An idea on dealing with bootleggers...

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Mr. Anderson, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Regular Member

Molecule builder
    Ok I know this idea sounds crazy, but please give it a thought before shooting it down.

Maybe we could create an account on eBay for the sole purpose of bidding on fake rackets. This way we can prevent innocent users from falling into these traps. Obviously the account is going to get a lot of negative feedback but who cares, its only purpose is to stop the bootleggers.

Of course the bootleggers can just post another auction after the current one ends but at least we can give them a headache. Only problem is that I don't know if eBay will ban you forever from creating accounts if you do things like this too many times.

2. NB1700

NB1700 Regular Member

Don't you have something better to do, folk?:rolleyes:

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You just answered ur own question... :)

4. Glacier5000

Glacier5000 Regular Member

Dumb Ass

The seller can always cancel bids if he see that you have a negative feedback, or if you don't pay for auctions, he can also complain to ebay and have your account striked.

A simple way, if you have nothing better to do, is just report the items to ebay (up to 10 at a time) as counterfeit items. Let ebay suspend their account, and after awhile, hopefully they run out of credit card numbers to use on ebay.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I for 1 would not buy a racquet on ebay, because the chance of it being fake is just too high. ****ers selling fakes as original should be hanged.

5. jsyur

jsyur New Member

Fake Yonex Armortec MP Muscle Power Carbonex Isometric Ti Badminton Racket Racquet

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I got an idea. Since bluejeff is keeping a list of fake sellers:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=192365&postcount=444

Why doesn't he post a selling of the list on ebay for 1 cent (plus free shipping :p ) with the maximum long listing period. To further help those who really want to save that 1 cent, he can even put the list in the 'product description' directly. Then, no one will miss it. What left is to pick an eye-catching product name. Let me see...:rolleyes: What about

Yonex Armortec MP Muscle Power Carbonex Isometric Ti Badminton Racket Racquet Fake List
    :D

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am not sure if this is a good idea.

Without the actual proof, I don't think you can accuse other sellers on ebay. Remember, ebay could survive because of the sellers, not the buyers. I don't want anyone to get involved in any law suit.

7. jsyur

jsyur New Member

Well. We can refine the wording, like "selling 'unofficial' Yonex racket...".
    For most cases Bluejeff found, there are proofs.

Anyway, policing ebay is not what we are capable of doing. It should be the job of the manufacturers, eBay, customer protection agecies, or even the police department. Imagine what if you are selling fake Rolex in San Francisco, or New York!
    But, if we really want to step in and do something, it comes with a price. Remember. We are breaking somebody's 'business'.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    All the proof listed here are not "proof" being considered by E-bay, why?

1. Non of us are Yonex certified agent. Therefore, even we know we are telling the truth, but to others (especially ppl who don't know anything about fakes), all our statements just "proofless accuse". Therefore, we will get into trouble sooner and easier than any of the fake sellers.

2. Always remember, Ebay is more than willing to protect sellers than buyers... :cool:

3. Rolex is much more valueable than any rackets. That's why there are tons of experts who are hired to identify fake $100,000 worth goods, but no one is hired to identify fake $100 stuff.

4. Rolex has the reputation as "valueable", badminton has the reputation of "toys"... Then, which one takes up the top priority is obvious. :rolleyes:

#8 LazyBuddy, Nov 4, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I'll have to agree :) because Badminton is not considered as a type of sports in most of Americans' mind. If today we are talking about Tennis or Baseball, then eBay (which is an American company) would probably pay more attention to it.

Sigh.....We need to promote Badminton more in the US!! Also, we will have to help each other to keep away from fakes.

United We Stand!!:cool: :cool:

10. Glacier5000

Glacier5000 Regular Member

Fake racquets

Ebay has a policy, that if you report, they would not necessarily suspend. If they cannot tell from face value, they would ask the manufactor for their opinion before they take any action.

Have you noticed that the same seller constantly change their identities, but post the same pages over and over again? It's probably because old accounts have been suspended.

Ebay, like any other business, must take action for liability purposes. The manufactor can sue Ebay for providing means for counterfiet sellers if they do not do so.

I do not agree with previous post that Ebay only deals with counterfieting when it comes to high price items. A business' value is based on its name, and not the actual items that they sell. What's at stake here are not the product's themselves, but the manufacture reputation. Keep that in mind.

11. lancer

lancer New Member

possible answer

Really only Yonex has the power to shut the sellers down for selling copies
    So if you really want the sellers out
    Yonex is the way to go ;)