User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default leftover equipment in the gym

I guess some people are just too rich and have nowhere to spend their money.

In my school, if you go play badminton on Monday, you can find at least ONE DOZEN of 80% to sparkling new shuttles waiting for you to pick up in the gym's trash bin. Not only that, if you get lucky, you may also pick up YONEX RACKETS!

So far, I've spotted. an MP 77 (frame was split, so dumped), MP 99 (ditto), ARMORTEC 700 (very minor crack about 1mm deep, almost unobservable, however I wasn't the first one to spot it), MP 99 (cracked frame, dumped).
    But today I got really lucky. I picked up a Cab 30MS that was intact and had no scratches at all! Only the strings were broken but that was it, the guy was even generous enough to throw in (sorry for the pun) the case!

Needless to say I seized the racket at once and now it is getting a new string job. If everything goes according to schedule, the racket will be ready by Wednesday, boy, can't wait for Wednesday to come.

And BTW a question, is Cab 30MS suitable for beginners and intermediates? Also Yonex rates it as an offensive racket but seems that most of the reviewers see it as a control racket, that's quite odd...
    Last edited by Mr. Anderson; 11-22-2004 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson
    I picked up a Cab 30MS that was intact and had no scratches at all! Only the strings were broken but that was it, the guy was even generous enough to throw in (sorry for the pun) the case!

dude... u r very lucky !!! enjoy it !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked up a Cab 30MS that was intact and had no scratches at all! Only the strings were broken but that was it, the guy was even generous enough to throw in (sorry for the pun) the case!

hope u will treat it like u bought it urself

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You must go to a very privileged school!

Free racquets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a nice school you got there.Thinking of my school,where shuttle is worst,some not being able to fly at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, some say it's the work of spoiled outsiders (believe it or not the gym/badminton court is open for hiring on weekends) while others believe an ex-badminton lover who retired decided to give everyone a treat.

Who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hmm

could be part of the christmas giveaways..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, what school do u go to anyway?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess some people are just too rich and have nowhere to spend their money.

In my school, if you go play badminton on Monday, you can find at least ONE DOZEN of 80% to sparkling new shuttles waiting for you to pick up in the gym's trash bin. Not only that, if you get lucky, you may also pick up YONEX RACKETS!

So far, I've spotted. an MP 77 (frame was split, so dumped), MP 99 (ditto), ARMORTEC 700 (very minor crack about 1mm deep, almost unobservable, however I wasn't the first one to spot it), MP 99 (cracked frame, dumped).
    But today I got really lucky. I picked up a Cab 30MS that was intact and had no scratches at all! Only the strings were broken but that was it, the guy was even generous enough to throw in (sorry for the pun) the case!

Needless to say I seized the racket at once and now it is getting a new string job. If everything goes according to schedule, the racket will be ready by Wednesday, boy, can't wait for Wednesday to come.

And BTW a question, is Cab 30MS suitable for beginners and intermediates? Also Yonex rates it as an offensive racket but seems that most of the reviewers see it as a control racket, that's quite odd...
    1. If a racket is cracked, and the player knows s/he could not claim the warranty, why not just dump it???

2. Not to be offensive, just wonder, maybe the cab30ms owner just left his/her racket by mistake (mis-placed it, etc). I think you should ask around 1st. If s/he really does not want it, then, surely u can accpet the "free gift". If s/he just accidentally lost it, I really think you should give it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    1. If a racket is cracked, and the player knows s/he could not claim the warranty, why not just dump it???

2. Not to be offensive, just wonder, maybe the cab30ms owner just left his/her racket by mistake (mis-placed it, etc). I think you should ask around 1st. If s/he really does not want it, then, surely u can accpet the "free gift". If s/he just accidentally lost it, I really think you should give it back.
    Yeah!! Hey! That was my Cab-30MS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Yeah!! Hey! That was my Cab-30MS!!
    You sure it isn't mine bluejeff? After all, I don't think you still go to school

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mr. Anderson, are you studying in international school or some well known school......such as DBS?? So rich!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it was in the trash bin so I'm pretty sure it can't be a mistake.

The reason why I feel sad about this is because I think the people who are doing this (dumping of rackets) are being too wasteful. Why do I say this? Every racket I pick up from the bin is less than 3 months old, with the Armortecd 700 being just a month old. I understand that a cracked racket is as good as useless, but come on, it's only 3 months old for goodness sake, why, instead of fixing it get another high end model before it breaks in your hands again for who knows how long?

And I go to Queen's College, definitely not a rich school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH................. This is my dream school in 12 years old!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen's School!!! I dare not even dream about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow such a nice sch throws away such nice and rackets.how can a experience player know how to break such a high-end racket.i thouht they shld know how to take care of it.and how can anyone break such a high-end racket in 3mths.unless he is superpro.u re so lucky cab30muscle.so gd ya its a very good racket for control i think world class players are still using it.i think shon seung mo is one of them.