Stringing caused splitted frame.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by CanuckBur, Nov 16, 2004.

1. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Hi,

Do you know how someone could cause a racquet frame to split during stringing?

A near new racquet I bought in the summer was strung today (23 lbs), but I got a call back that the frame was splitted during stringing process. The person wanted to use the excuse that the Yonex racquet's limit was between 14-18 lbs. Of course, I didn't buy it. He later suggested that a replacement racquet, but it already made me mad. I doubt that he would give me a similar quality/dated racquet. Have anyone of you got a similar experience?

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Which part of the frame was cracked? Is it right at the top (12 o'clock) or at the 5 or 7 o'clock?

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Happens all the time. That's why one should avoid retailer stringers (eg. SportChek, SportMart, etc.) who has more tennis/squash experience than badminton ones. You should ask around the clubs you played in and get the stringer with the most favorable recommendations. The regulars all have their go-to guys, that in itself may not be a guarantee against bad workmanship but it's a better bet.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Rackets being damaged during string process is one of the major factors for racket breakage. Of course, stringer's workmanship and skill is obvious the 1st one come into mind, but it might not be the only reason (i.e. manufacture defect, previous string job damage, clash, etc).

I think you should go to the store to see where the racket is broken, and take some pictures. If the experts here can make the conclusion it's due to manufacture defect, or obviously the stringer's own fault, u should demand some replacement / refund. However, if it suffers serious clashes, etc before, then... :rolleyes:

5. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    He mentioned that it had slight bend at the top left (not sure what he meant, 11 or 1 o'clock). He didn't mention whether splitting is at the same place. I may have to take a look at it. What a waste of a good racquet.

6. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I will keep this in mind. Next time, I don't mind to pay $10 more for good stringing.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Maybe he was using the "bottom to top" method without enough side supports on the machine??? :rolleyes: