User Tag List

Page 98 of 303 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,650 to 1,666 of 5146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Good. So you also understand that line of mine in the broader context of my entire post.
    Huh?

To be honest Cobalt I never read your post as I assumed it would be quite neutral.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Well you people said we should defend what is good for badminton.I think LD giving WO is good for badminton because it gave Chen Long for eg.

a chance to win a SS and not allow it to be dominated by a few.
    (...snip...)
    What is good for any game is to allow the players to play to the best of their ability and NOT to interfere with the natural course of events, NOT to manufacture results, and definitely NOT to claim that it was done in ther greater interest of the game. It might even be considered cheating. It might be considered rigging. It might be considered that some people with vested interests made a huge profit on the fact that the wrong player won.

If a game is dominated by the few, it is not their fault. They have worked hard to excel at their sport. The onus is on the others to prove they are worthy of the title.

Of course, that is in the perfect world. Not in the world of (possibly) match fixing. Did you think of this possibility before you posted your justification above?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is good for any game is to allow the players to play to the best of their ability and NOT to interfere with the natural course of events, NOT to manufacture results, and definitely NOT to claim that it was done in ther greater interest of the game. It might even be considered cheating. It might be considered rigging. It might be considered that some people with vested interests made a huge profit on the fact that the wrong player won.

If a game is dominated by the few, it is not their fault. They have worked hard to excel at their sport. The onus is on the others to prove they are worthy of the title.

Of course, that is in the perfect world. Not in the world of (possibly) match fixing. Did you think of this possibility before you posted your justification above?
    Agree. Thanks. This post may be useful for future references.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, in post 1643.

I think it happens more times than people care to admit,

sometimes it may even be a pact amongst teamates.

if all the top players go all out and kill each other every tourney

they will all be in bandages. Some may just try harder than others, you win some lose some.

Sometimes they just go thru the motions maybe to gain points or to satisfy sponsors.

Like I said we are in the modern era of professional badminton.

You see players sometimes making a lot of unforced errors.

it is most obvious in pro wrestling.

Of course in baddy you need a group of players to be able to do this, not just relying on one player.

Whether past,present or future, anyone who has done it is equally liable.
    Last edited by Bbn; 12-07-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Wrestling? Is it WWE? Another analogy, Prof?
    We are talking about LD's QF withdrawal from the CO.
    WWE is totally different from badminton.
    I am done with this topic. Let's wait for the answers if there is any, straight from the horse's mouth
    Last edited by nokh88; 12-07-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not Prof.
    Yes, an analogy , an extreme example of what can happen if people go all the way.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Huh?

To be honest Cobalt I never read your post as I assumed it would be quite neutral.
    Ouch!
    .=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont mind me saying this but i think sometimes people like to compare with events of the past to the good old days of Liem SK or Yang Yang etc, the goody goody ones.Dont get me wrong I still watch them but things have moved on, everything is money.

i think we are in the era of pro sports, if you are a pro would you go all the way to aggravate an injury that might

put you out for months?

1 Player in the Asiad was injured, he entered the court, received serve and lost the point and gave up the game.

Do you consider him unprofessional?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh yes, in post 1643.

I think it happens more times than people care to admit,

sometimes it may even be a pact amongst teamates.

if all the top players go all out and kill each other every tourney

they will all be in bandages. Some may just try harder than others, you win some lose some.

Sometimes they just go thru the motions maybe to gain points or to satisfy sponsors.

Like I said we are in the modern era of professional badminton.

You see players sometimes making a lot of unforced errors.

it is most obvious in pro wrestling.

Of course in baddy you need a group of players to be able to do this, not just relying on one player.

Whether past,present or future, anyone who has done it is equally liable.
    Am I the only one that notices the difference between your explaination and the actual case at hand? In your explaination, they at least go through the motions. In the case at hand, they just walk off! Also remember, it can get pretty obvious when players dont really play the game, and organisers and referees (at least in some other disciplines) can come down pretty heavily on such things.

But in the case at hand, do we see anyone taking anyone to task?

Do we have an explaination from an official within the 24-hour period after the incident? No, No and No. Sorry Bbn, but it doesn't wash this time.

There's a lot of stuff you say that I might agree with, but not this one. Remember, "with great power comes great responsibility." Old Confucian saying!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if practically all of you are in the middle ages, with very traditional values and may not

really have much contact with the values and attitudes of generation X,Y or whatever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if practically all of you are in the middle ages, with very traditional values and may not

really have much contact with the values and attitudes of generation X,Y or whatever.
    Changing values??????? What might those be? The Values of convenience????????
    You're just making this worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one that notices the difference between your explaination and the actual case at hand? In your explaination, they at least go through the motions. In the case at hand, they just walk off! Also remember, it can get pretty obvious when players dont really play the game, and organisers and referees (at least in some other disciplines) can come down pretty heavily on such things.

But in the case at hand, do we see anyone taking anyone to task?

Do we have an explaination from an official within the 24-hour period after the incident? No, No and No. Sorry Bbn, but it doesn't wash this time.

There's a lot of stuff you say that I might agree with, but not this one. Remember, "with great power comes great responsibility." Old Confucian saying!
    It is more like Peter Parker.

I cant answer your question Cobalt simply because I am not a slave of rules (as opposed to laws) and never go by the letter,

I just look at intentions and the bigger picture. If you say there is a rule broken, then you must be right, all I can say is that

I was happy watching the CO even without LD and happy watching CL beat CJ and BCL as I predicted he would. Unless a crime has been committed

then there is no argument. I am not a sticker for rules and always break them myself especially archaic or biased ones but I do not break the law.

There is no point continuing with me as far as I am concerned because of my mindset on this matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing values??????? What might those be? The Values of convenience????????
    You're just making this worse.
    Well then forget I even mentioned it. I've seen a lot of differences because of the generation gap in the workplace. Yang Yang's generation is definitely different from LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then forget I even mentioned it. I've seen a lot of differences because of the generation gap in the workplace. Yang Yang's generation is definitely different from LD.
    Dont forget this thread is about LD, then gradually about the CBA ,read from the top again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Badminton is a team sport

This is only what I believe.

To some, Badminton is a team sport. To others, it is a sport of individual player's excellence. The fact is - it is a combination of two. Perhaps, more things need to be considered too.

This is Lin Dan's thread; Let us talk about Lin Dan, his matches, his fans, his teammates, his CBA, etc......

* Lin Dan has already shown that (currently) he is the best player in the world. He is relaxed.

* Fans of Lin Dan who wished to watch him play as an individual player, were most disappointed when he gave a walkover. They wanted to watch LD's skill.

* Fans of CBA understand that it makes no difference whether LD will be playing or not, whenever LD is about to face one of his teammates as an opponent.

* Teammates of Lin Dan are thankful to LD when they don't need to play against him.

* CBA is looking at a BIGGER picture (for all their players). Special attention is directed not only at LD.

The 2010 China Open SS was considered as a success by CBA, although not all 5 titles were won.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Pro Wrestling? Is it WWE? Another analogy, Prof?
    We are talking about LD's QF withdrawal from the CO.
    WWE is totally different from badminton.
    I am done with this topic. Let's wait for the answers if there is any, straight from the horse's mouth
    read post 1610,1611.1613 and finally 1614 in page 95 will let u know why it is useless to exchange opinion in this guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    read post 1610,1611.1613 and finally 1614 in page 95 will let u know why it is useless to exchange opinion in this guy
    I 'm beginning to think the same about you.

The message is solve your own domestic problems first before trying to foray outside.

You exchange opinion "with" and not "in".
    Last edited by Bbn; 12-07-2010 at 04:21 AM.