towel grips~

Discussion in 'Grip' started by GTO-demon, Nov 7, 2004.

1. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    are like all towel grips the same.........? like i mean by even thought the colors are different are the grip the same feel.........? because i'm uising yonex super grap right now and i've noticed that if i buy different coilors they all feel the same :confused:

2. butch

butch Regular Member

I guez not all towel grips are the same.. there are grips which has more percentage in cotton material and there are also has more nylon than cotton. I prefer to use the 100% cotton towel grips coz it absorbs more sweat than those with more nylon. And they dont cause statics. But somehow looking for those kind of grips here is hard. I dunno what brand was it since it was given to me by a friend. Now am usin those leather ones.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If same brand, same model, the feeling should some what to be close, unless they totally change the design. If different brand/model, the feeling could be significantly different.

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Dark towel grips are rougher than light towel grips. It seems that the dyeing process hardens the grip. The best colour to buy, therefore, is white.

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    You also get some thinner ones and some thicker ones, the thicker ones take a few hours of play to bed down to be comfortable.

I would agree with the white ones being the best to play with and also seem to last longer except from getting dirty of course, even when you wash your hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap before playing they still get dirty :eek:

6. bad-min-ton

bad-min-ton Regular Member

student
    y use tower grips at all. after u play, it feels all wet and nasty ..... check out Johnny's tower grip =.=

7. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Yes all Tower Grips gets nasty after a while, but when its new and fresh, it feels REALLY nice... I personally perferr towel instead of those supergraps (even tho im using it =p)..... but why don't u check out Shelley's Towel Grip? LOL its like she never Sweats ~.~...

8. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    ohh yeah~ yipom did you want a green supergrap?? because i think there's some now and i think i can get it for you for $7 ~ lol shelley does clears most of the time..... :S so i dout she'll sweat alot lol~

9. bad-min-ton

bad-min-ton Regular Member

student
    u know where to buy it.
    if u want to change the towel grip, do u take it off and then put it on again cuz i never had it before?

10. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    will if you wanna change it i can help you ........ and if i got your sentence right it's yes....~ because if you put another layer on the old towel grip i think it's just gonna rip off......... but i'm not sure~

11. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

once ur towel grip wears out, and turns all nasty and stuff.... u Remove it, and put on a new one...... u don't reuse them unless its those slip-on ones(condoms)

ummm i'll ask you if i DO want it, cuz i already got them from Clearone, and i'd probably want a different Colour since i ordered a Cab30MS already *Drools* can't wait till it gets here =D

and u still sweat even if u do clears ~.~...

12. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    alright...... and where did you order your cab 30 MS?? soo curious haha~

13. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

I got it online from the states www.badminton.net Still waiting for it tho, ordered it Last wednesday..... and buying racquets in Canada is jus RIp offs....

Sorry kinda off topic now....

14. Super~ME!

Super~ME! Regular Member

student
    .....well.....i find that if you wanna keep your grip longer and keep it from going nasty, spray some of that Axe deodorant stuff on the towel grip every once in a while and dry it with a blowdryer when you get home or at least just put it somewhere and let it dry overnight.....other than that.....towel grips are nice to play with, but they can get a bit slippery sometimes when you really start to sweat.....

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It is more economical to buy towel grip in bulk reel. After a few games, the nice soft feel fades away. You can use the blade of a knife and just run the blade cross-wise against the towel grip to give you another couple of games. If the grip gets hard then it is time to strip it off and put in a new one. :D

16. a3olus

a3olus Regular Member

Hi...was curious about what you said in your last post...how does running a blade across the grip help it last longer? And what exactly do you mean by running the blade cross-wise against the towel grip?

Btw...do you still get white towel grips in HK? They seem to be extinct in spore...:crying:

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You just hold the blade across the towel grip and scrap the towel grip from butt end to towards the shaft end and then from the shaft end towards the butt end a few times, and in the process some of the hardened "towel hairs" will loosen somewhat by standing up a little.
    I have seen bulk reels of towel grip in many beautiful colours but I can't recall seeing any white ones.

18. a3olus

a3olus Regular Member

OIC...but still no sign of white towel grip...aiks...will search harder...:cool: