hard other players try they just wont be quick on the court and therefore it is a disadvantage ! Also are you trying to say that if a player has the gene to be quick , they wouldnt need to have smooth footwork around court to win matches

    However, I agree with your statement about footwork as being most important aspect in single matches , along with physical and mental fitness.
    footwork smoothness is a subjective quality.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    I'll just highlight LCW and Taufik's better netplay from 2007 and before before LD caught up, and Taufik's monster backhand which LD doesn't have, and LCW's trickiness and deception. Taufik's motivation....I'll let his 2008 TC performance in Jakarta explain that... Anyways, LD back then only had smash smash smash....though he has developed into a much better player now (well obviously, he won OG, 3x WC, tons of SS tourneys..etc). I'll also highlight that LD is mostly a hard worker....apperanately it was mentioned during the 2006 WC that even on Sundays (holiday), he comes to training to practise footwork, and preparing for the 2008 OG he was training nonstop, 3 on 1 training, etc. Even XXF was worrying!

    LCW's mental toughness...I'll just let his 2006, 2007, 2009 WC failures explain themselves....he was WR # 1 during 2006 and 2009 too. And the OG final...I admit that LD was inhuman and insane that time, but I also think that LCW gave up too soon.

    Let me finally clarify that I like all 3 players...just that I you can't ignore their failures when trying to explain who is "ideally best"
    majyun the CJ fan think CJ is a harder worker than LD. LCW fans think LCW is the hardest working. I tell u this, there a 1000's waiting at LYB's front door hoping to join the china national team that are all hard workers. Hard working is just 1 neccessary attribute to have to be a pro. To be the top or the best, one need much more than just hard working. Actually, LD is slacking off since 08 OG and yet, he still can wax off lcw, psh, pg, sdk, etc
    Last edited by cooler; 10-28-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Page 4 of 298 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •