User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default places in edmonton alberta canada where i can buy top end racquets?

all i know is to go to sportchek for racquets (best they have is mp 24)
    there are no yonex dealers here i think
    i heard there is a place called Lee's? is this in edmonton?
    i prefer not to buy off ebay tho

any info would help alot

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well also anywhere in calgary would be good too
    since i could probably just go there pick one up and it wouldnt cost too hefty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in calgary, go to

'what's your racket'

'glencoe club' pro shop

'calgary winter club' pro shop

i think you can bargain hard with them as they more flexible these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may also try buying off of the forums

many people here are looking to sell and trade rackets all the time.
    I just bought 2 x Carlton Rasmussen Tour (2004 model) from singapore, lightly used. These rackets aren't even available in North America and after conversion it was a great price. I'm expecting them to arrive any day now and can't wait. One of the only people using these rackets in the Western Hemisphere. How cool is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can check out:

Sweet Spot - http://www.sweetspotcanada.com

or the Royal Glenora Pro shop.

both places are pretty hefty..but you might be able to bargain with them. Royal Glenora pro shop prices will most likely stay the same but the guy working sweet spot might bend the price a lil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow thanks, you guys helpful

the at800 too hefty for me

but the armortec 700 doesnt look to bad if i can bargain them down to 270 with stringing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! That's cuz he owned the store! Rob from SweetSpot is a nice guy but I think your better bet is to buy from oversea. Know anybody going back to HK or China? Just ask them to bring one or two racquets back.

Quote Originally Posted by yonexfanatic
    you can check out:

Sweet Spot - http://www.sweetspotcanada.com

or the Royal Glenora Pro shop.

both places are pretty hefty..but you might be able to bargain with them. Royal Glenora pro shop prices will most likely stay the same but the guy working sweet spot might bend the price a lil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Heh! That's cuz he owned the store! Rob from SweetSpot is a nice guy but I think your better bet is to buy from oversea. Know anybody going back to HK or China? Just ask them to bring one or two racquets back.
    yah my mom bought two from malaysia
    one was fake mp 88
    other was real but broke in a huge clash

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh! Sorry to hear that, trunks512. MP88s are really fragile, that's the first Yonex racquet I broke with my own racquet in a clash... and it's my friend's.

Might I suggest that you try United Cycle along Whyte Ave. They have a few choice selections of Victor and Black Knight racquets that are really decent and not too much of a hit on your pocketbook. Nothing too fancy, but they could order in a specific model out of the Victor catalogue if you know what you like in a racquet.

Quote Originally Posted by trunks512
    yah my mom bought two from malaysia
    one was fake mp 88
    other was real but broke in a huge clash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that, trunks512. MP88s are really fragile, that's the first Yonex racquet I broke with my own racquet in a clash... and it's my friend's.

Might I suggest that you try United Cycle along Whyte Ave. They have a few choice selections of Victor and Black Knight racquets that are really decent and not too much of a hit on your pocketbook. Nothing too fancy, but they could order in a specific model out of the Victor catalogue if you know what you like in a racquet.
    im a yonex sucker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! To the detriment of mom dearest's pocketbook. Seriously though, you pay premium for the brand in Alberta. Unless you can score a good deal online or oversea, there's not many places that'll give you a good price for Yonex racquets. For badminton racquets, durability is definitely not a performance trait... at least not in the current Yonex lines. If you get your racquets strung by Rob at Sweet Spot, maybe you can get him to give you some discount on a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by trunks512
    im a yonex sucker
    PS: Lee's in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also looking for shops in Edmonton to buy badminton equipment (grips, strings, shirts etc) from but i live in Grande Prairie. All I know is The Sweet Spot and heard they were expensive. I'm going to Edmonton in a few days and was going to get a new racket, if anyone knows where there are other places that sell yonex rackets in Edmonton could you kindly post it for me? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm from Edmonton, AB. You can try Sportchek, Sportmart, Canadian Tire (Mostly Carlton).

pho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use Badminton Direct, however keep in mind they are not a Yonex authorized dealer. When it come to warrenty claims if something happend to the racket, Yonex will not honor the warrenty because it was not purchased from an authorized dealer.

Therefore to be on the safe side, if you want to save money, it would be better obtain the racket from Yonex authorized dealer overseas by shopping online. Keep in mind, if you need to do a warrenty claim, the racket will need to be sent back to where it came from.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add on to the last part.

or to the appropriate Yonex subsidary/distributor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You could use Badminton Direct, however keep in mind they are not a Yonex authorized dealer. When it come to warrenty claims if something happend to the racket, Yonex will not honor the warrenty because it was not purchased from an authorized dealer.

Therefore to be on the safe side, if you want to save money, it would be better obtain the racket from Yonex authorized dealer overseas by shopping online. Keep in mind, if you need to do a warrenty claim, the racket will need to be sent back to where it came from.

I do not know much about their operation, but IF Badminton Direct sources from an Authorized Yonex Dealer, they would be able to make the claim on your behalf.

Either way, whether you buy from Badminton Direct or an overseas authorized Yonex dealer, for any warranty claim you need to pay for return shipping (which is not cheap for 1 racquet).

So it's not true you would be "saving money" by buying from an overseas dealer. Just wanted to clarify that misleading info.

Regards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSX View Post
    I do not know much about their operation, but IF Badminton Direct sources from an Authorized Yonex Dealer, they would be able to make the claim on your behalf.

Either way, whether you buy from Badminton Direct or an overseas authorized Yonex dealer, for any warranty claim you need to pay for return shipping (which is not cheap for 1 racquet).

So it's not true you would be "saving money" by buying from an overseas dealer. Just wanted to clarify that misleading info.

Regards.
    With unauthorized dealers they are not obligated to perform the warrenty claim back to the authorized dealer - there shops that exactly do just that, some of them even act if they do not know you once you walk out the door after they get the customer's money.

"Saving money" is not leading because since if the shop is not going to assist you - you will have to purchase a brand new racket. Now, compare that to assuming if you have to pay for return shipping, the price will not be anywhere close to the cost of purchasing a new racket.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast