the newbie

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Anatolii, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hello everyone,

i'm not exactly new here. i've been reading the threads in BC for quite some time now. just didn't sign up coz i'd not find a nice pseudonym :) . now that i have, there's no stopping me from posting/ babbling in everyone's threads!:D :D

i'll catch y'll later,
    gotta run now

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum Anatolii ... :D

-dave

3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hey, thanks for the welcome, dave. :)
    i understand that you make it a point to make new members feel at home here... but i can assure you that i'm quite settled down :D . like i said BC isn't entirely new to me.

let me introduce myself more properly; i'm a malaysian and in college now. and like most girls in the forum, i highly regard good looks in the pros, besides their skills :D ! and XIA XUANZE is definitely one of them. 2nd on my list is probably CHEN HONG. and the list goes on. in short, i basically root for the chinese team.

skills-wise.. i can't say i have none after all i've been at the sport since my kidhood. but i am seriously lacking in every sense of the word. lol.... sure i'm trying harder at it right now, ever since my spirited love for bdmton rekindled.

i must say though, watching and cheering is what i do best. haha :D

i love to draw/sketch as well. but quantity and quality of my works of art aren't much to boast of. i tried drawing brad pitt once, and it was going pretty well until i drew the mouth. and then, at one time i liked josh hartnett enough to attempt his sketch, but it never went further than the pair of eyes, nose and a few tufts of hair :D :D maybe that's because i didn't admire him THAT much after all.. now i'm trying my hand at some of the players. i might post them here if they aren't too ugly and unrecognisable. hehheh!

that's all for now, folks.

p.s.: by the way, to all m'sians, if you haven't heard this one yet, wwf (msia) has been calling out (for sometime now) to people who are interested in adopting a turtle, they can do so for RM 150. all you have to do is call them up at 03-78033772 and ask for Shanee (spelling?). you'll receive an adoption certificate, a maha-something t-shirt, and info about your adopted turtle. there's no point in calling today (which is what I did - silly me!) because it's DEEPAVALI!

4. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Why not adopt kittens instead? Lemme upload the pics in a sec.

-dave

5. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Free kittens to a good home!!!

Attached Files:

6. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

oh, c'mon dave!
    they're disgusting!! :D :D :D

i'm pretty sure i don't want them. not even if you pay me good.

anyway, i was talking serious business there. wwf specifically mentioned green turtles. i hope other types are up for adoption. not that we're gonna be allowed to rear them of course. them poor things.

just for the record, i have a pet tortoise. name's TOOTIE!! ;)

7. goldmedal

goldmedal Regular Member

education
    those cats r veryt interesting

8. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hahah!!! :D :D

yeah! i suppose i should be grateful to them for gracing my thread, heheh! ;) i never fail to laugh whenever i see them.

9. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    A warm welcome to this Forum. :)

Any special meaning with "Anatolii"?

By the way, what are you studying? Are you in Mal?

How to raise Tortoise? Is it difficult? When I was very very young, we had two at home running all around. They gave birth to some eggs but the eggs failed to become tortoise.

Redkingjoe

#9 redkingjoe, Nov 22, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hey, thanks red.,

it isn't that difficult raring a tortoise. just remember to feed it twice everyday (but i do three, sometimes more) and change the water periodically. mine's quite big now... fancy yours laying eggs!! that is SOOO cool! too bad, they didn't hatch though. maybe you have to incubate them or something.. !!! hahahaAA! :D

11. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    The time that we kept tortoise was around 30 years ago when we also kept a dog. The tortoise just had their breakfeast, lunch and dinner from the dog's food plate. They took care of themselves. Obviously, I don't know how to take care of them.

My problem now: my son got us bought him a very beautiful tortoise a few years ago but it was dead within a few months!! Now my son wants to get a new tortoise!!! I don't want to be a...murderer...

So I want to learn to raise tortoise before even thinking about adopting one.

12. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    I KNOW!!!
    it means 'from the east'.

13. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Anatolii, you're a girl? Aiyo. I can't see it through the nick!
    I thought you're some guy from Leningrad or Vladivostok. ;)

Which side of PJ? I've only lived in the Klang Valley for five years and I can still get lost in PJ! :)

14. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

adopting? how do you do that?

anyway, like i said, it's quite simple. tortoises are probably the easiest to rear. so remember: feed regularly. change the water everyday. you gotta wash it (the tortoise) once in a while too... one word of caution though, it'll probably not like the sensation of a bath and will most likely struggle. so don't give in. remove all uneaten food - how? just wash the aquarium again. don't put too much water.. as we all know tortoises are mainly land animals..

hmm.. i'm not sure about tortoises eating MEAT.. sure they're reptiles, but they don't HAVE teeth.. unless you fed your dog vege..???!!!

15. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Thanks! Thanks!!

I have a lot of friends from Mal. They are simply the nicest and friendliest people that I have known of from the other Nations. I live in Hong Kong. I really missed thess: Let's go shopping la? No la. Give me 5 bugs la....

16. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

haha! :D i live in ss2. actually, if anyone were to ask me to bring them around the place.. they're gonna be in for a good laugh! i'm terrible in road directions probably because i rarely go out. but pj's a big place. and the roads (some, at least) are not very organised..

if i WAS that some guy, i would think everyone would be flocking to chat with him.. since you don't get many members from that part of the world.:)
    but i chose to go under anatolii because it's sounds cute.. i love russian names! and most iimportantly, it has a meaning that concerns me..:)

17. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    How's the meaning that "concern" you?:confused:

18. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

erm.. maybe i just utilised the wrong word.. i chose it for the simple reason that i AM from the east (besides it having a nice ring to it, of course) ;) :D

anyway, i actually got the name by browsing through the internet. they've got names which mean from 'an angel' to 'hope'; 'a helper' to 'an heir'; 'inexperienced' to 'possessed'!!! i'm definitely not any of those! :D

19. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Thanks.

It's cool to have a Russian name. May be I should find one for the "would-be" coming Tortoise!!:D The meaning must be something like "difficult to die".

20. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

lol! you're funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.