Results 18 to 34 of 230
Thread: My 2nd trip to VAN - Feb, 2005
11-17-2004, 11:38 AM #18
Lol... I feel sooo hungry now.
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM #19Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
01-14-2005, 01:02 AM #20
Hey LB, any solid dates yet?
01-14-2005, 01:19 AM #21Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
I was busying looking for flight rates and talking with cappy75 on some details. I think i am going to book the flight in the next 1-2 weeks. So far, shoot for gap of last wk of Feb and 1st wk of March. I should be able to stay at least 1-2 more days than last time.
I will post the detail, once I locked up my reservation.
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM #22
That's excellent news and obviously the alphabet twins will be out to provide some entertainment for your visit.
BTW, is it just one or two making the trip?
Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
01-19-2005, 02:10 PM #23
Ok, just confirmed with my boss, and the vacation is approved... Finally!!!
Arrive: 2/23 (Wed) lunch time
Leave: 3/2 (Wed) lunch time
Hopefully, I still can catch up with the cheaper airfare rate by Air Canada (an increase of 40% compare to last yr ) I think I will go ahead to book up my airline ticket within the next 48-72 hrs. Therefore should be no major changes regarding to the time, as I have to get back to work, no later than 3/7 (Mon).
I think I will be ready for action from Wed night, to the following Tues night. I can see C1 and VRC should be a must, as most of the local BFers prefer to torture me again, with another (or more? ) 5+ hrs of sessions. Of course, local community centers (such as Collingwood, etc) are also within my consideration, if the schedule works out. I will try to attend as many sessions as possible, if my leg hold up, and Cappy75 does not mind to drive me around, and share the "torture sessions".
Ok, more training for me now, and let's get the action (baddy + FOOD!!!) going.
01-19-2005, 04:17 PM #24
YAY!!! Let the torture scheduling begin! Looking forward to meeting you this time around LB.
01-19-2005, 04:54 PM #25Originally Posted by 604badder
Lol... more "fresh blood" got pumped into the session, i have to pushhhh.... harderrrr...
01-19-2005, 08:20 PM #26
Looking forward to playing with you too! Was too pregnant to play last time you were here!Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
01-19-2005, 09:29 PM #27
Lazybuddy or you?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... sorry LB I'm carrying twins myself, or maybe quintuplets.
01-19-2005, 10:23 PM #28Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
01-20-2005, 06:31 AM #29Originally Posted by FEND.
For some "reason", guess this time still only me, the lonely wolf to make the trip again. However, I am sure it will give all of us much more freedom to enjoy the "torture sessions", and don't have to think too much when we talk (about certain topics )...
01-20-2005, 06:36 AM #30Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
01-20-2005, 06:48 AM #31
Yes, this time he's considered 'seasoned' in equipment and experience. No more pushing LB around to exhaustion with high clears and fast drops.
Originally Posted by FEND.
01-20-2005, 09:03 AM #32Originally Posted by cappy75
So, this time ur guys can set up some weak net return or half court clear, and see if I can smash down any of them?
01-21-2005, 10:51 AM #33
A little bit Chaos situation...
Don't know how to start this, but have to say, in the past 24 hrs, a lot of chaos happened here and there:
1. Trying to book the flight I want, but only found out the price rocked up by 70%! And the worst, only 7 seats left. Looking hard to find some alternative choices, found a few, not as great as the original $$$ and schedule wise, but still acceptable. So, I will say problem #1 seems solved.
2. My 6th sense 1st told me click "purchase ticket" asap, when i found the alternative choices, but right after, it told me "hold on..." Got invited into a big group meeting just 30 min ago, and found out there are some significant program re-schedule going on. The impact is: I won't know when I would be free, until next week's follow up meetings. Therefore, my original plan is totally "useless" at this moment. Yes, my boss approved my vacation time. However, if the re-plan lays out that time i would be extremely busy, i will feel bad for my group, for having fun by myself, but leaving my buddies all suffer with extra work from my share.
Ok, seems more and more confusing now... To cut my forever going speech short, here's my decision at this moment:
1. I can NOT book a flight right now, even though i do have some choices. I can NOT do it, before I know my new working schedule for the next 2-3 months.
2. Do I have to cancel my trip? Hope NOT, and my boss promised me, he would try his best to let me know my situation asap, and try his best to save my vacation as he promised. However, no one can guarantee 100% at this sec.
3. If I have to cancel the trip, when I can make it? Depends... As I stated in #2, once I got a clear view of my next several months' work load, I will get my trip back on track asap. Possible, just go ahead get a ticket (regardless $$$), and keep my promise with my van buddies. Possible just a minor slip of several weeks (hey, spring time is better? ). Also, possible quite a few months, if my task requires...
Stay tuned, and I will update this thread in real time. I guess I should be able to get a much clear pic by late next week, or early the week after next. I am very very sorry for the confusion, and possible cancellation of the trip (Nooooooo... ). But seems, I just simply ran out of choice...
Let's pray, some miracle will happen... And I miss my 2nd home - Vancouver...
01-31-2005, 10:56 AM #34
Delay of my trip
Sorry to inform that my trip got to be delayed. I was pulled into another project team, which is under fire and request assistance immediately. Therefore, I really don't it's possilbe or nice to let the new team leader still "carry over" my vacation proposal from the older team.
Therefore, I plan to delay my vacation for 1-2 months, and hopefully by then, I can enjoy my time freely. And, I think the weather in April should be better than Feb, right?
I am very sorry for the late change, and I promise once I get out of the chaos, I will just get my flight, and coming for the VRC torture session.
By malayali in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 19: 06-06-2008, 08:21 AM
By ants in forum China / Hong KongReplies: 5: 11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
By badMania in forum China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005Replies: 538: 09-25-2005, 07:06 AM
By LazyBuddy in forum Canada WestReplies: 453: 04-26-2004, 09:45 AM
By kwun in forum Sudirman Cup 2003Replies: 2: 03-27-2003, 09:45 AM