User Tag List

Page 243 of 315 FirstFirst ... 143 193 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 293 ... LastLast
Results 4,115 to 4,131 of 5343
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its ridiculous , Lin Dan is good relationship with Lee Yong Bo la ... He like him..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I haven't visited this thread for a long time. What 2cents wrote is quite plausible.

i remember a long time back, Dong Jiong and Sun Jun also wanted to get a better percentage of prize money. Basically, Li Yong Bo threw them out of the team. Sun Jun got back in but not Dong Jiong.

I am keeping an open mind on Lin Dan. I do think he's got something going on with sponsorship. Watch the gossip fly when something is announced.

I find it incredible he was able to win the world championship and think it was a great way to show LYB up. If Chen Long wasn't around, LYB would be in a real problem for TC.

This information puts me into doubt whether we will see LD in TC.

I have sympathy for LD. Didn't he follow team orders all the time including givng up the 2003 world championships semifinal.
    LD would get the 3rd point for CHN in TC. Without LD, KOR has a good chance of taking her 1st TC, if LHI plays and LD not. Even JAP can pull an upset.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys: Is Lin dan still using BG 65 string ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all of the talks regarding patriotism, if i were LD; I would start my own badminton brand instead. It would sell really well in China for sure and the rest of the world would did well too, if the quality is there. Not to mention how much sponsorship money will it safe by having LD on board.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is still playing and don't think CBA or LYB allows it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if lindan going to start his brand,he cant continue to play
    if lindan want to continue to play,then he cant start his brand
    your choice?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    He's sponsored by Li ning I'm sure he can't? Maybe in the past he did I think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad times....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

miss Lin Dan so much

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post

Refer to this thread

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...LIN-DAN-String

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually a few weeks ago, Lin Dan has once again announced at a certain official opening of a commercial event that he will return to the national team to resume winter training next January to sometime in February, after which he will be in active competition (from March 2014) to garner ranking points as quickly and as much as possible.

Whilst it's true the BWF president Larsen has expressed his willingness to grant Lin Dan a wild card again this time for the 2014 WC in Copenhagen should he somehow not qualify the normal way, I believe Lin Dan is aware of the necessity and importance of raising his world ranking to a sufficiently high level in good time if he is serious about aiming for the Rio 2016 Olympics. In fact Lin Dan has commented as much to that effect.

Personally, I'm also not sure if Lin Dan is keen to play in the 2014 WC. This year's WC was different and special in that he was first taken by surprise by the wild card issuance and, more importantly, the event was held in his home country, his wife's hometown to boot, so he felt duty-bound to participate.Well, we'll know the answer when the time comes.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A few weeks is a long time. We have know learnt the relationship between him and LYB may not be so cosy. And then, Lin Dan may be signing an equipment sponsorship deal. It's complicated......

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which mean he admit that he been kicked out
    haha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Whilst it's true the BWF president Larsen has expressed his willingness to grant Lin Dan a wild card again this time for the 2014 WC in Copenhagen should he somehow not qualify the normal way
    For real?!?!?!
    I never expected that the BWF president would promise LD for a wild card. Why should LD get a free wild card again if there are a lot other potential good players from other countrys who'd wish to get a wild card. Why give the wild card to a multiple world and olympic champion who was too lazy to attend in some few superseries tournaments?

Expressing the willingness of the bwf president sounds pretty like a guaranteed wild card. This is additionaly a reason why LD would not try too hard to qualify for the WC2014.

For real, he's a great champion, but he doesn't deserve a wild card just because he was "too busy".
    Fans of other players can't blame him for his greatness, but for sure his lazyness should he get the wild card again.
    And honestly, the other MS players from the china squad deserves a slot as well. So my opinion is: As long LD is not at least the second best ranked chinese, he doesn't deserve a slot in the WC2014.
    Why should DPY, WZM and so on work hard on theirself if they have to skip WC2014 just because the great LD decided to participate?
    @Justin L : You have any source links for your comment?
    Last edited by Accordaz; 11-15-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    For real?!?!?!
    I never expected that the BWF president would promise LD for a wild card. Why should LD get a free wild card again if there are a lot other potential good players from other countrys who'd wish to get a wild card. Why give the wild card to a multiple world and olympic champion who was too lazy to attend in some few superseries tournaments?

Expressing the willingness of the bwf president sounds pretty like a guaranteed wild card
    . This is additionaly a reason why LD would not try too hard to qualify for the WC2014.

For real, he's a great champion, but he doesn't deserve a wild card just because he was "too busy".
    Fans of other players can't blame him for his greatness, but for sure his lazyness should he get the wild card again.
    And honestly, the other MS players from the china squad deserves a slot as well. So my opinion is: As long LD is not at least the second best ranked chinese, he doesn't deserve a slot in the WC2014.
    Why should DPY, WZM and so on work hard on theirself if they have to skip WC2014 just because the great LD decided to participate?
    @Justin L : You have any source links for your comment?
    'Willingness' and 'promise' are two different meanings so in this context, it's probably better to be err on the side of caution and not use the word 'promise'. I interpret 'willingness' as an intention to consider the wild card based on its merits. That includes all the arguments that we had before in the

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-got-wild-card

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...d+card+lin+dan

In fact, I consider Lin Dan getting another wild card as a real possibility even more so now. The decision to award him a wild card in the 2013 WC generated huge interest and controversy without BWF having to spend extra money on marketing. That he won was even better. The final was a no-lose situation for BWF.

A second wildcard to BWF for LD in the next WC would be a marketing coup. Lin Dan is obviously not in decline and LD's presence will have people glued to the screens talking about badminton (whether he wins or loses). If I put myself in BWF's shoes, that is exactly what I want - more people to talk about badminton.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @Accordaz , it's here (in Mandarin), thanks to pcll99 who first posted the link at Lee CW's thread http://gzdaily.dayoo.com/html/2013-1...nt_2426253.htm .

Cheung is right, a willingness to consider granting a wild card to Lin Dan for the 2014 WC as expressed by the BWF president is not the same as a promise to do so. I also fully concur with his view above, post #4131.

But,personally, I don't see why not and fully support the BWF president Larsen should he decide to do so when the time comes. Look how great the last WC turned out, need I say more !

Another reason which I hold is that a defending champion should have automatic qualification as is happening in quite a few professional sports/games. What's more, a true world champion is one who is able to beat all the best in the world and prove it by not avoiding him unless it's not his fault as when the best player is knocked out by someone else.

Anyway, much of this topic has already been discussed and debated elsewhere in the relevant threads listed by Cheung, no point covering the same ground here.