User Tag List

Page 206 of 259 FirstFirst ... 106 156 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 256 ... LastLast
Results 3,486 to 3,502 of 4398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder that why lin dan is looks different in physical appearance now? his skin is much brownish not brighter than before..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faridzuan View Post
    I wonder that why lin dan is looks different in physical appearance now? his skin is much brownish not brighter than before..
    Me too. Wonder why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile, it's been reported he is thoroughly relaxing and enjoying himself and has been approached to appear as one of the hosts for a hugely popular TV show ('China has got Talent') together with Guo Degang(a famous Chinese cross-talk artist), probably Andy Lau (Hong Kong actor),and Zhao Benshan (a famous, highly-respected Chinese comedian and actor). He has also been appearing in several commercial activities, such as fashion show with sexy babe Liu Yifei, not as model,just to grace the event,sign autographs, chit-chat, photo-taking (or photo shoot, I'm not sure).

Badminton is certainly the last thing on his mind now. Makes us wonder when the time comes for him to resume training and competition, will he miss those new-found joys more or badminton? I suspect he may even be thinking his illustrious predecessors, Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, retired around 28 years of age, why not him. True, a while ago he has been saying retirement isn't on his mind and wants to emulate Peter Gade's longevity, we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    It's confirmed, I read from a Chinese sports page that mentioned Lin Dan is on six-month leave after the Olympics. I suppose the earliest we can see him back in action might be March next year.
    Wooow... His WR will probably drop to 50-100 after this six month leave... Look forward to a Round 1 match with LD vs LCW...

5. Likes bad's fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Wooow... His WR will probably drop to 50-100 after this six month leave... Look forward to a Round 1 match with LD vs LCW...
    Oh dear,never thought of that. Yea, what if they meet in R1? More Lin Dan's problem for LCW should no doubt have the upper hand. Actually I would go so far as to say, for the first few months of Lin Dan's comeback, almost anybody could trouble or surprise him. Brace ourselves for it. No matter what,he is always my badminton superhero.

7. Likes Tekkai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    then i supposed it will become the world most anticipated Round 1 match of badminton.

btw, to have lin dan re-enjoy badminton again, maybe they must try pairing him again to play double. at least it would be a new challenge, wouldn't it? :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unbelievably, based on my calculations even with 6 month's absent Lin Dan should still have 85,470 in the bag.
    in today's money will put him as rank No 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    unbelievably, based on my calculations even with 6 month's absent Lin Dan should still have 85,470 in the bag.
    Unbelievable but true? You mean all the six-month tournament ranking points that he stand to lose is still good enough to maintain his 3rd or at least top 10 ranking? Not too bad then but he still have to contend with loss of form and motivation, the latter serious enough to end any top athlete's career.

Don't forget, he's asked CBA to structure a training regimen to suit his needs which to me is equivalent to saying 'Don't expect me to train as hard as before'. Can anybody with lesser training and waning motivation ever maintain their form? Think Taufik and we would know the answer; of course,you might want to argue Lin Dan is Lin Dan,not Taufik;however,as far as I'm concerned, I don't think it will make much difference.

Lin Dan is 29 already,you know, and newly married and probably preparing to be a father; remember,he's made clear now family comes first. Gosh,I'm sounding like a wet blanket. Lin Dan, prove me wrong , please; I beg you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well apart from LCW the other top guys (CL, can't think of anyone else...) haven't been really accumulating many points, and the distance between them and the rest of the pack is substantial, so it figures...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just wish LD and LCW would meet again with both of them on top condition. but would it happen with all the reason Justin has posted?
    Last edited by bad's fan; 10-26-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently LD is asking for rest. If he come back, I m sure he will take up re-training to uplift his form to his own satisfaction. Today's LD would rather retire than expecting himself to lose in every round 1, not like TH.I guess he would ask for smart training considering his age than lack of training if he don't want to retire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unbelievably, based on my calculations even with 6 month's absent Lin Dan should still have 85,470 in the bag.in today's money will put him as rank No 3.
    Oh really? Can't believe that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he will be fined tens of thousands of US$ due to missing tournaments within this 6 months...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has also been appearing in several commercial activities, such as fashion show with sexy babe Liu Yifei,
    sexy babe? hmm.. why can they came together? where is Mrs. Lin? any photo?

But he will be fined tens of thousands of US$ due to missing tournaments within this 6 months...

and who will pay for the fine? CBA, or Lin Dan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    sexy babe? hmm.. why can they came together? where is Mrs. Lin? any photo?

and who will pay for the fine? CBA, or Lin Dan?[/COLOR]
    Here http://sports.qq.com/a/20121025/000102.htm#p=1 You don't expect Mrs Lin to be invited to every of his function, do you? That's the price she has to pay for marrying such a famous,celebrity hubby; relax, give him some breathing space. I've read Sally Yeh and Karen Mok are his admirers and the former was last seen at the Hong Kong Coliseum pulling him close to sing and pose for photos during the Olympians Goodwill Tour while the latter sat with Lin Dan's family at Wembley stadium to cheer for him.

I thought if he didn't submit his name and then withdraw after a certain date, there should be no fine. Not sure what the organizer or sponsor (Li Ning?) will do about it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought if he didn't submit his name and then withdraw after a certain date, there should be no fine. Not sure what the organizer or sponsor (Li Ning?) will do about it though.
    apart from the premier SS that is mandatory for the top 10.

not that 5000 usd is that much of a deal for hin anyway
    Last edited by AlanY; 10-26-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apart from the premier SS that is mandatory for the top 10.not that 5000 usd is that much of a deal for hin anyway
    It was reported that in order to save these many times of USD5000, CBA was thinking to declare LD's leave as "retirement" to BWF. But finally decided not to do so. maybe LD said "this money is not that much of a deal for me. But if do so, my WR points will be totally wiped out and need to start with qualification round after this 6 months and come out of this so-called "retirement""!!!