User Tag List

Page 236 of 294 FirstFirst ... 136 186 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 286 ... LastLast
Results 3,996 to 4,012 of 4995
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I don't see China losing both MD against anyone, if Fu/Cai continue playing and stay injury free. Their 1st MD is definitely their weakest point in TC, CL is gonna be fine against anyone except LCW, and no one has the strength in depth to challenge DPY or LDin the 2nd and 3rd imop. On a bad day, DPY might lose against Daren Liew or Sony Dwi in top shape, but that's rather unlikely imop.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 08-29-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that LCW is not the only one who has to let all the major titles to Lin Dan. Also CL seems to have these circumstances. If he can't beat LD, he rather will get a major title towards to his end of career if LD intends to play until Rio 2016.
    So CL is kinda unlucky too not to be born some years later after the whole LD era.

Fu/Cai: I don't think their injurys will be the biggest problem. I think their biggest opponent and maybe problem is if they still have the same dedication like in the last 4 years. If the dedication is not given there's no point they can be in the top 5 or top 10. Experience matters, but dedication probably more. Not experienced but eager to win is still way better than experienced but not eager to win.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Hmmmm... if I twist my mouth like this, perhaps I can smash even half as hard as him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Hmmmm... if I twist my mouth like this, perhaps I can smash even half as hard as him.
    Actually the direction of the twist is an indication where he is going to smash. Just that it happens in a split second that no one can see.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Actually the direction of the twist is an indication where he is going to smash. Just that it happens in a split second that no one can see.
    Seriously, that actually might be true. I find the theory quite interesting. We need to pull out shots when LD does clears/drops and compare.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it gives you more confidence: Watch Pitbull's mouth when he's singing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan has everything, says Chong Weis coach

Watching Lee Chong Wei practice, one wouldnt make out that hes just gone through yet another heart-wrenching loss. The world No. 1 jokes and laughs around as he goes about his workout with Mumbai Masters teammate Vladimir Ivanov. Theres nothing to suggest that, just over a fortnight ago, he lost the World Championships final to arch-rival Lin Dan another opportunity to bury his personal demons gone.
    Perhaps its a mask to hide the pain. Or perhaps hes just like that, able to let bygones be bygones. Perhaps he doesnt measure himself as we assume he must with whether he wins an Olympic gold or the World Championships. We assume that those will be his ultimate validation as a great player. But perhaps he is comfortable in his skin, and looks at his performances in their real perspective this is sport, not war.
    One man has been his closest aide during his recent campaigns is coach, Tey Seu Bock. A middle-aged man who sits slouched and with shoulders slumped; so different from other athletic-looking coaches, he provides the inputs for Chong Weis successes. As a coach, he monitors the world No.1s training schedule, match preparation and strategies during a match. How does he help his prodigal trainee cope with the pressure?
    Of course theres pressure, he says. But you cannot complain you are world No.1, you have to take it. Its not easy. Malaysias a small country, compared to China. There are plenty of players in China. In Malaysia, we have only one player.
    Lin Dan is a name that will be tied to Chong Wei forever. No mention of Chong Wei is complete without adversary, for they are the two outstanding contemporary practitioners of this sport. Why has Lin Dan managed to win nearly every major encounter between them? Seu Bock says, among other things, it comes down to big-match experience.
    Maybe Lin Dan started having results when he was younger, but Lee Chong Wei began to get results only after he was 24 or 25, Seu Bock says. But it isnt like its been easy for Lin Dan either. Earlier, Lin Dan used to have it easy against Lee Chong Wei, but in the last few years, its been very difficult for Lin Dan. Every match has gone to a rubber set. The level is almost similar.
    What does Lin Dan have that Chong Wei doesnt? To Tey Seu Bock, the equation lies in not just the skills, but in the requirement of victory. Chong Wei plays Superseries after Superseries, winning nearly every event he enters. Lin Dan picks and chooses, and is exempt from that pressure. Seu Bock talks of Lin Dan without envy or bitterness. He acknowledges that perhaps the Chinese great does have some abilities that even Chong Wei cannot acquire.
    Lin Dan has everything (badminton ability). The way of thinking is different. For Lee Chong Wei, he has to get past every round, but for Lin Dan, it doesnt matter even if he loses in first round. Lin Dan is mentally very strong, its not easy to get (that quality), and hes a fantastic player. Chong Wei is also strong mentally, but you cannot make him just like Lin Dan. If you produce one car, you cannot make another exactly like that.
    I think the whole world would find it difficult to produce (another) Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei. This is what we call limited edition. So these two are limited edition. So its difficult how many years its taken to produce them. Its not easy if you want to produce. Even China, its so big, but even they have only one Lin Dan. Malaysia is such a small country, and its not easy to produce another Lee Chong Wei. You have to see the player from young, whether they have potential, natural skill Chong Wei from when he was young had natural skill and attitude.
    Seu Bock knows that his trainee is under relentless scrutiny. Every match of Chong Wei is dissected and analysed. Its natural to study, he says. Every country will study Lee Chong Wei. I have to do my homework also. Everybody does that. China worries about Lee Chong Wei, because he will go to every tournament. But Lin Dan, if hes not happy, will not go. China and Malaysia have different styles.

By : Dev Sukumar Follow @twitter

links:http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/08/2...ng-weis-coach/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunbuddy View Post
    Lin Dan has everything, says Chong Weis coach

One man has been his closest aide during his recent campaigns is coach, Tey Seu Bock.

1.Malaysias a small country, compared to China. There are plenty of players in China. In Malaysia, we have only one player.

2.Maybe Lin Dan started having results when he was younger, but Lee Chong Wei began to get results only after he was 24 or 25

3.Earlier, Lin Dan used to have it easy against Lee Chong Wei, but in the last few years, its been very difficult for Lin Dan. Every match has gone to a rubber set. The level is almost similar.

4.What does Lin Dan have that Chong Wei doesnt? For Lee Chong Wei, he has to get past every round

5.Even China, its so big, but even they have only one Lin Dan.
    Just wondering what this 'guy' is BABBLING ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.First he says , 1...and flip flop...better one flip flop than others, jumped to 5 !! instead of flip flop between 1 and 2. he flips between 1 and 5.

2.so,means LD started winning from age 'day' 1 ? prolly true then.

3. no. LD changes style to 'preserve' his energy and stamina. LCW just thinks he's still 20 yrs old

4. oh ? this is news.....LD got automatic entry all the way to the final ? lol !!!! bookies involved ? oh my....

5. .........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan's consistent physical training in the past year

http://sports.cntv.cn/2013/09/01/VID...01415265.shtml

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice interview of Lin Dan and LCW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    Lin Dan's consistent physical training in the past year

http://sports.cntv.cn/2013/09/01/VID...01415265.shtml
    most motivational video!!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not available for me, though :/ Any other site hosting it, perhaps?

Edit: Scratch that. Chrome works, Firefox doesn't.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 09-02-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Not available for me, though :/ Any other site hosting it, perhaps?

Edit: Scratch that. Chrome works, Firefox doesn't.
    Here you go

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest news according to LYB: http://sports.qq.com/a/20130908/004391.htm

LD will not play any tournaments in the next three months. He will sit back to ponder the meanings of life. And then LD will make a decision to retire or to continue till Rio '16.

Should LD decide to continue, he will back full time in January.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Uh... didn't he like have the past 9 months to do that already?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing I didn't buy that all week pass and new HD cam yet then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can somebody translate the interviews? I know its a lot but I definitely would appreciate it!