User Tag List

Page 97 of 313 FirstFirst ... 47 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,649 of 5309
  1. #1633
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    There is a saying "like father like son". Just look at the character of the person in charge of CBA and one wouldn't find it amusing that there is air of arrogance throughout the association from the day he took charge. The same cannot be said to the great China badminton team of the 80's where achievements and humility comes together.

    It goes the same for others. The chief would eventually inject his style or character to his undertakings.
    I have to admit, your post is very thought-provoking. When you study the behaviour of each of the marquee CBA players over the years, there is some evolution for sure on the part of each of them. There is not however, a sameness to the evolution, which would have been the case if what you posted was the reason.

    LD is a chatty guy when he wants to be. But he is obviously under instructions when it comes to certain things. Ditto the rest of the players. So to "blame" LD for the no-show is probably a waste of time. The players themselves are an OK bunch (including LD, and it hurts me to admit that! ) and you can often sense the reserve and almost unease of some of the senior players at times.

    The careful handling (please note: I did NOT say "manipulation" ) in almost every case is by the CBA. Not the players.

  2. #1634
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ya thats why LD gave a military salute after winning the AG. Its the order from the top heheheheh............

  3. #1635
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    There is a saying "like father like son". Just look at the character of the person in charge of CBA and one wouldn't find it amusing that there is air of arrogance throughout the association from the day he took charge. The same cannot be said to the great China badminton team of the 80's where achievements and humility comes together.

    It goes the same for others. The chief would eventually inject his style or character to his undertakings.
    What about the character of the father of BAM or other associations, do the team and players also reflect their behaviour? Good model?
    Like you said works both ways.

  4. #1636
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Ya thats why LD gave a military salute after winning the AG. Its the order from the top heheheheh............
    Be thankful he didn't give everyone else the finger...

  5. #1637
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I have to admit, your post is very thought-provoking. When you study the behaviour of each of the marquee CBA players over the years, there is some evolution for sure on the part of each of them. There is not however, a sameness to the evolution, which would have been the case if what you posted was the reason.

    LD is a chatty guy when he wants to be. But he is obviously under instructions when it comes to certain things. Ditto the rest of the players. So to "blame" LD for the no-show is probably a waste of time. The players themselves are an OK bunch (including LD, and it hurts me to admit that! ) and you can often sense the reserve and almost unease of some of the senior players at times.

    The careful handling (please note: I did NOT say "manipulation" ) in almost every case is by the CBA. Not the players.
    I really dont know what you are all talking about, the last time Chen Jin, Xia Xuan Ze,Chen Hong, Xie Zhong Bo etc etc. came to KL

    they treated local people like family and chatted freely on just about anything you want with no inhibitions.

    Maybe things have changed in the last few years.The problem is I think language, some people are unable to communicate with them.

  6. #1638
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "One should not shy away from blasting those thugs with their way of dominating others. The world does not belong to them."

    I wonder to whom this statement is directed against, I am all for it for a better world but let's start at home first before we venture globally.

    if it is directed towards a certain badminton country then we know clearly the agenda of this so called"badminton " fan, from the venom injected

    I hope its not the agenda of Malaysian badminton fans here,otherwise it will become a political forum.

  7. #1639
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I have to admit, your post is very thought-provoking. When you study the behaviour of each of the marquee CBA players over the years, there is some evolution for sure on the part of each of them. There is not however, a sameness to the evolution, which would have been the case if what you posted was the reason.

    LD is a chatty guy when he wants to be. But he is obviously under instructions when it comes to certain things. Ditto the rest of the players. So to "blame" LD for the no-show is probably a waste of time. The players themselves are an OK bunch (including LD, and it hurts me to admit that! ) and you can often sense the reserve and almost unease of some of the senior players at times.

    The careful handling (please note: I did NOT say "manipulation" ) in almost every case is by the CBA. Not the players.
    That is true and if you read my post carefully, it was the head of the organisation I was referring to all along. Nothing to do with the players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    What about the character of the father of BAM or other associations, do the team and players also reflect their behaviour? Good model?
    Like you said works both ways.
    The last sentence of my post is quite clear if not affirmative.

  8. #1640
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Good questions. Are the answers out?



    See posting by another member in another thread( http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ge19&p=1579224 ):

    well
    let read this
    “這不是玩我們嗎?”
    觀眾不滿林丹退賽

    周五當中國羽球公開賽複賽正激烈進行之時,現場卻突然播放廣播說林丹因傷退賽,此舉讓現場的觀 眾大為不滿,很多人直接在現場喊起了“退票”的口號,有部份衝著林丹而來的觀眾則直接選擇提前 離場。“退票 、退票”的喊聲開始在源深體育館內此起彼落,一 些觀眾也表達了他們的不滿情緒:“我們買票就是衝著林丹來的,現在他退賽,那不等於是玩我們嗎 ?”“比賽前 宣佈傷退,這也太奇怪了吧。”部份觀眾在確定林 丹肯定不會出場後,選擇了直接退場:“就是來看林丹打球的,其他人也沒甚麼看頭了。”


    the crowd asked for refund after get to know that lin dan walkover
    the last bold sentence:just come to watch lin dan play,other player doesnt attract me

    http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/15808?tid=3
    this is another one from china
    http://www.badmintoncn.com/view-12315-1.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    This is the most absurd reply!!! and you say this is good for badminton??? How would Chen Long feel ?



    Who is saying about guilty or innocent? I am not. I (like pBm) just want to know why he withdrew. Simple as that and then debate on the reason. Here, you are giving tons of examples, dating back to the 80's and 90's. Don't think many members have any knowledge about those situations. Let's talk about the present. Wait for the answer, if there is any.
    It is your prerogative to talk about the present if you want to but I never forget history, Its even made compulsory in school.

    There are enough cases of crooks for eg. committing commercial crimes and later coming back in various guises to fool people who never learn from the past. That's why there are records kept for posterity. A crime committed is a crime and cannot lapse after a few years like a Limitation Act.

  9. #1641
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "This is the most absurd reply!!! and you say this is good for badminton??? How would Chen Long feel ?"

    I dont know ,why not ask him. How did Hafiz feel after teammates claimed they worked as a team to help him win?

    Absurb?

  10. #1642
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,045
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    It is your prerogative to talk about the present if you want to but I never forget history, Its even made compulsory in school.

    There are enough cases of crooks for eg. committing commercial crimes and later coming back in various guises to fool people who never learn from the past. That's why there are records kept for posterity. A crime committed is a crime and cannot lapse after a few years like a Limitation Act.
    We are talking about badminton here and you kept bringing up other topics, which we know you are very knowledgeable, Prof.
    Let's just stick to badminton, in this forum.

  11. #1643
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How many professional players do you know locally.

    Most of them admit that they sometimes dont go all out when playing teammates when they know for eg.that they
    are injured and may want to save their energy for other tournaments where they have a better draw.

    Jimmy Connors admitted, players are all about the same , the winner is usually the one who is more determined to win or wants the title more.

    they are pros, they do not want to incur injuries uneccesarilly and wreck their career, most players dont even talk about injuries.

    Some of you are advising not to talk about the past, but you are talking about Old Communist China with gentlemen and all that,

    we are now in the year 2010.

  12. #1644
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    We are talking about badminton here and you kept bringing up other topics, which we know you are very knowledgeable, Prof.
    Let's just stick to badminton, in this forum.
    Thank you for your advice but what makes you think I am a prof?

    You mean to say badminton has no history?
    Then why talk about the great stars of the past Yang Yang, Zhao etc?

    Weren't you people moaning why LD cannot be like the gentlemen of history?

    It is sticking to the topic, it is what is called an "analogy".
    Last edited by Bbn; 12-07-2010 at 01:28 AM.

  13. #1645
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    I really dont know what you are all talking about, the last time Chen Jin, Xia Xuan Ze,Chen Hong, Xie Zhong Bo etc etc. came to KL

    they treated local people like family and chatted freely on just about anything you want with no inhibitions.

    Maybe things have changed in the last few years.The problem is I think language, some people are unable to communicate with them.
    Uh uh... I was referring to when they have to speak in any official capacity, or respond to reporters etc. Perhaps I should I have made that clear. On a personal level I'm sure everyone's cool. Especially if you speak the same language. It certainly enhances the comfort level.

  14. #1646
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,045
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Well you people said we should defend what is good for badminton.I think LD giving WO is good for badminton because it gave Chen Long for eg. a chance to win a SS and not allow it to be dominated by a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    "This is the most absurd reply!!! and you say this is good for badminton??? How would Chen Long feel ?"
    I dont know ,why not ask him. How did Hafiz feel after teammates claimed they worked as a team to help him win?
    Absurb?
    I was replying to your statement in bold which you claimed is good for badminton. I don't know how Chen Long would feel but I felt sad for him if what your statement in bold is true. Do you have something against Hafiz?

  15. #1647
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Uh uh... I was referring to when they have to speak in any official capacity, or respond to reporters etc. Perhaps I should I have made that clear. On a personal level I'm sure everyone's cool. Especially if you speak the same language. It certainly enhances the comfort level.
    Of course it applies everywhere, you mean your company allows you to say anything you like without considering

    the company's policies? I dont know, but in many of the companies I work when facing the public you have to

    be politically correct, or you will be sent to the backrooms.It is Public Relations.

  16. #1648
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,903
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Of course it applies everywhere, you mean your company allows you to say anything you like without considering

    the company's policies? I dont know, but in many of the companies I work when facing the public you have to

    be politically correct, or you will be sent to the backrooms.It is Public Relations.
    Good. So you also understand that line of mine in the broader context of my entire post.

  17. #1649
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I was replying to your statement in bold which you claimed is good for badminton. I don't know how Chen Long would feel but I felt sad for him if what your statement in bold is true. Do you have something against Hafiz?
    I have nothing against Hafiz and have never said anything bad about him ,he is just what he is and if he is happy,I think he is doing OK.Check all my posts if you dont believe.

    But read my post about the events leading to winning 2003 AE, I cant blame you people for not being aware of the build-up as the AE 2003 was not shown on Astro,only the Men's final so you did not follow the semis,quarters etc. Let's just say they played as a team for one another on that success,
    I dont consider it wrong myself, the chance to win an AE Gold after so long is irresistable.

    If it had happened in Olympics I'm sure they would have done it.

    I have watched in full AEs from 2003,2004 and 2005 never shown in Msia but have been able to watch them because friends in HK mail them to me.

    It does make a lot of difference in perceptions of things if a person has full access to events of the past.

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •