changing grips

Discussion in 'Grip' started by GTO-demon, Nov 7, 2004.

1. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    hey~ here's a question i was always wondering about..... when changing grip do we have to take off the old grip?? like i mean if it's a new racuqet it should have like a leatherish grip on it...... and when we want to change it do we take it off or just leave it there and put a layer of other grips on it??

2. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

it a personally perference.For me,i take it out(it wood inside if im not wrong)
    You can chose not to take that out alothough i dun see any big change in grip size.(it still the same)

3. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    okay........ because i was just curious..... because none of my friends take the leather out...... i'm the only one that does......... :p

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You are the smart one; curiousity has many rewards. :D

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    thats like all my friends they just put on an overgrip but i just took of the stock yonex grip it was crap to begin with and then just regipped it with a forza grip and put on some yy super grap. i would say tht it is all about personal preference but personally i would rather somethig that has more cusion to it as undergrip than some thin piece of leather (if you cant tell im not a fan of leather grips) eh just do whats best i mean your always holding it when you play might as well make it feel great.

6. butch

butch Regular Member

For me. i retain the original grip. I feel it easy to have control on my racket if i have a somewhat big handle. I find tha racket heavy if it has a smaller grip. so i just add up another layer of the original grip.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You are not the only one, I do that, too. Because my hands are small, even G4 + overgrip is too large for me. :crying:

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is a difference in the two approaches: one getting it right in buying a racquet with a big grip, the other adding an overgrip to a smaller grip to make it bigger. The first approach gives you a perfect 8-sided beveled handle, the second a more rounded handle that does not give you the same control, even if the grips are of the same size in both cases. :D