User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    With unauthorized dealers they are not obligated to perform warrenty claim back to the authorized dealer - there a few shops that exactly do just that, in some of them even act if they do not know you once you walk out the door.

"Saving money" is not leading because since if the shop is not going to assist you - you will have to purchase a brand new racket. Now, compare that to assuming if you have to pay for return shipping, it the price will not be anywhere close to the cost of the racket.

The point is you don't know (as I don't) what the policy is for Badminton Direct. The customer would need to confirm the policy before purchase if warranty is a concern.

But you stated you would "save money" by purchasing from overseas, which is inaccurate since you are making assumptions about the operations policy, and assuming that the purchase will involve a warranty claim. What percentage of Yonex racquetsare broken due to a manufacturer's defect ?
    Not many.
    Last edited by RSX; 05-30-2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strongly do not believe it is inaccurate at all.

I have already read the policy on their website, 7 day warrenty? Impact damage, well it sounds like it is up to the store's discretion for that.

In terms of the racket percentage broken by defects, it would be small; however that Yonex has replaced rackets other than manufacturing defects which is helpful to the customer. The authorized shops from time to time have done warranty claims other than manufacturing defects and Yonex just replaces them per case basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt, let me re-phrase what RSX is asking you as I don't think you are getting his point:

Your claim that you will save money by purchasing from overseas hinges on the assumption that the purchase will involve a warranty claim, . To support your claim, you will have to show how likely would a warranty claim be needed. You said the likelyhood is small, how small? 1%, 2%, 10%? Do you even know? If you cannot answer this then it is clear you are making a claim that you cannot support.
    Last edited by pedro22; 05-30-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One problem. How about after 10 days, how about up to a year and over? Yonex has replaced rackets other than manufacturing defects such as impact. It is up to Yonex's discretion it they will honor it even thou techncially it is no longer valid. This is also verified by talking with various authorized dealers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pedro,

You guys clearly know what I am referring to.

You do save money if you purchase a racket overseas – it does not actually rely on a warranty claim. Knowing the warranty is there is better vale for your money compared to none as a consumer in general. If it does need a warranty claim, you still save money anyways. Why? Unauthorized dealers are not obligated to help and it may come to the point where you find out that the customer has to purchase a new racket.

You are aware I got my JP and SP rackets from going directly to the source for a very good price.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2007 at 02:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you also claim you got your racquets at a cheaper price by ordering overseas, but inspite of other people asking you several times, you have not provided any links to show that mere mortals like us can actually do the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Matt,

Just like to get your opinion. What is a good price difference between a CD or US coded vs a SP or TH coded racquet. Assume the unauthorized dealer in CAN or USA don't give a damn about the MAP and warrenty is not an issue. Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro

It’s not a claim, it’s a fact that I gotten rackets cheaper overseas. Note that, I have invoice/statements.

I will not use “the theory of the baby bird”, by giving the information because they just want the answer. It is up to them to research if they want to find out. My professor mentioned about this theory to give an insight of what the University expectations are.

Let me give you a little snippet of what I have. As mentioned, there are other people who know about these kinds of routes as well.

Last edited by Matt; 05-30-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro

Itís not a claim, itís a fact that I gotten rackets cheaper overseas. Note that, I have invoice/statements.
    I'm sure you have been able to get racquets "cheaper" overseas, I don't think anyone is questioning that. However you fail to leave out details. Can you order 1 racquet (as that is what this poster is asking about), and after paying shipping, customs charges (I'm talking about an over the board transaction where actual value is declared), payment fees and exchange, how much do you save ? That's a direct question, So pls provide a direct answer.

Further, what about the fact that some people prefer not to order online, especially from overseas for various reasons. Like the person who started this by asking about buying a racquet in EDMONTON.

I will not use ďthe theory of the baby birdĒ, by giving the information because they just want the answer. It is up to them to research if they want to find out. My professor mentioned about this theory to give an insight of what the University expectations are.
    This is a forum for sharing information related to badminton. I dont' think anyone care's about your professor's theories. If you are unable or unwilling to share information, and can not support your claims, comments as those made in this thread are of no value.

Let me give you a little snippet of what I have. As mentioned, there are other people who know about these kinds of routes as well.
    First of all this is not in English, so I personally can not understand it. But it looks like pricing in YEN. Great, now what about details such as shipping, etc. ?

All I (and others) ask is that if you're going to make comments, that you back them up with real facts and provide direct responses.

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I help the people who know me. Of course may not care about the theory, the fact is if people want to know something, they can research themself just like I.

You save a good amount because it is still cheaper anyways with shipping (around 14-15 CAD) charages and even if you do get charged with customs or not (the lucky ones). That is assuming 1 only.

It does not matter if the site is in Japanese. Figure your way around.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-31-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I help the people who know me. Of course may not care about the theory, the fact is if people want to know something, they can research themself just like I.

You save a good amount because it is still cheaper anyways with shipping (around 14-15 CAD) charages and even if you do get charged with customs or not (the lucky ones). That is assuming 1 only.

It does not matter if the site is in Japanese. Figure your way around.
    Matt, it's not worth debating with you because you can never provide a direct answer or support to your erroneous claims. Ignorance is Bliss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSX View Post
    Matt, it's not worth debating with you because you can never provide a direct answer or support to your erroneous claims. Ignorance is Bliss.
    I could careless. Why should I provide direct answers for people trying to be a leech, suck-up or want to be baby fed?
    Last edited by Matt; 05-31-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man why do we always have to get into these fights over importing etc. The quick breakdown is simply:

1. If you buy from overseas, buy from a reputable authorized dealer that has demonstrated support for oversea purchasers when a racket needs to sent back on warranty claims (you pay shipping of course).

2. If you buy from an importer, ask how they will support you through their overseas contact since you are not the person buying from the authorized dealer. Make sure they will support you in making your warranty claim (you pay shipping of course) with the appropriate region.

3. Understand your warranty rights/avenues. If you buy overseas you will need to deal with that regions distributor for the warranty claim as well the warranty claim will probably have to be made through an authorized dealer.

4. You can get your racket cheaper from an importer or an overseas store versus an authentic racket from your region. Please factor in everything, shipping, taxes, duties, etc... sometimes the shipping alone can eat up all of the savings.

Make sure you do your own research and investigation since it is your money. Now can we please be civil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could careless. Why should I provide direct answers for people trying to be a leech, suck-up or want to be baby fed?
    Mmm.. so you feel people coming to BC to ask for help finding a less expensive way to buy their racquets are leeches and suck-ups, and you couldn't care any less about them. How very nice of you.

I suspect I understand why it's almost like an obsession for you to steer people away from folks like mjstrings and badmintondirect. Are you ticked off so much by them because they actually care about the badminton community in Canada by providing the service they do? Who do they think they are, caring about total strangers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro22 View Post
    Mmm.. so you feel people coming to BC to ask for help finding a less expensive way to buy their racquets are leeches and suck-ups, and you couldn't care any less about them. How very nice of you.

I suspect I understand why it's almost like an obsession for you to steer people away from folks like mjstrings and badmintondirect. Are you ticked off so much by them because they actually care about the badminton community in Canada by providing the service they do? Who do they think they are, caring about total strangers?
    I researched this myself, do your own work.

Tell me why should I care about them? Do they know me? What have they done for me? Do have something for me? Do I know them? If I ask them to borrow a subtantial amount of money, would they do it? Tough question eh?

I do not support unauthorized dealers for anything.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-01-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now it's really clear this unauthorized dealer thing got you possessed (in the Omen kind of way ). I was talking about caring about the average Canuck who comes to BC for help on badminton stuff. Or maybe you don't care about them too.

Get yourself a large iced cap from Timmy's, time to cool down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me no, haven't you actually figured out that I was putting up a show?

Quite a few people who knew me on the forums figured it out and started talking to me and we had our laughs about it.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-01-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting way too unhelpful and unfriendly. Please cease and desist. You guys wanna a pissing match, you should take your racquets and take them to the nearest baddy court.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast