eBay Customs Delay in Canada??

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Dave18, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone no more about this? I got an email from ebay saying that I purchased an item from the states and it could take up to 5 weeks for it to arrive in Toronto.

Has anyone from Canada who purchased an item from the states had any delays? Or from the states who purchased an item from canada and had delays?

Thanks.

2. 1oNe_

1oNe_ New Member

There is (or was) a customs strike in Canada for a few weeks. This caused the parcel flow into Canada to slow down to a crawl since only one shipping location was doing the processing . I'm not sure its still going on or if they had cleared out the backlog of packages yet.

I had two packages from the US get here with no delays, but for others they have been getting delays of up to 5 weeks. So I'm guessing it depends on the luck of the draw. Btw, packages going TOWARDS the US are not affected by the delay. Hope that helps.

3. MOeZiE

MOeZiE New Member

no problems

I'm constanlty buying stuff from the states and i havne't had any problems with shippping over to canada..

4. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    It's not just ebay. It depends on the courier and how many items in your package. UPS I hear is really bad with 5 weeks being a short time. I have heard this from some book vendors that the US is funnelling packages to just a few centres that check, examine, fondle and break your packages before sending them on to Canada. Your lucky you're in the east apparently delays are 8 weeks or more in the west. And it's getting worse.

Fedex, I hear, has much shorter delays.

I won't mention the reason or who is responsible for this. ;)

5. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

I ordered a stringing machine from ATS on Wednesday. They shipped it through UPS by ground service. And I received it today.
    The service is really fast but I was charged 50CAD brokeage fee. :crying:

NEVER, I mean NEVER use UPS if you order stuff from US.