User Tag List

Page 57 of 294 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 107 157 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    He won the German open and the All England in 07 .
    yes, but this time this is no german open but may-august china super league and the year is 2010.

and if lin dan could make it, winning the wc despite such a short training, i would say he is awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes, but this time this is no german open but may-august china super league and the year is 2010.

and if lin dan could make it, winning the wc despite such a short training, i would say he is awesome
    Why can't LD perform? the China badminton league only have a match per week and LD can train during the rest of the week. This is just like training hard for 5 days and go for a stretch up on saturday morning in a week. I don't see how that's going to affect his form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Why can't LD perform? the China badminton league only have a match per week and LD can train during the rest of the week. This is just like training hard for 5 days and go for a stretch up on saturday morning in a week. I don't see how that's going to affect his form.
    at first i also thought so until i read from the press lyb says he is worried

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Someone above suggested adding 9200 to LD's points and compare to LCW's current points. I think it's a fair way. I don't see how playing 18 tournaments per year will result in higher "per-tournament" points than selectively playing 10, especially for a player who is already in his late 20s.
    Sure, he can play in 18 tournaments of the year. Why not??..I mean he wasn't injured as to hamper him from playing at all or anything, was he? Just plain "very, very, very, very tired". I mean, a "very, very, very, very tired" LD managed to reach the EAG Final anyways, didn't he?...
    How about this, you give LD the benefit of the doubt and just say he would perform his best in all those 18 tourneys. What would you get?
    My point in showing LCW played in more tourneys than LD is to point out that LCW had more opportunities to gain higher pts in a tourney, esp. if LD was absent or if LCW didn't have to meet LD. And we all know what LD's record vs. LCW is..
    Also, in the current MS ranking list, LCW played in 4 extra BWF sanctioned tourneys (in total he had 9 SS, 3 more SS and 1 more GPG type tourney than LD).
    LD, on the other hand played only in 6 SS during the same span of yr. Again, let's give the benefit of the doubt to LD if he were to play in the additional 3 more SS and 1 more GPG. Let's see how he would perform.
    I don't really care whether LD will win those 3 tourneys he attends or not. That's not my point. My point is, let's have an even steven amt of tourneys to compare both players. If LD turned out to play in the same amt of tourneys (and SS) as LCW, during the same span of period, but gets less total pts, then i would have no argument.
    I hope you get my point..
    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I don't think Lin Dan has ever won a back-to-back tourney...but do correct me if I am wrong. IF Lin Dan do win the Asian Games Team & Individual Gold Medals....I would say that he has completed his Grand Slam of titles.
    It depends how and what you mean by "back-to-back" tourneys:
    - Has he won a back to back tourney, not dependent on one week after another and not dependent if they were SS or GP or GPG? Yes, he has. In fact, many times.
    - Has he won back-to-back SS tourneys? No, he hasn't.
    - Has he won back-to-back GP or GPG tourneys? Yes, he has. A few times if i recall.
    - Has he won back-to-back tourneys, one week after the other? Yes, he has. In fact a few times.
    - Lin Dan won the Team Gold in the 2006 AG. But he didn't do so for the Individual Gold. Or are you interested to see him win both at the same time this time around??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-05-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very funny..LOL
    LD's fans argued last time that being WR 1 and winning more SS were more important and mocked OLYMPIC as the fields ar not as tough as SS...(for those who have short memories )
    But they dont know that you can lose SS and can win SS in next 10 times in a year and not much pressure..but OLYMPIC comes in every 4 year and the PRESSURE is BIG ( this is what players say)
    When LD won Olympic and decided not to play more tournaments and not care of being WR 1..suddenly LD's fans agree and getting big titles in big events are more important..sound familiar??
    Now they mock WR 1 player and a player is willing to promote badminton than a player promoting a BRAND..

I am wondering ..lets say if LCW wins Olympic,..LD's fans will argue that OLYMPIC wont be important than winning All Englad, and SS...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why doesn't lin dan play the same tournament as lcw?

can he or can he not?

well, he never get injured playing 10 as one of us may say and this one of us may be right!

so if this one of us is smart because just by calculating playing the same tournaments as lcw, lin dan can be world #1 again

that leaves us to:

1/ either lyb and the whole china national team are not that bright or
    2/ the one saying he can play all the tournament as lcw is not that bright

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if not injured, who thinks LD can't play in as many tourneys as LCW?? seriously...raise your hands..
    is it because he can't or doesn't want to(for whatever reasons) or he's limited by LYB and the coaches??..
    if LYB and the coaches allow LD to play in as many tourneys as he wants, why can't he??..
    nothing to do with just calculating pts just by playing. it's having the opportunity/chance to play in as many tourneys..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    This is very funny..LOL
    LD's fans argued last time that being WR 1 and winning more SS were more important and mocked OLYMPIC as the fields ar not as tough as SS...(for those who have short memories )
    But they dont know that you can lose SS and can win SS in next 10 times in a year and not much pressure..but OLYMPIC comes in every 4 year and the PRESSURE is BIG ( this is what players say)
    When LD won Olympic and decided not to play more tournaments and not care of being WR 1..suddenly LD's fans agree and getting big titles in big events are more important..sound familiar??
    Now they mock WR 1 player and a player is willing to promote badminton than a player promoting a BRAND..

I am wondering ..lets say if LCW wins Olympic,..LD's fans will argue that OLYMPIC wont be important than winning All Englad, and SS...
    ya rudy, sure sound familiar

what could be the reason? suddenly not an epidemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only 2 hands up, ctjcad

and happens to be yours for surrendering lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let us wait & see what shows up when the MS WR list shows both LCW and LD having played the same amt of BWF sanctioned tourneys, hopefully in the near future. I believe that should show and indicate the real & true ranking..

*btw, i was looking through both LCW and LD's WR pts list and i noticed LCW got more pts than LD in the TC, eventhough LD scalped the fella??..can someone explain??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-05-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so now its not the why can't play many tournaments discussion but the points for real & true ranking and in the near future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so now its not the why can't play many tournaments discussion but the points for real & true ranking and in the near future?
    I wanted to pop that question but like I said you are fast.

So after 2 days of not so constructive debates with this fella, what conclusions had you draw on him? Dont tell me yours is the same like mine...

On side note, I bought some grapes today and all was sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like playing cards, if one plays with the same group of people over time, the chances of an upper ehand will effectively diminish due to familiarity of style and frequent chances to improve strategecally upon those encounters. Thus, it might be a sound idea to alienate from players or competitors that is not on par with them for some obvious reasons. Getting and giving the opponents more opportunity to size them up or gain on them as more and more tourneys takes place does not make the better player (of the moment) maintain that staus quo, so to speak.

Just a dime in the well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, that's been my point & what i want to see: the real & true WR pts based on the same amt of tourneys both players play in..
    *i still don't know why it's so hard to understand what my point is??..

again, for those who haven't seen it, please see this link for reference:
    http://tournamentsoftware.com/rankin...7&category=472
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-05-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    I wanted to pop that question but like I said you are fast.

So after 2 days of not so constructive debates with this fella, what conclusions had you draw on him? Dont tell me yours is the same like mine...

On side note, I bought some grapes today and all was sweet.
    maybe your grapes goes better with the following reading:

''An archer was showing off his archery skills in the market place, everyone of his arrows would hit the bulls-eye.He boasted that he was the greatest and most skill-full man on earth.

Then a passing oil vendor witnessed the event. He started to demonstrate how he could transfer his oil from a ladle into a narrow neck bottle without spilling a drop, after all every drop was money.He challenged the archer to do the same ,of course the archer flopped, it was not his strength!''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe your grapes goes better with the following reading:

''An archer was showing off his archery skills in the market place, everyone of his arrows would hit the bulls-eye.He boasted that he was the greatest and most skill-full man on earth.

Then a passing oil vendor witnessed the event. He started to demonstrate how he could transfer his oil from a ladle into a narrow neck bottle without spilling a drop, after all every drop was money.He challenged the archer to do the same ,of course the archer flopped, it was not his strength!''
    Hey you got that from Bbn in one your blog entries aren't you?

Any how, that was a lesson well learned.

On LD, I believed he learned Sun Tzu's art of war and converted some of the theories into badminton use. I said so because I stumbled on this book and found some of it teachings very useful in baddy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    This is very funny..LOL

they never grow up
    let them be

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lindan will never ever play more than 10 international tournament per year
    since 2008
    oh ya
    so does cai/fu