User Tag List

Page 203 of 315 FirstFirst ... 103 153 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 3,435 to 3,451 of 5345
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Lin dan confirmed that he had invited only 3 badminton guests outside China to Xie XF and his wedding at the end of September.

No prizes for guessing who are they.
    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    so, LD just invite Taufik, Peter Gade and LCW?
    yes, of course.
    Watched the OLY12 match between him and TH yesterday. They spoke during the handshake after the match at the net. Probably TH informed him that he is not attending.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin dan confirmed that he had invited only 3 badminton guests outside China to Xie XF and his wedding at the end of September.No prizes for guessing who are they.
    Obama, Putin and najib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badders2006 View Post
    because as we all know...

the ultimate challenge on this planet for any pro badminton player is not to win the olympic gold, but to beat LCW at the MO Final!!!

I mean, has LCW ever lost at the MO????? He is some kind of deity at the MO - totally unbeatable - saves 7 consecutive MPs against the GOAT that is LD - some kind of magical boleh power/ forcefield ensures he cannot be beaten at this tournament!!
    you might as well call lcw to beat ld in a china open which lcw has never won it before..who cares if lcw is unbeatable in MO when he can't even win the World championship, asian games and olympics..im sure lcw would rather lose some MO titles and win the majors man..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bcl beat lcw at MO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lee Chong Wei among shuttle kings attending Lin Dans wedding

Published on Aug 23, 2012

(THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysian national badminton player Lee Chong Wei will be among the three badminton kings to attend his Chinese rival Lin Dan's wedding in September, reported Oriental Daily.

Lee had received an unofficial invitation during the recent 2012 London Olympics to attend the two-time Olympic gold medallist's wedding.

Lin Dan confirmed with China Daily that he invited three badminton players to his wedding in September: Lee, Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat and Denmark's Peter Gade-Christensen.

While the date of Lin Dan's wedding has yet to be set, the Chinese media has dubbed the event as the meeting of the four great kings of badminton outside the badminton court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although you look like a gangster now, you have delivered time and again for you country Lin Dan..

All that hardwork since a decade ago has paid off in fine form mr. god of badminton... your country needs you for another 4 more years... but can you deliver ?? I bet you can and even more than that I believe.... now let's win another Asian Games shall we ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, I just read that LD will continue to play until Rio 2016. He said he just needed a rest not to retire.

I suppose LCW will do likewise to prevent him from taking three consecutive Olympics. Hopefully during the next four years new talents will show up to give them a good fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    Although you look like a gangster now, you have delivered time and again for you country Lin Dan..

All that hardwork since a decade ago has paid off in fine form mr. god of badminton... your country needs you for another 4 more years... but can you deliver ?? I bet you can and even more than that I believe.... now let's win another Asian Games shall we ???
    I think you are confusing what is great for the game and what is not so good.
    Lin Dan has done the game of badminton tons of good publicity, uplifting the game from a perceived 'sissy' game to a game of great warriors. His behavior after the victory plus his tattoos and warrior-like facial features puts the game of badminton into one of extreme sport.
    I am sure the BWF welcomes his antics as a powerful boost to the game.
    In the same vein, the Olympics table tennis gold medallist Zhang Jike even went further than Lin Dan. After his victory for the gold Zhang Jike ripped and tore his shirt in frony of the audience and let out a loud triumphant and loud salute. Zhang later apologized for his behaviour to the president of the world table tennis federation but the president in fact replied that Zhang's antics were what the game of badminton really needed for publicity and praised and thanked Zhang profusely.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I think you are confusing what is great for the game and what is not so good.
    Lin Dan has done the game of badminton tons of good publicity, uplifting the game from a perceived 'sissy' game to a game of great warriors. His behavior after the victory plus his tattoos and warrior-like facial features puts the game of badminton into one of extreme sport.
    I am sure the BWF welcomes his antics as a powerful boost to the game.
    In the same vein, the Olympics table tennis gold medallist Zhang Jike even went further than Lin Dan. After his victory for the gold Zhang Jike ripped and tore his shirt in frony of the audience and let out a loud triumphant and loud salute. Zhang later apologized for his behaviour to the president of the world table tennis federation but the president in fact replied that Zhang's antics were what the game of badminton really needed for publicity and praised and thanked Zhang profusely.
    Well said. Those who take issue with Lin Dan's appearance as if they don't know what he's really like as a person are being superficial;indeed he has done so much to boost the image,profile and status of badminton as an extreme sport of beauty and power that even the ladies are playing more and more like the men in order to excel.

The example you quoted of Zhang Jike in table-tennis is apt, a physically less demanding sport than badminton yet requiring a high degree of speed,agility and dexterity - a far cry from what is sometimes in some parts of the world seen as a "backyard" or "sissy" game just because novices can only start learning the game by 'ping pong' or 'lifting the bird'.

And mind you,both Lin Dan's and Zhang Jike's antics are not affected behaviour, pretending to be what they are not,but as natural and true to themselves as they could be in self-expressions of sheer joy and unadulterated happiness of sporting excellence - that's what we want to see (and not mistaking it,unjustifiably, for arrogance and gloating over their opponents' defeats as some finicky narrow-minded people would like to think).
    Last edited by Justin L; 08-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched a show recently on TV. Its about China's gold medalist celebration event organised by Hong Kong, in Hong Kong where badminton, table tennis, diving gold medalist from china gave some exhibition show. I missed the badminton part, only saw the diving team performing but I heard its quite entertaining where they Yippy also join to play with a Hong Kong actor. But I saw the part where LD playing table tennis with Zhang Jike. The way LD play is quite cute as you can see he's trying very hard to control his strength while Zhang Jike was playing with a lining racket given to him by LD's team mates... LD won the match 7-2. The match was interesting as both were doing stuns n dummy to entertain the crowd. At the end all gold medalist went out to the stadium to perform. Badminton team sang a song with Sally Yeh and played a 2points match outdoor.. LD/ZYL vs Sally/FHF/CY, 2v3.. How cute!
    I cant find the video anywhere, if anybody has that, pls share it here.. Thanks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    I watched a show recently on TV. Its about China's gold medalist celebration event organised by Hong Kong, in Hong Kong where badminton, table tennis, diving gold medalist from china gave some exhibition show. I missed the badminton part, only saw the diving team performing but I heard its quite entertaining where they Yippy also join to play with a Hong Kong actor. But I saw the part where LD playing table tennis with Zhang Jike. The way LD play is quite cute as you can see he's trying very hard to control his strength while Zhang Jike was playing with a lining racket given to him by LD's team mates... LD won the match 7-2. The match was interesting as both were doing stuns n dummy to entertain the crowd. At the end all gold medalist went out to the stadium to perform. Badminton team sang a song with Sally Yeh and played a 2points match outdoor.. LD/ZYL vs Sally/FHF/CY, 2v3.. How cute!
    I cant find the video anywhere, if anybody has that, pls share it here.. Thanks!
    Aya, I missed it too, would love to see it, hope somebody can post or link it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    Oh yeah,can't thank you enough, this must be it, gonna watch it now, almost 2 hrs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Oh yeah,can't thank you enough, this must be it, gonna watch it now, almost 2 hrs!
    What a show from LD!! That very much reminds me of the Harlem Globetrotters putting on a show on the bball court!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot!! appreciate it~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you very much for the video's link.

btw, is there any video of the same event came in parts? the video above is just too long for my connection.

but still managed to wait till LD play WWK. and LD lost? what's happen?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yayachico View Post
    Unfortunately,this part wasn't shown in the video clip,still thanks a lot.