User Tag List

Page 241 of 295 FirstFirst ... 141 191 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 291 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,097 of 5012
  1. #4081
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if it's just me, but I'm getting this impression that Lin Dan is starting to resemble David Beckham a bit; with that combed back brown hair, mustache, tattoos..

  2. #4082
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but I'm getting this impression that Lin Dan is starting to resemble David Beckham a bit; with that combed back brown hair, mustache, tattoos..
    He had fulfilled all his obligations to his country and beyond, he is free to release himself whereas LCW still has a mountain at his back. I don' think LCW will beat LD ever again in any major, may be in LCW'S retirement match.

  3. #4083
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    He had fulfilled all his obligations to his country and beyond, he is free to release himself whereas LCW still has a mountain at his back. I don' think LCW will beat LD ever again in any major, may be in LCW'S retirement match.
    You may be right, assuming you consider AG, WC, OLY, TC and SC as majors. Add in AE for old timers' sake as major too.
    That is because LD may not play AG, WC, AE next year. OLY is 3 years away and who knows what condition will LCW be? Too long to even think about it now. If LD starts playing in 2013, that may be an indication that LD is looking to gain ranking points to qualify for RIO and to try a 3-peat.
    TC and SC, even if LD plays, he will not meet LCW due to his ranking.
    So, 'I don't think LCW will beat LD ever again in any major' may have some merit

  4. #4084
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You may be right, assuming you consider AG, WC, OLY, TC and SC as majors. Add in AE for old timers' sake as major too.
    That is because LD may not play AG, WC, AE next year. OLY is 3 years away and who knows what condition will LCW be? Too long to even think about it now. If LD starts playing in 2013, that may be an indication that LD is looking to gain ranking points to qualify for RIO and to try a 3-peat.
    TC and SC, even if LD plays, he will not meet LCW due to his ranking.
    So, 'I don't think LCW will beat LD ever again in any major' may have some merit
    Trying to get into LD's head, I believe he will play the next WC, as for OLY, there is 51% that he will play.

  5. #4085
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think we should have a poll. Will LD play 2014WC?

    a. Yes, entering via wildcard
    b. Yes, entering by having enough World Ranking points
    c. No, because he doesn't have enough WR points and is denied wildcard.
    d. No, because he doesn't want to play.

  6. #4086
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    i think we should have a poll. Will LD play 2014WC?

    a. Yes, entering via wildcard
    b. Yes, entering by having enough World Ranking points
    c. No, because he doesn't have enough WR points and is denied wildcard.
    d. No, because he doesn't want to play.
    yes, I pick answer a.

  7. #4087
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    i think we should have a poll. Will LD play 2014WC?

    a. Yes, entering via wildcard
    b. Yes, entering by having enough World Ranking points
    c. No, because he doesn't have enough WR points and is denied wildcard.
    d. No, because he doesn't want to play.
    My answer is e. Yes because its becoming easier and easier to beat LCW.

  8. #4088
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An indication whether LD plays WC14 would be if LD does not start playing in Jan 2014 to get ranking points, then I would say he gives a flying flip about WC2014...ie he couldn't care less.

  9. #4089
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BTW is there a reason why LD often plays relatively few tournaments vacating the 1 spot to LCW? I mean he won a ton of big tournament so he can probably live with LWC having more weeks at #1 than he has and he is probably doing that to save energy for the big tournaments but at least in the non olympic years he could play the full tour and take the #1 ranking back, couldn't he? sorry if that question sounds basic, I'm quite new to the sport.

  10. #4090
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,911
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD is not interested in winning more tournaments, especially the minors ones. He has won so many majors that world ranking now appears of least interest to him. It was reported that his priority now is his family. Hopefully he can become a father soon.

    However, if he decides to participate in the WC or the Rio Olympics, he has to start entering more high level tournaments to earn more ranking points in order to qualify. I believe he also has to fulfil his commercial obligations to his sponsors, etc.

  11. #4091
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,490
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dominikk1985 View Post
    BTW is there a reason why LD often plays relatively few tournaments vacating the 1 spot to LCW? I mean he won a ton of big tournament so he can probably live with LWC having more weeks at #1 than he has and he is probably doing that to save energy for the big tournaments but at least in the non olympic years he could play the full tour and take the #1 ranking back, couldn't he? sorry if that question sounds basic, I'm quite new to the sport.
    What Loh said, plus there're also many tournaments within China that Chinese players have to compete in, so especially playing in singles which is more taxing physically, LD chooses to go only for the major international tournaments.

  12. #4092
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kl,malaysia
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Watching Lin Dan vs Du Peng Yu in China National Games made me realise that LD has reach a new level of game. The slow Lin Dan is even more lethal than the rapid fire LD of old. The way he made Du run while he effortlessly move around the court should make all contenders wary. As long LYB feels LD can whip Du, CL, and WZM asses, he will make sure LD qualifies for OLY 16.That's why he is not out in many tournaments. He is already milking money from his sponsorship and retirement money from Govt for the two golds he won. LYB is making sure that LD body is not overworked and making him peak at the right time. LCW on the other hand does not have that luxury, the back up are no where near his standard and the Msian govt has not guarantee his future income so he needs to play in more tournaments. There is also obligation to play in tournaments his sponsor sponsors. We havnt seen the last of LD yet.

  13. #4093
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try doing these tricks yourself, see if it works?


  14. #4094
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Service is very important


  15. #4095
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is the black racket LD is using in CBSL ?

  16. #4096
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    What is the black racket LD is using in CBSL ?
    I've been wondering the same ! Curious indeed....I took the liberty to take a few screenshots!

    Name:  ld new 1.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  40.8 KBName:  ld new 3.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  68.3 KBName:  ld new 4.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  64.5 KBName:  ld new.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  51.8 KB

  17. #4097
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WWAAO
    Posts
    2,144
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe a prototype from Li-Ning? There's also a rumor going around that Yonex has re-signed LD. Not sure how true can that be though since the CHN team is sponsored by Li-Ning.

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •