User Tag List

Page 96 of 315 FirstFirst ... 46 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,616 to 1,632 of 5343
  1. #1616
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    if that is what happen to lin dan in china open,

    opt out without any valid reason then i have to agree with you.
    LYB has already fired Zheng Bo for indiscipline.If I were LD I would quit and not end up like Taufik and

    Gade playing happy badminton and getting bashed by young upstarts.

    The fact that he is obeying and continuing up to 2012 is already a good gesture.

  2. #1617
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes, i have some questions to ask.

    why did lin dan pulled out in quarter final?

    injury? team order?

    if its injury, was there any doctor present?

    why isn't there any press release on this?

    this is not doing anything good to promote baddy.

    in fact i am sure a lot of lin dan fans curse their way out of the stadium.lol
    I have also a question to ask why JJ gave WO? I want his blood too.

  3. #1618
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This forum is open to all as long as there are constructive criticism and the words are for the betterment of badminton.

    One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them.

    This is an open society and everyone have the rights to say something in the hope to improve the situation when something went wrong.

    We wouldn't want those so called 'tidak apa' attitude here and lets respect them kinda thing because the country does it different way.

    This is a global world. As for Rashid and Misbun behaviour, they deserved the flocked. Anyway, they have learnt the lesson now or then. Am sure during that time, many wanted to even kill them.

    We should not condone those bad examples and try to straight them out so that they know they are on the wrong side and not showing professionalism behaviour. We want true professionals. If you can't take it, please go for a holiday and come back and be a good person. Don't have to post anything here if you don't care. But for the fact that you care, you post correct? Of is it hands itchy? Do not do things half way.

    We hope for the younger champions not to follow such attitude. We want them and the sport to move forward and no allow these people to dominate the scene.

    As for Taufik walking out a few years ago, it was bad but he has a point because those calls are arguable. We can understand his frustration because it's toturing when you are trying to win something. Have you been in this position? We can symphatise with him even though it is not acceptable. Where else for this prince, he just walk out without having give a good reason. If its true injury, then let the doctor says it, am sure people can accept it.

    Being selective in a tournament is one thing or a 'known' thing (already fed up of bringing this up because we know that he is the only one doing this). But walking out in the middle of a tournament is also 'another' thing. This is not the same thingy. Again BWF should take action on this. I can see there are silence in the BWF camp for some obvious fear.

    I hope this argument is constructive and make readers want to come back to read this. keke...
    Last edited by extremenanopowe; 12-06-2010 at 06:41 PM.

  4. #1619
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    It could be something that is sensitive to talk about, remember we have many things too sensitive about Msia to discuss

    in BC, so the same should apply to other people from other lands. What is acceptable behaviour to you may be unacceptable to others and vice

    versa,so it is better to avoid bringing up a lot of hot topics that can invite a lot of retorts and eventually get this thread locked.This is what other

    members refer to when discussing double standards , when someone criticises a certain player or coach with related interests the response is rapid.

    if the topic is likely to be sensitive why not discuss it in the private NM Facebook group or sth.

    Refer to post 1610 and see if anyone wants to answer the question, do you think that is good for baddy?
    i am not trying to create anything sensitive in this thread,

    please don't add oil as there is not fire here.

    i was very specific with my questions and

    i wasn't critisizing lin dan,

    i only want to find out the reason behind his walkover, that's all.

    btw, let me point out the worst case scenario,

    if its team order, nobody should be critisizing lin dan because he is following order.

    lastly, when the reason(s) known such as team order

    then i should not go further into detail discussion here

    because it going to be a lock thread debate.lol

    hope this clarify why i ask those questions.

  5. #1620
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    This forum is open to all as long as there are constructive criticism and the words are for the betterment of badminton.

    One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them.

    This is an open society and everyone have the rights to say something in the hope to improve the situation when something went wrong.

    We wouldn't want those so called 'tidak apa' attitude here and lets respect them kinda thing because the country does it different way.

    This is a global world. As for Rashid and Misbun behaviour, they deserved the flocked. Anyway, they have learnt the lesson now or then. Am sure during that time, many wanted to even kill them.

    We should not condone those bad examples and try to straight them out so that they know they are on the wrong side and not showing professionalism behaviour. We want true professionals. If you can't take it, please go for a holiday and come back and be a good person. Don't have to post anything here if you don't care. But for the fact that you care, you post correct? Of is it hands itchy? Do not do things half way.

    We hope for the younger champions not to follow such attitude. We want them and the sport to move forward and no allow these people to dominate the scene.

    As for Taufik walking out a few years ago, it was bad but he has a point because those calls are arguable. We can understand his frustration because it's toturing when you are trying to win something. Have you been in this position? We can symphatise with him even though it is not acceptable. Where else for this prince, he just walk out without having give a good reason. If its true injury, then let the doctor says it, am sure people can accept it.

    Being selective in a tournament is one thing or a 'known' thing (already fed up of bringing this up because we know that he is the only one doing this). But walking out in the middle of a tournament is also 'another' thing. This is not the same thingy. Again BWF should take action on this. I can see there are silence in the BWF camp for some obvious fear.

    I hope this argument is constructive and make readers want to come back to read this. keke...
    I actually think all players should just walk away if linecalls are obviously wrong more than once in a game, I think Taufik did the right thing. I think it is better to just WO as a protest. I wish everyone did this as I am sure bwf would have to implement some changes to make linecalls better.
    /T

  6. #1621
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If from where we come people are really serious about putting things right, a lot of problems

    would already be solved.It is simply not possible because of the mentality .

    We have to put our own house in order first before criticising others otherwise we will always be moaners and losers.

    It is not constructive to label others thugs and then speak for others as angels when they punch their spectators, fight over a car park,

    walk out of a game when the line-call is against them, or play aimlessly after losing a bad call causing the country to lose a T cup point,

    boycott your own association etc. etc. I am sure that qualifies that latter to be more of a thug.

  7. #1622
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    This forum is open to all as long as there are constructive criticism and the words are for the betterment of badminton.

    One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them.

    This is an open society and everyone have the rights to say something in the hope to improve the situation when something went wrong.

    We wouldn't want those so called 'tidak apa' attitude here and lets respect them kinda thing because the country does it different way.

    This is a global world. As for Rashid and Misbun behaviour, they deserved the flocked. Anyway, they have learnt the lesson now or then. Am sure during that time, many wanted to even kill them.

    We should not condone those bad examples and try to straight them out so that they know they are on the wrong side and not showing professionalism behaviour. We want true professionals. If you can't take it, please go for a holiday and come back and be a good person. Don't have to post anything here if you don't care. But for the fact that you care, you post correct? Of is it hands itchy? Do not do things half way.

    We hope for the younger champions not to follow such attitude. We want them and the sport to move forward and no allow these people to dominate the scene.

    As for Taufik walking out a few years ago, it was bad but he has a point because those calls are arguable. We can understand his frustration because it's toturing when you are trying to win something. Have you been in this position? We can symphatise with him even though it is not acceptable. Where else for this prince, he just walk out without having give a good reason. If its true injury, then let the doctor says it, am sure people can accept it.

    Being selective in a tournament is one thing or a 'known' thing (already fed up of bringing this up because we know that he is the only one doing this). But walking out in the middle of a tournament is also 'another' thing. This is not the same thingy. Again BWF should take action on this. I can see there are silence in the BWF camp for some obvious fear.

    I hope this argument is constructive and make readers want to come back to read this. keke...
    By all means do so, please identify all the thugs and slam them , especially those surrounding me.

    But give a balanced and non-partisan view and dont get personal .

    Very soon this thread needs to be closed.If you think people are behaving like thugs, stop moaning and

    give them a taste of your own medicine, that is positive and constructive, not making a lot of postings which achieve nothing.
    Last edited by Bbn; 12-06-2010 at 07:18 PM.

  8. #1623
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Best eg, LD says he is not ready to serve.

    Ok, next rally LCW does the same, end of mind games.

    LD doesn't want to change the shuttle, next rally LCW does the same, so stalemate.

    Forgive and forget is really "tidal apa" in many peoples ' books.

