User Tag List

Page 5 of 315 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 5345
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    I'll just highlight LCW and Taufik's better netplay from 2007 and before before LD caught up, and Taufik's monster backhand which LD doesn't have, and LCW's trickiness and deception. Taufik's motivation....I'll let his 2008 TC performance in Jakarta explain that... Anyways, LD back then only had smash smash smash....though he has developed into a much better player now (well obviously, he won OG, 3x WC, tons of SS tourneys..etc). I'll also highlight that LD is mostly a hard worker....apperanately it was mentioned during the 2006 WC that even on Sundays (holiday), he comes to training to practise footwork, and preparing for the 2008 OG he was training nonstop, 3 on 1 training, etc. Even XXF was worrying!
    so, if i start training more than LD by including christmas day, both new year day AND chinese new year day, and practice 4 on 1, could that assure me to beat LD one day?

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    so, if i start training more than LD by including christmas day, both new year day AND chinese new year day, and practice 4 on 1, could that assure me to beat LD one day?
    Not sure, but you might be able to for LCW if LYB is there to "break his legs"

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    The way his game has matured since 2004 is simply crazy....he started off as a one dimensional player into an intelligent player who can find open spots extremely fast and change pace by himself. LCW....can go fast but makes mistakes and doesn't dictate pace enough.
    Totally agree. I wasn't very interested in LD's game until recently. He is certainly a very powerful player and could rely on rote power to win his games -- not so interesting to watch. I doubt its "lack of talent or intelligence" but rather "he can afford to". In a way, cooler is correct that nobody actually beats LD. You just stay in the rally long enough for LD to murder himself with his impatience.

    He has evolved into a player with very very vast expanse. He is a lot more patient. OG2008 was a showcase of what this very very fast and powerful player is capable of. He showed complete dominance and dictated the game right from the start. AE2009 shows a new dimension. He won most of the long rallies that LCW tried to pull.

    Quote Originally Posted by ytyang View Post
    Somewhat footwork related, I am amazed by LD's ability to
    'fish' dive to reach for a shuttle cock and bounce right
    back up to resume playing.
    He doesn't just resume playing. He comes back in time to attack. That's scary fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    And the OG final...I admit that LD was inhuman and insane that time, but I also think that LCW gave up too soon.
    Really, what can he do? LD was in a much faster car than LCW and had more fuel. LCW was already playing his fastest game but LD was just so much faster. To top it off, LCW's block defenses mostly got netkill'ed by LD (who just landed from a baseline smash).

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    HCM
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If LD could not do it, who the hell on the earth can do it???

  5. #73
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s3160717 View Post
    If LD could not do it, who the hell on the earth can do it???
    do what? nobody is perfect in this world though

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    so, if i start training more than LD by including christmas day, both new year day AND chinese new year day, and practice 4 on 1, could that assure me to beat LD one day?
    well , that depends who you training 4 on 1 with . and if you willing to train without taking a tea-break !

    But back to the point about putting hard work into practice, I seen so many district players in china , all of those are very talented with no weaknesses in their game. It is just a matter of determination and pure persistant they lack that separate them from an opportunity to have a chance within the national team. Any player within the team that doesnt put 100% in , then they will be out of the door quicker than they can say 'dil'.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL, regardless of training, the day a 50 yr old office worker can beat LD is........errrr.....lemme get back on that

    All these argument about hardworking is silly. Talent can only carry you so far. Even the most talented player in the world will still need to put the necessary amount of time and commitment in order to transfer all those talent to tangible result.

    You can make the argument that all of the top ranked players = hard working players.
    Last edited by badadum; 10-29-2009 at 04:14 PM.

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    LOL, regardless of training, the day a 50 yr old office worker can beat LD is........errrr.....lemme get back on that

    All these argument about hardworking is silly. Talent can only carry you so far. Even the most talented player in the world will still need to put the necessary amount of time and commitment in order to transfer all those talent to tangible result.

    You can make the argument that all of the top ranked players = hard working players.
    For a player like LD, either talent or hardworking by itself is enough, it must be a combination of both.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sukabumi,Indonesia
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lin dan has won 3 time for world championship, i think he'll be the legend in badminton men single

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post

    LCW's mental toughness...I'll just let his 2006, 2007, 2009 WC failures explain themselves....he was WR # 1 during 2006 and 2009 too. And the OG final...I admit that LD was inhuman and insane that time, but I also think that LCW gave up too soon.
    to beat a man phyiscally is much easier than to devoid a man's hope.....

  11. #79
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,069
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    congrats Lin Dan won his first ever French Open title, XXF is waiting for his present from France. Haha...

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup Lin D wins it quite easily ...

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diana_19 View Post
    lin dan has won 3 time for world championship, i think he'll be the legend in badminton men single
    he IS a legend alr DDDDDD

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe Lin dan is better than Zhao Jian hua, Sun Jun, & Yang Yang ,bros here agreed ?

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LD's current dominance

    can be easily explained without claiming "great improvement" in LD's techniques etc.

    Let's compare LD and CY/FHF. Why is LD dominating while CY/FHF is not? Let's check.

    When they appear in the world scene in 2003, their major opponents are

    For LD: CH, XXZ (China); LHI (Korea); PG (Denmark); TH (Indonesia).
    For CY/FHF: Candra,Sigit,Tony (Indonesia); Kim/Ha (Korea); LP/JR, YE/MLH (Denmark); CTF/LWW (Malaysia).

    5 years later, naturally these opponents are getting old and not at the same level as before, many even have retired. So let's see how many new opponents at the similar level have appeared.

    For LD: LCW (Malaysia).
    For CY/FHF: MK/HS (Indonesia); JJS/LYD (Korea); KKK/TBH (Malaysia).

    It's pretty clear why LD is dominating while CY/FHF is not. If there are no MK/HS and JJS/LYD, CY/FHF would be much more dominant, similar to LD.
    Last edited by ye333; 11-02-2009 at 11:02 AM.

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan's court coverage is mind-boggling. He walks around. I guess he's very good at limiting his opponent's options with their return, so he already knows where he has to go as soon as he hits his shot.

  17. #85
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    can be easily explained without claiming "great improvement" in LD's techniques etc.

    Let's compare LD and CY/FHF. Why is LD dominating while CY/FHF is not? Let's check.

    When they appear in the world scene in 2003, their major opponents are

    For LD: CH, XXZ (China); LHI (Korea); PG (Denmark); TH (Indonesia).
    For CY/FHF: Candra,Sigit,Tony (Indonesia); Kim/Ha (Korea); LP/JR, YE/MLH (Denmark); CTF/LWW (Malaysia).

    5 years later, naturally these opponents are getting old and not at the same level as before, many even have retired. So let's see how many new opponents at the similar level have appeared.

    For LD: LCW (Malaysia).
    For CY/FHF: MK/HS (Indonesia); JJS/LYD (Korea); KKK/TBH (Malaysia).

    It's pretty clear why LD is dominating while CY/FHF is not. If there are no MK/HS and JJS/LYD, CY/FHF would be much more dominant, similar to LD.
    In those earlier years, LD is not as complete as he is now.
    Even though he was still dominant, but not to todays extent. He is definitely much better than the new and upcoming players nowadays comparing at the same age.
    Just like TH compared to CL at the same age.

Page 5 of 315 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •