User Tag List

Page 208 of 313 FirstFirst ... 108 158 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,520 to 3,536 of 5307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    how hefty?

btw, it's weird. read in LCW & WMC wedding thread that LCW did invited LD to his wedding, but LD still not sure to attending because he must competing in a tournament that time. what tournament would it be? China Open?

and one more. LCW, Taufik and PG, they were invited to LD's wedding, right? who among them that finally can make it to the party? any info?
    weird thing is LD not participating in china open

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how hefty?

btw, it's weird. read in LCW & WMC wedding thread that LCW did invited LD to his wedding, but LD still not sure to attending because he must competing in a tournament that time. what tournament would it be? China Open?

and one more. LCW, Taufik and PG, they were invited to LD's wedding, right? who among them that finally can make it to the party? any info?
    How much in total, the article didn't say but it's stated he can well afford the fines which he intended to pay up.

LCW has confirmed that Lin Dan won't be able to make it to his wedding,probably the date clashes with his personal commitments, not the CHN Open PSS which he will skip anyway(and pay the fine?) and it happens to be a few days after LCW's wedding.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, LD won't participate in CO? and of course in BWF Superseries Finals too, i guess? what a pity.

btw, did LCW manage to come when LD married?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Thanks,your news sources are very good;in fact I've been reading one of the sources provided by you for most of my news.

This article seems less optimistic and is speculating that come next year after his six-month break, Lin Dan may well just announce his retirement?!?! Of course,CBA and LYB in particular are very much hoping to see him back but the problem is the commercial world and entertainment circles are enticing him with other attractive offers. It says Lin Dan is even dabbling in property and there is a rumour that a property developer is in talks with him on a business venture. Not only that, an entertainment company is also rumoured to be offering him and HK actor Li Ming and actress Xu Jinlei to host a hugely popular TV programme.

The point, as the writer says, is that such commercial activities and offers are much more lucrative than any badminton prizemoney unlike in tennis.No wonder he's not bothered by the USD5,000 fine per SS event missed.

To compound matters, as we all know,Lin Dan has already won everything there is in badminton and attained an incomparable,unassailable record, what else is there for him to achieve? For this reason, the writer claimed that Lin Dan actually has no intention to take part in Rio OG 2016, saying that he would be 33 years old by then and that age is another factor Lin Dan cannot ignore and he would be realistic about his chances.

Lin Dan has expressed that he is upset with BWF for not granting his temporary retirement request and find it unreasonable that BWF regulations require every player in the top 8 to appear at every SS tournament venue to do promotional activities whether injured or not as long as he/she can walk.

As I've said,the writer ended by saying we may perhaps have to wait until next year when the time comes for Lin Dan to announce his retirement. { Oh dear, I hope the writer is wrong}

[Elsewhere I've read that Lin Dan said he'll resume training in Feb and probably play his first tournament sometime in Mar (but not the All-England held in early Mar)]

kwun, how about starting a poll? Say, What do you think? Lin Dan a) will retire after his half-year break; or b) will carry on after the break.

And another poll that simply ask: Should Lin Dan retire? A) Yes ; b) No.

Note, the first poll is to guess what Lin Dan will do, while the second is asking the pollster for their opinion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, LD won't participate in CO? and of course in BWF Superseries Finals too, i guess? what a pity.

btw, did LCW manage to come when LD married?
    You didn't know that LCW kept saying he'd attend Lin Dan's wedding but didn't turn up in the end after completing the final match of the JPN Open?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    You didn't know that LCW kept saying he'd attend Lin Dan's wedding but didn't turn up in the end after completing the final match of the JPN Open?
    LCW said he couldnt attend LD's wedding cos he had to attend some Yonex function/program. The other top Msian players(KKK/TBH, CPS/GLY) also had to participate in that event

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the CBSL today, Lin Dan needed three games to beat Li Yu. He lost G1, 16-21, then clawed back 21-19 in G2 before running away with G3, 21-9. Hmm, we can imagine what form he's in now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the CBSL today, Lin Dan needed three games to beat Li Yu. He lost G1, 16-21, then clawed back 21-19 in G2 before running away with G3, 21-9. Hmm, we can imagine what form he's in now.
    nah, i think 'lose G1' is already part of LD's playing mode in some occations nowdays. and with that 'style', he still managed to win some matches. so maybe no need to be worry. i hope.

about LD not competing in tournaments for 6 months, but he still competing for CBSL? why? but maybe it can help maintain his fitness.

but it's so pity that LD and LCW can't managed to come to one's of them wedding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much in total, the article didn't say but it's stated he can well afford the fines which he intended to pay up.

LCW has confirmed that Lin Dan won't be able to make it to his wedding,probably the date clashes with his personal commitments, not the CHN Open PSS which he will skip anyway(and pay the fine?) and it happens to be a few days after LCW's wedding.
    It may because the date clases with CBSL on Nov. 10.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sophia_z11 View Post
    It may because the date clases with CBSL on Nov. 10.
    thanks for the info, Sophia_z11. btw, is this CSBL so important to him for skip LCW's wedding?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suetyan once told us that both Lin Dan and Li Xuerui are from Bayi Team,therefore they are obligated to play for them in CBSL. I think they,esp Lin Dan, would rather rest than play if they can help it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info, Sophia_z11. btw, is this CSBL so important to him for skip LCW's wedding?
    I do not know. Maybe he is required to attend if Bayi wants to get a better place this year because their next opponent is Qingdao, which have a lot of great players such as Ma Jin, Hong Wei, Shen Ye, Rat, and Du Pengyu.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suetyan once told us that both Lin Dan and Li Xuerui are from Bayi Team,therefore they are obligated to play for them in CBSL. I think they,esp Lin Dan, would rather rest than play if they can help it.
    Bayi Team (ie, the Army) demands your 100% loyalty.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was reported that in order to help Bayi Team do well in the CBSL and beat the defending champion,Qindao Team, Lin Dan postponed his honeymoon and missed out on attending LCW's wedding to play the semi-final match yesterday, 10th Nov. His opponent was supposed to be Du Pengyu but somehow it was replaced by a relative unknown, Li Ji,who managed to stretch him to three sets.

Still out of practice,Lin Dan started sluggishly and lost the 1st set, 21-18. Once settled in ,he ran off with the next two sets, winning 21-11 and 21-14. The semi-final rematch will be held on 1st Dec.
    Last edited by Justin L; 11-11-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was reported that in order to help Bayi Team do well in the CBSL and beat the defending champion,Qindao Team, Lin Dan postponed his honeymoon and missed out on attending LCW's wedding to play the semi-final match yesterday, 10th Nov. His opponent was supposed to be Du Pengyu but somehow it was replaced by a relative unknown, Li Ji,who managed to stretch him to three sets.

Still out of practice,Lin Dan started sluggishly and lost the 1st set, 21-18. Once settled in ,he ran off with the next two sets, winning 21-11 and 21-14. The semi-final rematch will be held on 1st Dec.
    I watched the match yesterday on TV and Li Qi played pretty good in G1. However, Li Qi could not continue to play with smash because of the stamina, so Lin Dan won easily even Lin was not in good form. Du Pengyu is now preparing for the China Open and I think he will attend the semi-final on Dec which Lin Dan is not going to win considering his current form.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh, go get some practice, Lin Dan. don't want to see you ended like Taufik in his later days.