Rights of pictures on BC

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Johansen, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

I am wondering who has the rights of the many pictures that are posted in BC. Are the pictures taken by members here? and can they be used other places?

Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Hi Johansen,

It depends which ones. They come from all sorts of sources. some are taken from www.badmintonphotos.com some are from shabok (BF member) who takes photos at some european tournaments in the calendar. others I believe are either from other badminton websites/news sites eg the star, jakarta post, sina, xinhua, (to name but a few). only a small minority are from members personal cameras (amateurs).

3. wirre

wirre Regular Member

This is a delicate issue since there are legal rights to consider. But in general I think it is quite ok (even if not completely legal) to post a picture in a post like this. You might even print it out as a personal copy. But as soon as you are using it for any kind of commercial use, on the web or otherwise, you should get the right permissions and pay those who own the rights. And *always* make clear about the origin. Likewise if you put out a picture without legal rights to do so you *must* comply if there is anyone questioning this, no discussion.

/mats