Results 1 to 17 of 76
11-01-2004, 05:29 AM #1
Shuttles to recommend and state the price in sin$
would anyone please recommend me some shuttles in sin.
11-01-2004, 05:47 AM #2
how bout Victor? the red one only $15+ in queensway...or Victor Champion $23+/-...hehe both got nice hitting sound...Sintec Blue wan also nice...$23-25...
11-01-2004, 07:19 AM #3
Lately I had done a research and tested on the following shuttlecocks
1. Sintec 818(blue tournament grade)
2. Proace At75
3. Protech PT-10
4. Protech Green
5. Aeroplane G1130
6. Aeroplane EG1130
9. Victor Champion (Green)
10. Space Arrow WS-1
11. YuXiang G101 & 102(China import)
12. TaiLai 001 & 201(China import)
13. Yonex AS30, AS40 & MAVIS 350
14. Gosen(can't recall the model)
15. Wilson(can't recall the model)
16. other brands that not worth mentioning
Shuttlecock -as the most expensive aspect in badminton, I need to determine which brand of shuttlecock gives the best value for money. Expensive doesn't mean durable, cheap doesn't mean you can save money either.
I tested the shuttlecock base on flight consistancy, flight path & durability.
After confirming my results with 3 other different badminton group leaders, I conclude the following....
PM me if you are interested in my conclusion. Don't think it's a good idea to give remarks on those brands, may get sued for tarnishing their reputation or advertise for a particular brand.
Last edited by Netasia; 11-01-2004 at 07:26 AM.
11-01-2004, 09:35 AM #4
Ashaway-red colour tube got practice word imprint on it.
Budget $9.9 only, IMHO more durable than Yonex AS 10.
11-01-2004, 10:56 AM #5
Perhaps you can post your conclusions on the equipment forum for all to see.
Originally Posted by Netasia
11-01-2004, 08:23 PM #6
One of my friends brought for us to try and the shuttle although cheap was not durable.Me and my group of friends are hardhitter and we always play with at least an ashaway official.i dont think the ashaway practice suits our style of play.
Originally Posted by aerotus70
11-01-2004, 08:44 PM #7
badmintoncentral has been soliciting and categorizing reviews for years--no law suits yet!
11-01-2004, 08:53 PM #8
Originally Posted by Netasia
11-01-2004, 09:09 PM #9
Originally Posted by kwun
11-02-2004, 12:30 AM #10
lol FEND, hope someone really come to my rescue when in need.
Since I was assure for not getting into any trouble, I'll publish my conclusion here.
1. Sintec 818 is a tournament grade of shuttlecock used in the Toa Payoh West CC competition. It gives good flight consistancy but the speed slows down after some hard smashes. Each ball is good enough to last for a match.
2. Proace AT-75, the feather begains to spread widely after a few base to base stroking, have to change a new shuttle when the actual game begains.
3. Protech PT10. Shuttle starts to wobble after a few hard smash. I believe in the same tube, you get a mixture of good and bad shuttlecocks. Each ball lasted about 1.2 game
4. Protech Green. Good durable shuttlecock. On an average, each ball can last about 2 games at intermediate level of play.
5. Aeroplane G1130. Also a good shuttle, each ball lasted about 1.3 match.
6. Aeroplane EG1130. What can I say, it's by far the best shuttle I have ever used. During our test, its amazingly lasted 4 matches before we decided to change a new one. The feather doesn't break easily. The flight path also gives an excellent feel.
7. Victor Green, not a bad shuttle. Good enough for serious players. Each ball lasted about 1.5 game.
8. Space Arrow WS-1, approved by IBF. This shuttle impressed me not by its durablility, but its flight path. Gives extraordinary feel and control. Each ball lasted about 1.5 game. Recommended for serious competitive play.
9. YuXiang, I wonder if they ever have QC. Each tube is mixed with good and poor shuttles. Good flight but lousy consistancy. Each ball only lasted about 0.5 game.
10. Tailai 001. Another china import. Gives good durablility and flight path. Each ball lasted about 2 game.
11. Tailai 201. Suitable for average play, each ball can last till 1 match. Good for training use or friendly match.
12. Yonex AS-40 is selling at about S$30 in major sport stores, the price quoted here were base on the cheapest rate that I can find in Singapore. Gives excellent flight path, but not very durable.
13. Yonex MAVIS 350. only use this for training, super durable but lousy flight path and feel. When hit, it gives a uncomfortable feel, or maybe I'm not use to that feel.
14. Gosen(not gosen gold) & wilson. Both ok for friendly match. Each ball can only last about 0.75 game.
Conslusion? I have to say, what's your style of play. Some group don't mind reusing the ball for another match while others insist on getting a new ball for each game. If you ask me, I would recommend the followings:
a. Aeroplane EG1130
b. Space arrow WS-1
c. Yonex AS40
Serious Competitive Play
a. Protech Green
b. Tailai 001
c. Victor Green
d. Yonex AS30
a. Sintec 818
b. Protech PT10
c. Aeroplane G1130
a. Yonex MAVIS 350
b. Tailai 201
c. Proace AT75
Well, that's about all I've to say now. Perhaps you guys can make some comments on my reseach or add your own views on the above shuttles.
*The above conclusion is solely base on my personal view and has no commercial values.
Our Badminton Group Website
Last edited by Netasia; 11-02-2004 at 12:38 AM.
11-02-2004, 08:53 AM #11
ok really thanks so much i really appreciate your help for giving such a gd commment on a wide variety of shuttles.Originally Posted by Netasia
11-03-2004, 01:21 AM #12
Wat about Yang Yang 300B? Have anyone try it?
11-03-2004, 02:00 AM #13
have heard good comments about Yang Yang 300b, but personally i've not tried it. Anyone care to post your review about this shuttlecock here?
11-03-2004, 05:50 AM #14
yang yang 300b ok only, space arrow, protech betterOriginally Posted by Netasia
11-03-2004, 11:00 AM #15
Originally Posted by Netasia
11-04-2004, 01:58 AM #16
you can try queensway shopping center.
11-04-2004, 02:25 AM #17
erm aeroplane no idea however protech u can definetely get it in bras basah a wide variety there as well as the famous pt10(the black colour tube).You go hg sports hall play i go there every sunday.Originally Posted by Fusionjaz
By KinkySmasher in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 2: 11-15-2011, 02:30 AM
By blindfury in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 0: 09-24-2010, 10:00 PM
By Gigabit in forum ShuttlecockReplies: 0: 10-25-2008, 04:23 AM
By kjw96 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 10: 06-24-2008, 12:59 AM
By badrad in forum ShuttlecockReplies: 14: 03-09-2002, 11:01 PM