User Tag List

Page 200 of 295 FirstFirst ... 100 150 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 250 ... LastLast
Results 3,384 to 3,400 of 5015
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    when will LD held his wedding party? anyone know?

and btw, this article headline is pretty unique.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=65428

interesting article. not one complain about the drift.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Super Dan just wants a break

The New Paper

Wednesday, Aug 08, 2012

He is considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest shuttler to ever walk on this planet.

And now that China's Lin Dan has successfully retained his Olympic men's singles title - a feat that no other shuttler has achieved - what more lies ahead for the 28-year-old they call "Super Dan"?

"I am really, really tired and I would need a break from badminton after this," he said on Sunday night (Singapore time) at a media conference at the Wembley Arena, about half an hour after beating Malaysian Lee Chong Wei 15-21, 21-10, 21-19 in a thrilling final.

"If I am to continue after that, I would need a training system that works for me, along with a clear target, otherwise badminton will become a burden for me."

Lin Dan had added another Olympic gold medal to his collection - which included four in the world championships, two from the World Cups and five in the Thomas Cup Finals.

He is the only man to have completed the sport's Super Grand Slam by winning all of its nine major competitions - Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, Super Series Masters Finals, All England Open, Asian Games, and Asia Championships.

And Super Dan was clearly emotional after winning a tense match against Lee on Sunday night, a repeat of the 2008 Beijing Olympic final where the Chinese shuttler won 21-12, 21-8.

After Lee had sent the shuttle wide at the final point, Lin Dan dropped his racket and ran wildly towards the crowd, away from the photographers, even as Lee sunk to his knees and buried his face in his hands.

Lin Dan was then wrestled to the ground by his coaches and also covered his face with his hands.

He later threw his jersey into the capacity crowd, who included a large contingent of flag-waving China supporters, and broke into tears.

Graciously, he hugged Lee twice before circling the arena with a China flag draped on his back, to the cheers and applause of an adoring crowd.

Clean sweep

Shortly after his victory, China created Olympic history by claiming an unprecedented sweep of all five Olympic badminton gold medals after Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng won the men's doubles.

The Chinese pair beat Denmark's Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen 21-16, 21-15 to complete the domination of the Chinese in the sport.

But for now, Lin Dan has set his eyes on the biggest match of his life - his wife Xie Xingfang, the former women's world No. 1.

He said: "I have a big problem, I hope I can give my wife a good wedding soon.
    "Of course I will invite Chong Wei, Taufik (Hidayat) and (Peter) Gade, but I don't know if they would be free to attend."

Turning to Lee in the media conference, who was seated to his right, Lin Dan addd: "But there's no need to bring big gifts to my wedding. A large hongbao (red packet) will do!"

(Sorry for this late posting as I just returned to the office after taking a week's leave to watch the LOG on TV)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Loh; 08-14-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a large hongbao will do!! hahaa!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a joke about the big hongbao.

thanks for the article, Loh.

btw, after winning the 2012 OG gold medal, Lin Dan make himself still deserved to be called 'the reigning Olympic, World, and Asian Games champion/gold medallist', at least till next year WC. only 2 players managed to be called like that, isn't it? One is Taufik (2002 AG, 2004 OG and 2005 WC), but he just managed to maintain it for 1 year. Lin Dan at least make it 2 years. let's see what will happen in the next WC.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, after winning the 2012 OG gold medal, Lin Dan make himself still deserved to be called 'the reigning Olympic, World, and Asian Games champion/gold medallist', at least till next year WC. only 2 players managed to be called like that, isn't it? One is Taufik (2002 AG, 2004 OG and 2005 WC), but he just managed to maintain it for 1 year. Lin Dan at least make it 2 years. let's see what will happen in the next WC.
    yes. but only Lin Dan can be addressed as 2 times Olympic Champion, 4 times World Champion, 5 times All England champion and World No 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gangster Lin will play WC13 in Guangchau. CHN needs him as CL is not dependable to face LCW. That's my prediction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Gangster Lin will play WC13 in Guangchau. CHN needs him as CL is not dependable to face LCW. That's my prediction.
    but, will LD still dependable enough then in next year? he's said it, he is tired.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you really think MAS is a big threat to the thomas cup?
    3 points are required to win, where will those 3 points from MAS come from?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friend,why do you call him "Gangster Lin"? Because he looks like one to you or he's done something to deserve it? Or merely said tongue-in-cheek? Still name-calling isn't a very nice thing to do. Besides, we shouldn't judge a person by his looks just as we don't judge a book by its cover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Friend,why do you call him "Gangster Lin"? Because he looks like one to you or he's done something to deserve it? Or merely said tongue-in-cheek? Still name-calling isn't a very nice thing to do. Besides, we shouldn't judge a person by his looks just as we don't judge a book by its cover.
    tongue in cheek...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    I think he's referring to the WC next year, not the 2014 TC/UC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    WC13, that's what I mean. If LD retires now, CHN is not sure fire to win MS title. Also, CHN is hard pressed to qualify 3 players in the top 4. With no LD, LCW and the other non-CHN top players will be 'mentally stronger' (i.e. bolder).
    As for TC, MAS has 1 safe point...even if CY/FHF retires, MAS is iffy to get 1 MD point. Actually, forget about TC title, MAS would be hard pressed not to get demoted, so forget about TC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when will LD held his wedding party? anyone know?

and btw, this article headline is pretty unique.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=65428

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Next month
    Can't wait to see that moment

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Must clarify that I heard next month as the wedding second hand from somebody who has been invited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, just can't wait to see that moment if it's really happen

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never once believe Lin dan will retire after London Olympic because money in badminton is at its peaks now and also badminton is getting more popular

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tongue in cheek...
    Or too many tatoos?