Oval rackets...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mr. Anderson, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Regular Member

Molecule builder
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but compiling what I've read so far, oval rackets have a smaller sweetspot compared to isometric rackets so it would require the player to hit more accurately in order to produce a satisfactory shot. Because of this, oval rackets are especially recommended to beginners since the first thing they need to develop is their sense of aim.

Is that true? If that's true, I guess I'd better go and get a cheap Cab or any other oval racket for practice.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist

You're in the right place. Hong Kong is a good place to pick up Cabs, I believe.

-dave

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Correct

Not necessary always true. Sometimes it's not a bad idea to have a ISO racket for beginners because you want to let them to learn the footworks first. (also to build their interest in badminton without much of mis-hits). Oval racket can be used for experienced people who have ability to swing and hit the shuttle accurately.

4. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    imo you should start with an iso, and when you have a basic sense of the game, switching to a cab would greatly improve your aim and accuracy and use of the sweet spot...when you feel like you can play without unforcedly missing the sweet spot, then it would be a good time to switch back to an iso which would give you an advantage...