User Tag List

Page 117 of 312 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,973 to 1,989 of 5301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD was really not trying hard yesterday. At moments I thought he was still doing warms up. He deserves to lose. LCW performance was really exceptional yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this before. The top 4 men's singles players will tap out after 2012, I guess. Their body must be begging them to slow it a notch but they still got it mentally to will their way, otherwise they wouldn't have been consistently in the top 4. So whoever wins the OG12 will have the final bragging rights before riding off to the sunset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, at this moment they are lcw, ld, pg and th

Before the ae2011, it was ld, lcw, th and pg

I could be wrong but nobody is gonna be right until London 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    True, at this moment they are lcw, ld, pg and th

Before the ae2011, it was ld, lcw, th and pg

I could be wrong but nobody is gonna be right until London 2012
    actually Im quite puzzled why people always included PG and TH when BCL and CJ are better than them? shouldnt it be LD, LCW, BCL and CJ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Why people always included PG and TH when BCL and CJ are better than them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    actually Im quite puzzled why people always included PG and TH when BCL and CJ are better than them? shouldnt it be LD, LCW, BCL and CJ?
    The 2011 Week 10 World Ranking Lists are just out.

For the top 6 Mens Singles players, here are their rankings;

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........89197 points
    2. Taufik Hidayat (INA)..........76392 points
    3. Lin Dan (CHN)...................72474 points
    4. Peter Gade (DEN)..............69975 points
    5. Chen Long (CHN)...............67133 points
    6. Chen Jin (CHN)..................62492 points

Unfortunately Bao Chunlai was ousted from the top 10, dropping five places to No.13.

Source: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    The 2011 Week 10 World Ranking Lists are just out.

For the top 6 Mens Singles players, here are their rankings;

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........89197 points
    2. Taufik Hidayat (INA)..........76392 points
    3. Lin Dan (CHN)...................72474 points
    4. Peter Gade (DEN)..............69975 points
    5. Chen Long (CHN)...............67133 points
    6. Chen Jin (CHN)..................62492 points

Unfortunately Bao Chunlai was ousted from the top 10, dropping five places to No.13.

Source: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955
    hey but this isnt a good way to see if a player is better than the other..TH is 2nd and is higher than LD, BCL and CJ but he hasnt beaten them in dunno how many years..PG too..cant win against the CHN players..This system is just ranking points based on tournament performances..If LD and LCW don't play SS anymore and they ranks drop to like 14 and 15 respectively dont tell me you will exclude them from the top 4. LOLZ!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink No one can prove that I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    hey but this isnt a good way to see if a player is better than the other..TH is 2nd and is higher than LD, BCL and CJ but he hasnt beaten them in dunno how many years..PG too..cant win against the CHN players..This system is just ranking points based on tournament performances..If LD and LCW don't play SS anymore and they ranks drop to like 14 and 15 respectively dont tell me you will exclude them from the top 4. LOLZ!
    True.

This system is just ranking points based on tournament performances.

I have said before that I am better than LCW and LD. It's just that I don't participate in tournaments now, so no one can say that I am wrong to say that I am better than them.

But seriously speaking, it's useless to speak without action (just criticising myself ).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-17-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could help but notice the similarities between the LCW-LD of today and the LD-TH of the past.
    In 2005/2006, Taufik just became Olympic Champion. Played very little tournaments but had done well on the big occasions (Anaheim, Doha). Lin Dan, on the other hand, won a string of Opens but faltered on the big stage.
    In 2009/2010, LD is the OG Champion now. Playing less and less tournaments but still manages to do well in "important" matches (Hyderabad, Guangzhou). LCW, following the trend, has been the SS circuit big winner, but has so far not performed well in WC and failed to capture AG.
    Interesting trend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamsyams View Post
    Could help but notice the similarities between the LCW-LD of today and the LD-TH of the past.
    In 2005/2006, Taufik just became Olympic Champion. Played very little tournaments but had done well on the big occasions (Anaheim, Doha). Lin Dan, on the other hand, won a string of Opens but faltered on the big stage.
    In 2009/2010, LD is the OG Champion now. Playing less and less tournaments but still manages to do well in "important" matches (Hyderabad, Guangzhou). LCW, following the trend, has been the SS circuit big winner, but has so far not performed well in WC and failed to capture AG.
    Interesting trend.
    Not very similar to me. After 2006 AG, TH always lost to LD. After 2008 OG, LD won one WC, AE, AG and many open titles. LD won more between LD-LCW matches, rate of win is around 2:1 which is similar to pre 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    Not very similar to me. After 2006 AG, TH always lost to LD. After 2008 OG, LD won one WC, AE, AG and many open titles. LD won more between LD-LCW matches, rate of win is around 2:1 which is similar to pre 2008
    Well there are specific differences I think the general trend still holds.
    Restricting the time period to 2 years after their respective Olympic wins, Taufik holds a 3-1 against Lin Dan in 05/06 (WC05, SingaporeOpen05, and AG06 went to Taufik, while TC06 went to LD). It wasn't until 2007 that LD started to rewrite their H2H history.
    In 09/10, LD is 5-2 up against LCW (AE, Sudirman, CM , TC, AG vs Swiss, JO). That's quite similar in my books.

One also cannot deny that although LD did win a notable number of titles in these 2 years, his participation rate is far below his peak playing years (OG Qualification, for instance). He took part in 6 SSes in 2009, and another 6 in 2010 (compared to 11 in 2007). Taufik participated in close to that number of Open level tournaments in that period as well.

This is of course not to say who is better than who at which time, just interesting observations (imo) I've made browsing tournamentsoftware.
    Last edited by yamsyams; 03-18-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its always going to be difficult for players like LD and TH.. once you have reached the top, and won the top tournaments.. one may ask themselves.. why should i do it all over again.. the work, the practice etc.. especially when age is catching up to them..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for yamsyams's post

I remember LD beat TH in AG06 two times and one in HK. do not remember other matches between them. But I do not think TH won more than LD during 2005-2006. Maybe you have more accurate data. The trends do not look similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    i think its always going to be difficult for players like LD and TH.. once you have reached the top, and won the top tournaments.. one may ask themselves.. why should i do it all over again.. the work, the practice etc.. especially when age is catching up to them..
    I think LD is a little different. He wants to win Olympic 2012 gold medal. After 2012, if he won, he may play another 2 years for Thomas cup or sudiman cup if CJ, CL, WZM are not good enough. If he lose, he may retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree that LD is different and more focused than TH... but its inevitable that he does not play as much as he use to... the ae final showed this when playing a hardworking LCW. i too hope to see him back to form for the olympics!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chong Wei and Lin Dan just love fast cars
    By CHOW HOW BAN

GUANGZHOU: The great rivalry between badminton superstars Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan has spiced up the sport but little do fans know that they actually share a common interest in fast cars.

Chong Wei, who beat his nemesis in the mens singles final of the All-England last Sunday to retain the title, said they talked about their cars during the prize presentation.

Whenever we meet each other, our topic of conversation will be cars, Chong Wei was quoted by the Guangzhou Daily.

The Malaysian world No.1 shuttler is in Guangzhou to fulfil his obligations to play in two matches in the China Badminton Super League.

I would usually ask Lin Dan: Did you change a new car? When he meets me, the question would be the same, said Chong Wei in the report.

Chong Wei, 28, who is only one year older than his rival, revealed that both of them were driving Nissan GTRs and his was a sleek grey model while Lin Dan has a black one.

Chong Wei also has a BMW X6 coupe while Lin Dan also owns a Porsche and a Land Rover.

He got more cars than me, quipped Chong Wei.

On Thursday, Chong Wei overcame gutsy Du Pengyu of Zhejiang Yinjiang Club for a 14-21, 21-19, 21-10 win to help Guangzhou Yueyu Club levelled the overall score at 2-2 in the fourth match.

But Zhejiang won the tie 3-2 through Sang Yang-Xu Chen who outplayed Wang Zhengming-Chen Zhiben 21-16, 21-10 in the deciding mixed doubles match.

Chinese fans may miss another Chong Wei-Lin Dan showdown within a week when Guangzhou Yueyu meet Bayi Dongling Liangyou in todays match.

Lin Dan, who maintained a 17-match unbeaten record throughout last season and this season in the league, said that he was still unsure whether he could play against Chong Wei as he would be busy with commercial shoot obligations.

With his win in the All-England, Chong Wei brought to an end to his two consecutive losses to Lin Dan at the Asian Games mens singles final last November and the final of the Korean Open in January.

However, Lin Dan still holds a 17-8 win-loss record against Chong Wei.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LD is a little different. He wants to win Olympic 2012 gold medal. After 2012, if he won, he may play another 2 years for Thomas cup or sudiman cup if CJ, CL, WZM are not good enough. If he lose, he may retire
    he want or he forced to play by cba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for yamsyams's post

I remember LD beat TH in AG06 two times and one in HK. do not remember other matches between them. But I do not think TH won more than LD during 2005-2006. Maybe you have more accurate data. The trends do not look similar.
    Ah right, forgot about the team event. I just followed the TS H2Hs and added in what I remembered. Though I still find their general attitude towards the sport similar.