User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does larger/smaller grip affect the weight of the racket?

Hi all, so sorry for asking this. But I need to clear some confusion I am having. You see, last night I had a chance to try on a heavy head 4u4g VZF in a game. What surprise me is how it felt, because I know Z Force suppose to be a very heavy head racket. That's not the case last night, the Z Force feel very fast as if I'm using a balance/head light racket. The control was very good too.
    After a game I use back my lighter 6u5g racket and wow such a different feel. My racket felt heavier all of the sudden. I need to re-adjust back my timing. So I would want to know why is there a different between G4 grip & G5?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 6u? Is it a Flash Boost? I can't think of any other racket that would be in the weight category.

The grips do weigh a small amount, as do over grips.

The 4u might be too light for you, if your grip is counterbalancing the racket, it sounds like you should've gone for the 3u.

I'm using a 3u ZF2 personally and can still feel the head weight on it, with and without an overgrip. The 6u shouldn't have felt heavy though.

Maybe you got fatigued using the ZF2. I certainly did after switching to it after an AS9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't have to be the FlashBoost, if you live in Asia, there are various 6U (even 7U) rackets from brands like Apacs, Flypower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My racket is from Apacs.
    Hmm i tried 3u5g VT80 before, and man it does feel heavy head by a lot.

So basically the size of the racket grip doesn't affect on the feel of the racket? I choose G5 grip as i have shorter finger and feel more confident as I can grip fully, G4 just feel too big sometimes when I swing I have the worry that the racket might flew off my hand