User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Question about plastic shuttles...

Before you tell me to search, I declare that I have already searched and found no result answering my questions.

1. Does the skirt of the shuttle get ripped in play? I've seen many shuttle skirts are ripped..but I've never actually ripped one when I hit them.

2. Why does the cork of the shuttle become loose? By that, I mean you can turn the cork while holding the skirt still. I haven't actually made the cork loose from a new shuttle; I only see that the cork is loose on some shuttles that are used in the club I play in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Re

Hi,

No worry, i wouldn't ask u to search as it cost lot of time.
    just to ask u, hw come u r using plastic shuttle?
    For training or playing matches?

Ceng

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    Before you tell me to search, I declare that I have already searched and found no result answering my questions.

1. Does the skirt of the shuttle get ripped in play? I've seen many shuttle skirts are ripped..but I've never actually ripped one when I hit them.

2. Why does the cork of the shuttle become loose? By that, I mean you can turn the cork while holding the skirt still. I haven't actually made the cork loose from a new shuttle; I only see that the cork is loose on some shuttles that are used in the club I play in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's because of wear and tear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club I play at provides plastic..and so most of the players there aren't used to using feather. I could bring in feather, but the other guys will break them pretty quickly, considering how often plastic shuttles are damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Cengsc
    Hi,

No worry, i wouldn't ask u to search as it cost lot of time.
    just to ask u, hw come u r using plastic shuttle?
    For training or playing matches?

Ceng

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. It rips very slowly...

2. The cork of the shuttle doesn't become loose. The reason why you can hold the skirt and turn the cork is because the cork broke. So you can't really say it's loose since it's broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's generally when the shuttle is smashed and the skirt folds, causing the skirt to rip.

The cork is only held in by some plastic dug into the cork, after a bashing it'll become loose as the cork will deform.