  9. #1624
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can understand Lin Dan's WO and it does not frustrates me. From his point of view, he does what counts, he goes for the big occasions, the team events, and the Chinese club league ; the SS events are not a priority, for him of for the Chinese team. Why not let other play?
    But we can criticize him for entering the tournament. I suppose he thought he could play it but realized his body could not go on or would risk injury.
    Lin Dan have not been injured since I don't remember when, and this is something all the players should pay attention to.
    A member said earlier that LD should retire before playing happy badminton like PG and TH, being bashed by young players. That is not true : PD almost always make it to the semis, sometimes to the final and even once or twice a year win a SS. As for TH, he always have had his up and down. I add this to illustrate my opinion on some people's view on players : not realistic and childish. Why should we judge people so harshly? Sportsmen are just people.

  10. #1625
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't worry guys, this thread won't be closed. Look at the title!! It's the Prince.

    I noticed there aren't many of his fans here after his "no show" except one who is trying very hard to defend him, even without knowing the reason of his withdrawal, citing other examples in the past just to protect the prince. The rest are probably too ashamed by their idol's behavoir. Hopefully, there will be a disclosure why he gave a walkover. Correct me if I am wrong, I think in tennis, you are not allowed to do this except due to injury and confirmed by a doctor. Not "suka suka" don't want to play.

  11. #1626
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,905
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default OT: Make bitching a recognized sub-forum

    I think it's time for the Mods to open a new sub-forum titled "Bitching" with sufficient caveats and terms, and with separate sub-sub forums titled:

    "Bitch about your own country"

    "Bitch about your country's Badminton Association"

    "Bitch about your country's economy and past and present governments, and how they are responsible for all the problems in the world, especially badminton."

    "Bitch about your players"

    "Bitch about your non-performing players"

    "Bitch about your performing players"

    "Bitch about your peers"

    "Bitch about your parents, in-laws, spouse and children"

    "Bitch about your neighbours"

    "Bitch about the Martians"

    and so on....

    I guarantee Kwun will need to upgrade his servers or put in a fully-stacked blade cabinet, use SQL or Oracle and get a 100Mbps top tier connection to the Internet. Maybe even start a "Wiki-bitching" site!!
    And become a celebrity overnight...

  12. #1627
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Don't worry guys, this thread won't be closed. Look at the title!! It's the Prince.

    I noticed there aren't many of his fans here after his "no show" except one who is trying very hard to defend him, even without knowing the reason of his withdrawal, citing other examples in the past just to protect the prince. The rest are probably too ashamed by their idol's behavoir. Hopefully, there will be a disclosure why he gave a walkover. Correct me if I am wrong, I think in tennis, you are not allowed to do this except due to injury and confirmed by a doctor. Not "suka suka" don't want to play.
    Well you people said we should defend what is good for badminton.I think LD giving WO is good for badminton because it gave Chen Long for eg.

    a chance to win a SS and not allow it to be dominated by a few.

    I am sceptical about all postings from certain Malaysian fans because I am convinced they are biased even before they make a post, no one for eg. has answered on the HH or Taufik issue. I will take seriously though postings from genuine badminton fans who really appreciate badminton
    without taking into account other factors.
    Just go to any Chinese or LD site and point me to the link where they condemn him for not turning up and I will take it seriously.
    As a Malaysian fan by all means support or criticise own players, but draw a line before criticising other nationals unless there is proof.
    No one is supporting LD here simply because the forum is dominated by Malaysians.you might as well start a thread " Was LD cheating etc.".

  13. #1628
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Don't worry guys, this thread won't be closed. Look at the title!! It's the Prince.

    I noticed there aren't many of his fans here after his "no show" except one who is trying very hard to defend him, even without knowing the reason of his withdrawal, citing other examples in the past just to protect the prince. The rest are probably too ashamed by their idol's behavoir. Hopefully, there will be a disclosure why he gave a walkover. Correct me if I am wrong, I think in tennis, you are not allowed to do this except due to injury and confirmed by a doctor. Not "suka suka" don't want to play.
    A person is innocent until proven guilty and has benefit of the doubt, to me it is very natural.

