User Tag List

Page 188 of 315 FirstFirst ... 88 138 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 3,180 to 3,196 of 5345
  1. #3180
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Because badminton is dependent on govt handout for life support, becomes its puppet, this discussion on dubious assisted WO and match fixing has and will go on in badminton. The discussion here as has been in the past was some people defending and justifying 'arranged' WO/match fixing whether by CHN (more rampant) or others as acceptable actions. Try asking a ticket-paying fan, especially those who fly in from another country, how they feel to take on a fixed match where the players simply going through Tai Chi motion or worst still WO (no play). Refund plus reimbursement for expenses? Yeah right!
    When LYB boasted to CHN TV, he must be thinking CHN fans would support and cheer him on as a patriot, only to be rebuked and receive negative response, so does anyone, other than idiots, think LYB would again admit to fxing anything in future? Simply put, if match fixing is not relevant or yield any advantage, so take the risk with nothing to gain, why do it at all? Because LYB figures there is an advantage.
    On sports' result fixing in USA (boxing?) or Europe (soccer?), badminton is small peanut of a potato among the giants in the world of match fixing.
    So why blame Lin Dan for this? What does he have to do with LYB's alleged decisions? The solution to this problem is actually very simple! The other countries simply must get better and not allow China to occupy so many of the top positions as in the case with MD at the moment.

    I going to reject your claim Lin Dan couldn't have won all these titles without assistance, you'll say the opposite ... Let's move on

  2. #3181
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its time for others to be more proactive to reproduce more children. Quick, do it every night to beat china population. lol.

  3. #3182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    China has to watch out for these two players: Tago and Santoso. I will say these two are the favourites to win the gold medal.

    If Lin Dan does not perform like how he did in Asian Games, he will be overwhelmed by these players' energy and speed.

  4. #3183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    China has to watch out for these two players: Tago and Santoso. I will say these two are the favourites to win the gold medal.

    If Lin Dan does not perform like how he did in Asian Games, he will be overwhelmed by these players' energy and speed.
    with respect to Simon and Tago, i think the two are also unstable. so it will depend on how they perform in OG, same as LD's case now.

    and i still hope that LD can bounce back from his off-form performance now at OG later. remember what happened early in 2008 (especially in TC), but finally he can perform well in the OG. hope it can repeated this time.

  5. #3184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Current Lin Dan cannot win the Olympics

    What am I saying is if Lin Dan never regains his old form and plays like how he played in Thailand, I can put all my money lay bet (Lin Dan won win at all).

    Even if he produced the same performance in Thomas Cup 2012, I still say he wont win because a lot of players are younger, faster and more determined than him to win.

    Lin Dan's lack of jump smashes when he should have executed them and his number of unforced errors based on match record statistics will be his undoing.

    The winner will be a player who is younger, energetic and powerful in his attack. Tago or Santoso fits the bill. It's the Olympics, so with the assumption they will step up their game.

    Initially I thought Lee Chong Wei will win this hands down. Now that he is injured....this event will be the most open competition ever.

  6. #3185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    but it's not a sin to keep a hope i think? hehe

    about LCW's injury, didn't the coaches said that it would heal before OG?

  7. #3186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,684
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just watched the replay of the 16th Asian Games 2010 MS Final Lin Dan vs Lee CW - one of Lin Dan's masterpieces in my view for which we must also thank his great rival Lee CW. It's worth watching and again for those who've seen it. For those who understand Mandarin,the commentaries made it even better as one of the two commentators was none other than the legendary Zhao Jianhua, and you would catch more than a glimpse of Grand Master Tang Xianhu with Xia Xuanze. What a magnificent match with a number of brilliant,thrilling rallies.

    If Lin Dan can play to that level for this coming LOG,let alone at the level of his Beijing 2008 OG pinnacle,he will undoubtedly win gold again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pgz...eature=related
    Last edited by Justin L; 06-30-2012 at 01:10 PM.

  8. #3187
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is why I'm a fan of Lin Dan, he is just so unpredictable. I personally have no idea what his chances of winning the Olympics will be. I think the biggest question is how much Super Dan(Olympic Final LD) is left or is it completely gone or he's just been hiding it all this time? Along with not knowing how good LCW will fare post injury. I hope and have a feeling this is going to be great Olympics, because I think both LCW and LD are going to surprise us one way or another!

  9. #3188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Just watched the replay of the 16th Asian Games 2010 MS Final Lin Dan vs Lee CW - one of Lin Dan's masterpieces in my view for which we must also thank his great rival Lee CW. It's worth watching and again for those who've seen it. For those who understand Mandarin,the commentaries made it even better as one of the two commentators was none other than the legendary Zhao Jianhua, and you would catch more than a glimpse of Grand Master Tang Xianhu with Xia Xuanze. What a magnificent match with a number of brilliant,thrilling rallies.

    If Lin Dan can play to that level for this coming LOG,let alone at the level of his Beijing 2008 OG pinnacle,he will undoubtedly win gold again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pgz...eature=related
    Compared to what you watched, this current Lin Dan is far cry way too different.

    Slow, too many unforced errors and you see one/two jump smashes in each set which is not a good thing.

    LCW on the other hand is one year older, fitter, FASTER and he smashes like a crazy person when he is forced to.

    Each rally you definitely see a big smash from LCW. As for LD ? If he delivered one big crosscourt smash in one set, consider yourself lucky to even watch it.

  10. #3189
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Compared to what you watched, this current Lin Dan is far cry way too different.

    Slow, too many unforced errors and you see one/two jump smashes in each set which is not a good thing.

    LCW on the other hand is one year older, fitter, FASTER and he smashes like a crazy person when he is forced to.

    Each rally you definitely see a big smash from LCW. As for LD ? If he delivered one big crosscourt smash in one set, consider yourself lucky to even watch it.
    What makes you believe the current form LD displayed in is representative of the form he usually bring to major competitions, unless you believe the Olympics is not a major competition? I'm pretty sure you're aware that LD has a history of sub-par performances at SS and Open events and also has a history of brilliant performances in what most people consider the majors of badminton. By your logic LCW should have won every major available, but he didn't.

  11. #3190
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    What makes you believe the current form LD displayed in is representative of the form he usually bring to major competitions, unless you believe the Olympics is not a major competition? I'm pretty sure you're aware that LD has a history of sub-par performances at SS and Open events and also has a history of brilliant performances in what most people consider the majors of badminton. By your logic LCW should have won every major available, but he didn't.
    Well I hope I am wrong about Lin Dan's form which he will bring to the Olympics. As time goes by, regardless of what tournament is it, Thomas Cup, All England, or Thailand Open. My assessment or anybody's who can verify this says Lin Dan's current performance will not win him/China the gold. His jump smashes are rarely executed, he prefers to play long rallies even though that is unnecessary, he only starts injecting pace at the crucial moment and most importantly, his number of unforced errors have dramatically increased since god knows when.

    If LCW is not injured, his statistics of unforced errors is beyond comparison. Lin Dan's unforced errors will be the main source of points for his opponents. And I am talking about Lin Dan's current form in 2012, before that he is still good enough to stop LCW in a fierce contest. Right now, I am beginning to doubt Lin Dan's ability to do so because his decline is very apparent.

    It's a pity because he is only 28 and already let that number affected his game so much. If I am in his shoes and still remind myself I am only 28, glory hunting will be the last thing in my mind as long as the body allows plus with CBA to design special programme for me to maintain my fitness level. I am not asking too much from him to be honest. If you want to play badminton, then play seriously do not have a laugh at it.

    Lin Dan should realise the business in London is a serious thing. He shouldn't think of just having fun and playing around for the sake of it. A lot of people will be really pissed if he goes to London with that kind of mentality.

    While other players like LHI, Sasaki and especially LCW are playing the best badminton of their life at very late stage but they cannot win big prize.
    Last edited by repentedboy; 06-30-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  12. #3191
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    Lin Dan should realise the business in London is a serious thing. He shouldn't think of just having fun and playing around for the sake of it. A lot of people will be really pissed if he goes to London with that kind of mentality.
    Now Lin Dan is not taking the Olympics seriously?

  13. #3192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Isle of Man GBR currently
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    Now Lin Dan is not taking the Olympics seriously?
    We will see if he is lying or not. His body language is not the same as his once in 2008 before the Beijing edition

  14. #3193
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Just watched the replay of the 16th Asian Games 2010 MS Final Lin Dan vs Lee CW - one of Lin Dan's masterpieces in my view for which we must also thank his great rival Lee CW. It's worth watching and again for those who've seen it. For those who understand Mandarin,the commentaries made it even better as one of the two commentators was none other than the legendary Zhao Jianhua, and you would catch more than a glimpse of Grand Master Tang Xianhu with Xia Xuanze. What a magnificent match with a number of brilliant,thrilling rallies.

    If Lin Dan can play to that level for this coming LOG,let alone at the level of his Beijing 2008 OG pinnacle,he will undoubtedly win gold again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pgz...eature=related
    Thanks, and just I was about to look for a badminton video to spice my day up.

  15. #3194
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    We will see if he is lying or not. His body language is not the same as his once in 2008 before the Beijing edition
    What are you talking about? What did he lie about?

  16. #3195
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What the hell,

    Have you seen LD play the big matches? Do you not remember his form in the world championships? He showed us a glimpse of his abilities and the greatness that he has. He WILL preform on the big occasion. I know he slacks off in the smaller and lesser tournaments... but heck its lesser tournaments, I don't know even why he enters them to begin with.
    I wish for a finals between LCW and LD as it will probably go down as one of the greatest matches of all time. LCW desperately fighting to obtain a gold while the great LD obstructing him.

  17. #3196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    We will see if he is lying or not. His body language is not the same as his once in 2008 before the Beijing edition
    i remember that LD didn't won much too before Beijing. but when Beijing started, he perform quite well i think. so i hope he will perform well again this LOG, despite his off-form performance till nowdays.

    about LD not smashes, yes, maybe you're right. but somehow, he still reached the final of AE2012 and didn't lose a match in TC. so i don't think that he is that bad.

    just hope he now prepared well for the OG, can advanced through the final, give us amazing match to talk about, and would be better if he can grab the gold again.

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •