User Tag List

Page 55 of 291 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 105 155 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I wasn't actually directing it at anyone, I had just quoted your "do you think it's funny" part, so that I could post this, if it caused offence then I am sorry, however what I have said is true, if you look at the biggest event in the sport, the Olympic Games, LCW was comprehensively beaten 21-12 21-8, now every player in the world were competing on this event, would have been training for this event since they took up the sport.
    And when the 27.2% of Malaysian traffic on this forum, said, LCW is going to win, as LD isn't playing well, he is off form, well LD clearly proved them wrong as usual.

Oh and I don't think you can claim LCW is the most popular player, there is more members from Malaysia do their is bound to be more threads about Malaysia players, that is common sense.
    its ok we make mistakes, i try not to offend members with my posts and hope i also don't get offended!

yes what you have said most of us can see about lin dan especially his last win in the tuc10, its no new news anymore

as for lcw's popularity it was a last minute thought that i wrote in my post after seeing so many post in one of his thread along.

it was based on that i take the assumption there are more people talking about him because there are more post and thread.

then of course came the googler, protector and bodyguard of lin dan and he posted me a wrong one, a survey plus lots of nasty remarks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Btw, speaking of facts, this is what i found:

The number of BWF sanctioned tournaments (individual or team tourneys) played/participated between LD and LCW (from beginning of 2009 til now):
    LCW = 18 tourneys
    LD = 11 tourneys

And we all wonder why LCW has more WR pts than LD...or LD has less WR pts than LCW..
    But Chris, aren't the number of tournaments irrelevant when WR points are totalled from the 10 best tournaments played in a 52 week period?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.it's irrelevant but it shows LCW had more opportunities to play in comparison to LD..LCW had nearly twice the amt of tourneys to participate in and collect pts (and titles)...Yes, i know it's not his fault...Just showing the stats...
    Now, if both had the same number of tourneys to play with, then there's no argument (at least from me)..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.it's irrelevant but it shows LCW had more opportunities to play in comparison to LD..LCW had nearly twice the amt of tourneys to participate in and collect pts (and titles)...Yes, i know it's not his fault...Just showing the stats...
    Now, if both had the same number of tourneys to play with, then there's no argument (at least from me)..
    I'm afraid that's not something LCW or LD can control. BAM sends LCW out, he goes. Ditto for LD and CBA. The point, and bottom line is BWF determines how ranking points are collected. So it's a fact that both LD and LCW play under these same rules and the points collected reflect their current rankings. No need to speculate or throw in ifs and buts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^of course we or ld or lcw can't control..^^

..i already understood the first part.
    Sure, they play under the same rules and points collected reflect their current rankings. But did they play in the same number of tourneys?..
    Simply, LCW can garner more pts (and titles), esp. without the presence of LD, by playing in more tourneys. Same thing if we reverse it, put LD in LCW's shoes. And we know who LCW's chief adversary is..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I'm afraid that's not something LCW or LD can control. BAM sends LCW out, he goes. Ditto for LD and CBA. The point, and bottom line is BWF determines how ranking points are collected. So it's a fact that both LD and LCW play under these same rules and the points collected reflect their current rankings. No need to speculate or throw in ifs and buts.
    You got your points of arguments and facts right. The problem is someone keep on staying in the state of denial. If that being the case, better save your breath.

Its getting very dizzy going in circles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Chris, aren't the number of tournaments irrelevant when WR points are totalled from the 10 best tournaments played in a 52 week period?
    That's what I have been trying to get across to him(on top of asking him to give a little more credit to other players) through my previous posts. But, it seems that I am just wasting my time. I think you can spend your time in something more constructive as well.

- So, what do 13 and 9 tourneys mean?..why do they have to put and show them there?? what's the purpose?..
    If you have doubt, do your own calculation. I have explained enough on this. As for your question, kindly ask the one who programmed the website(i.e. BWF) thank you.

- On LD losing to BCL in this yr's AE, 1 word: motivation.
    Are you LD? How do you know? Can't it be the other way round(i.e. BCL found his motivation in this AE and decided enough is enough)? Fact is LD lost. Get over with it and don't make LD look like a sore loser by giving excuses like lack of motivation.

- Your 4 points are already well known & nothing new. But the fact is, LD has played in less tourneys than LCW in the last yr; forget abt the 10 tourneys taken into consideration for the WR pts. And playing in less tourneys robs LD a chance to gain more pts (maybe even titles). What does that tell you abt the ranking pts between LD and LCW? That's the whole point.

That's LD's choice for not competing in more tournaments. And I seriously have no interest in arguing who should be the "real WR1" issue.
    All I know is, under the current BWF ranking system, LCW come out as top. Those are statistic set by BWF, if you have a problem, vent it out to BWF(not me as I have accept their standard). Again, I have no interest in knowing what you think the standard should be or whether LD/LCW should have the same no. of tournaments.

- And please, i already mentioned it's just a tease, tongue in cheek by using mentioning LD is "generous" and a "nice fellow". Oh, and tell your buddy pBm to read carefully what i wrote abt LD being "generous" and a "nice fellow". You guys need to relax and take a chill pill...
    ************************************************** **********************************
    ..on the other hand, i'm glad LCW is WR #1. Imagine if he's no.2 or no.3. How would all of his die-hard supporters go to sleep at night (or in the morning, i know it's already morning in M'sia)?? This forum is probably gonna get less traffic..At least they have something to cheer on when they go to sleep................and when they wake up the next morning..
    Tease? Oh please...Probably that's a NA thingie, but it sounds more like thrash talking to me(at least or trying to pick up a fight from where I am from).
    Of course, you can try to act cool and pretend that everyone else is over-reacting since you are not at the receiving end. This is just like you spanking someone and asking them to take a chill pill. Do you think it will work?
    Fact is: after you posted all those provocative comments like the one in italics(from another thread) and all those negative comments you have on Taufik Hidayat a few months ago, have you considered what LCW and TH fans will feel after reading this? Have you not being taught the value of being considerate in school?

Anyway, you don't have to answer any of my question. If you think what you did was alright, carry on. I won't comment any further as this will be my last post on this issue.
    Last edited by majyun; 06-04-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its ok, majyun, let it be. actually i pm him the same thing and i think we won't have this discussion anymore

have a good day! cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majyun View Post
    If you have doubt, do your own calculation. I have explained enough on this. As for your question, kindly ask the one who programmed the website(i.e. BWF) thank you.

Are you LD? How do you know? Can't it be the other way round(i.e. BCL found his motivation in this AE and decided enough is enough)? Fact is LD lost. Get over with it and don't make LD look like a sore loser by giving excuses like lack of motivation.
    Fact is: after you posted all those provocative comments like the one in italics(from another thread) and all those negative comments you have on Taufik Hidayat a few months ago, have you considered what LCW and TH fans will feel after reading this? Have you not being taught the value of being considerate in school?
    - No explanation on my question on how & why they put 13 & 9 in there?...Those numbers show LCW has played in 13 tourneys going back to a yr ago and 9 tourneys going back to a yr ago.
    - It's simple. Between the 2010 AE and 2010 TC, i'm sure you can see LD's level of motivation. That's my whole point.
    - Fact is: there are people who will be sensitive to other people's comments. But please, am i saying those to you personally? Btw, you're not the only who are sensitive. Learn how to live with it and don't get over-excited or over-worked by such things!
    Btw, speaking of facts, this is what i found:

The number of BWF sanctioned tournaments (individual or team tourneys) played/participated between LD and LCW (from beginning of 2009 til now):
    LCW = 18 tourneys
    LD = 11 tourneys

And we all wonder why LCW has more WR pts than LD...or LD has less WR pts than LCW..
    I'd like to rectifty my stats above:
    LCW has played in 18 tourneys since beginning of 2010 til now.
    LD has played in 12 (not 11) tourneys since beginning of 2010 til now.

I'll add a few more to back up my point:
    Out of the 18 BWF sanctioned tourneys (individual & team tourneys) LCW played from beginning of 2009 til now:
    - He has met LD on 5 occasions ('09 AE, '09 Swiss Open, '09 SC, '09 China Masters & '10 TC). The head to head record: 4-1 in favor of LD.
    - Both have played together in a same tourney 9 times (in addition to above tourneys, '09 Indonesia Open, '09 WC, '09 China Open, '10 AE). Their records: LCW went on to win 3 of those and LD went on to win 6 of those (2 are team events).
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-04-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's quite unfair to LCW... We all know that LD got "very very very tired" from playing 7 or 8 tournaments in the second half of year 2009. Now imagine what would happen if he plays 18 tournaments in a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, what would happen if LD played in 18 tourneys??..are you suggesting he will lose even more?..another assumption just like mine..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you be sure that LD can still keep the same level of motivation if he keeps playing tournaments without rest, like LCW?

- It's simple. Between the 2010 AE and 2010 TC, i'm sure you can see LD's level of motivation. That's my whole point.
    - Fact is: there are people who will be sensitive to other people's comments. But please, am i saying those to you personally? Btw, you're not the only who are sensitive. Learn how to live with it and don't get over-excited or over-worked by such things!

I'd like to rectifty my stats above:
    LCW has played in 18 tourneys since beginning of 2010 til now.
    LD has played in 12 (not 11) tourneys since beginning of 2010 til now.

I'll add a few more to back up my point:
    Out of the 18 BWF sanctioned tourneys (individual & team tourneys) LCW played from beginning of 2009 til now:
    - He has met LD on 5 occasions ('09 AE, '09 Swiss Open, '09 SC, '09 China Masters & '10 TC). The head to head record: 4-1 in favor of LD.
    - Both have played together in a same tourney 9 times (in addition to above tourneys, '09 Indonesia Open, '09 WC, '09 China Open, '10 AE). Their records: LCW went on to win 3 of those and LD went on to win 6 of those (2 are team events).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just assumption. It has facts behind it. We all see LD's form at the end of 2009, and he himself said the reason is that he is "very very very tired".

And then he got some rest by skipping the first two tournaments. Uh-Oh, not enough. OK, two more months of rest and calling back TSF. So During the past half year, LD only performed great in one tournament. What's the logical conclusion?

yes, what would happen if LD played in 18 tourneys??..are you suggesting he will lose even more?..another assumption just like mine..
    Last edited by ye333; 06-04-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    How can you be sure that LD can still keep the same level of motivation if he keeps playing tournaments without rest, like LCW?
    ..who mentioned LD can still keep the same level of motivation if he keeps playing tournaments without rest??..
    All i did was to show the amt of tourneys LD participated in, in comparison to LCW.
    And even in the time/tourneys they both met, LD still had the upper hand. Or you're suggesting LCW played in more tourneys thus he was more spent than LD when they met and then lost??
    It's not just assumption. It has facts behind it. We all see LD's form at the end of 2009, and he himself said the reason is that he is "very very very tired".

And then he got some rest by skipping the first two tournaments. Uh-Oh, not enough. OK, two more months of rest and calling back TSF. So During the past half year, LD only performed great in one tournament. What's the logical conclusion?
    Are you referring to his EAG result vs. CHJ??..
    What is the logical conclusion?......how about motivation (for whatever reasons)? or lack of it??..he's Mr. Nice Guy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, a lot of facts behind it and i can tell you or even any other coach, lin dan will be burn out in 12 months if he play 18 tournaments!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majyun View Post
    That's what I have been trying to get across to him(on top of asking him to give a little more credit to other players) through my previous posts. But, it seems that I am just wasting my time. I think you can spend your time in something more constructive as well.

motivation.

That's LD's choice for not competing in more tournaments. And I seriously have no interest in arguing who should be the "real WR1" issue.
    All I know is, under the current BWF ranking system, LCW come out as top. Those are statistic set by BWF, if you have a problem, vent it out to BWF(not me as I have accept their standard). Again, I have no interest in knowing what you think the standard should be or whether LD/LCW should have the same no. of tournaments.

hmm, LD (and lcw) have no choice of what tournaments to compete versus that's LD's choice for not competing in more tournaments. Two different views from the same camp. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cooler, do you think lin dan can participate in 18 tournaments?