    Did other players who withdrew also give a reason?Why should LD fans be ashamed, was the reason for absence already known?

    What's wrong with citing misbehaviour of others I got the exact response I wanted to prove.
    Last edited by Bbn; 12-06-2010 at 10:31 PM.

  14. #1629
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes, i have some questions to ask.
    why did lin dan pulled out in quarter final?
    injury? team order?
    if its injury, was there any doctor present?
    why isn't there any press release on this?
    this is not doing anything good to promote baddy.
    in fact i am sure a lot of lin dan fans curse their way out of the stadium.lol
    Good questions. Are the answers out?

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    See what you mean. Don't know if some fans tried to get their tickets refunded.
    .
    See posting by another member in another thread( http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ge19&p=1579224 ):

    well
    let read this
    “這不是玩我們嗎?”
    觀眾不滿林丹退賽

    周五當中國羽球公開賽複賽正激烈進行之時,現場卻突然播放廣播說林丹因傷退賽,此舉讓現場的觀 眾大為不滿,很多人直接在現場喊起了“退票”的口號,有部份衝著林丹而來的觀眾則直接選擇提前 離場。“退票 、退票”的喊聲開始在源深體育館內此起彼落,一 些觀眾也表達了他們的不滿情緒:“我們買票就是衝著林丹來的,現在他退賽,那不等於是玩我們嗎 ?”“比賽前 宣佈傷退,這也太奇怪了吧。”部份觀眾在確定林 丹肯定不會出場後,選擇了直接退場:“就是來看林丹打球的,其他人也沒甚麼看頭了。”


    the crowd asked for refund after get to know that lin dan walkover
    the last bold sentence:just come to watch lin dan play,other player doesnt attract me

    http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/15808?tid=3
    this is another one from china
    http://www.badmintoncn.com/view-12315-1.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Well you people said we should defend what is good for badminton.I think LD giving WO is good for badminton because it gave Chen Long for eg.
    a chance to win a SS and not allow it to be dominated by a few.
    This is the most absurd reply!!! and you say this is good for badminton??? How would Chen Long feel ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    A person is innocent until proven guilty and has benefit of the doubt, to me it is very natural.
    Did other players who withdrew also give a reason?Why should LD fans be ashamed, was the reason for absence already known?
    What's wrong with citing misbehaviour of others I got the exact response I wanted to prove.
    Who is saying about guilty or innocent? I am not. I (like pBm) just want to know why he withdrew. Simple as that and then debate on the reason. Here, you are giving tons of examples, dating back to the 80's and 90's. Don't think many members have any knowledge about those situations. Let's talk about the present. Wait for the answer, if there is any.

  15. #1630
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,905
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's the answer.
    XXF has started advertising for Tide detergent. And she warned LD:
    "Time and Tide wait for no man!"
    Come on guys, move on. The real question I would like to have a (truthful) answer to is:
    "Why is the CBA behaving so arrogantly? Do they really think they are doing the international community a favour?"

  16. #1631
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Jokers, first they complain about LCW hogging the top position and not really helping to pave the way

    for successors , then they complain again when LD is obviously trying to pave the way for the up and coming.

    One can also refer to TH's past history of walking out of tournaments , deliberately losing under protest in early 2000 etc.

    I think it is even more severe.

    First they jealously protect their hero, then they go about criticising others, and then claim that they are impartial!
    After reading almost all the postings here, I would say it applies both ways.

  17. #1632
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Here's the answer.
    XXF has started advertising for Tide detergent. And she warned LD:
    "Time and Tide wait for no man!"
    Come on guys, move on. The real question I would like to have a (truthful) answer to is:
    "Why is the CBA behaving so arrogantly? Do they really think they are doing the international community a favour?"
    There is a saying "like father like son". Just look at the character of the person in charge of CBA and one wouldn't find it amusing that there is air of arrogance throughout the association from the day he took charge. The same cannot be said to the great China badminton team of the 80's where achievements and humility comes together.

    It goes the same for others. The chief would eventually inject his style or character to his undertakings.

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •